It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
nightcraw1er.488: Yes, I see 41 notifications, and the tab title keeps flashing 41 on and off like a traffic light.

GOG: Will this actually include ALL updates, as the current system did not flag at least Dying Light update nor the Shadow Warrior one, don't know if there were others.
fishbaits: Nope, only "social" notifications.
For games we're still shit out of luck.
Great, don't fix the really important bit, I suppose I should expect it by now.
paladin181: Apparently you can only show 50 notifications at a time. Clear all clears all visible notifications, and loads up the queue. You had over 80 notifications if I'm guessing correctly.
tinyE: Yeah, 80. 79 of which were threats. :P JOKE
So only one wrong number then?
Post edited September 05, 2017 by nightcraw1er.488
fishbaits: Nope, only "social" notifications.
For games we're still shit out of luck.
nightcraw1er.488: Great, don't fix the really important bit, I suppose I should expect it by now.
tinyE: Yeah, 80. 79 of which were threats. :P JOKE
nightcraw1er.488: So only one wrong number then?
pretty much
"Official" announcement thread for this is here, BTW.
high rated
CharlesGrey: [...] The realist in me suspects, that GOG's new customers -- the people who don't mind DRM, web clients or in-app purchases -- probably far outnumber GOG's old, more traditional customer base. Or else they wouldn't go through with all these changes. Or maybe these new customers are simply more interesting ( as in: easier to please/ greater profit potential ) from a business perspective. [...]
[emphasis added]

Or they're working on attracting as many of the people you described as possible, so they far outnumber their old, more traditional customer base, if they haven't already.

And yes, they're probably easier to please which in turn translates, or at least is expected/projected to translate, to greater profit (potential).
Caesar.: It's only fair to acknowledge the team for keeping their word and bringing notifications back. I was among those who complained about the lack of notifications and requested their return, so now it's my turn to thank GOG.

Both emphases mine... and the following is from an April 2015 post by mrkgnao on The "what did just update?" thread :
Reminds me of a traditional Jewish story, which I love, so I copy it below: [Reprinted with permission from "How the Children Became Stars" by Aaron Zerah, published by Sorin Books.] A poor man lived with his wife and six children in a very small one-room house. They were always getting in each other's way and there was so little space they could hardly breathe! Finally the man could stand it no more. He talked to his wife and asked her what to do. "Go see the rabbi," she told him, and after arguing a while, he went. The rabbi greeted him and said, "I see something is troubling you. Whatever it is, you can tell me." And so the poor man told the rabbi how miserable things were at home with him, his wife, and the six children all eating and living and sleeping in one room. The poor man told the rabbi, "We're even starting to yell and fight with each other. Life couldn't be worse." The rabbi thought very deeply about the poor man's problem. Then he said, "Do exactly as I tell you and things will get better. Do you promise?" "I promise," the poor man said. The rabbi then asked the poor man a strange question. "Do you own any animals?" "Yes," he said. "I have one cow, one goat, and some chickens." "Good," the rabbi said. "When you get home, take all the animals into your house to live with you." The poor man was astonished to hear this advice from the rabbi, but he had promised to do exactly what the rabbi said. So he went home and took all the farm animals into the tiny one-room house. The next day the poor man ran back to see the rabbi. "What have you done to me, Rabbi?" he cried. "It's awful. I did what you told me and the animals are all over the house! Rabbi, help me!" The rabbi listened and said calmly, "Now go home and take the chickens back outside." The poor man did as the rabbi said, but hurried back again the next day. "The chickens are gone, but Rabbi, the goat!" he moaned. "The goat is smashing up all the furniture and eating everything in sight!" The good rabbi said, "Go home and remove the goat and may God bless you." So the poor man went home and took the goat outside. But he ran back again to see the rabbi, crying and wailing. "What a nightmare you have brought to my house, Rabbi! With the cow it's like living in a stable! Can human beings live with an animal like this?" The rabbi said sweetly, "My friend, you are right. May God bless you. Go home now and take the cow out of your house." And the poor man went quickly home and took the cow out of the house. The next day he came running back to the rabbi again. "O Rabbi," he said with a big smile on his face, "we have such a good life now. The animals are all out of the house. The house is so quiet and we've got room to spare! What a joy!"

• • •

The fixing of the newly improved tags will be met with the same elated gratitude, I suppose. Although, please, do NOT hold your breath ! It's ONLY been reported since August 25th on the Gaming deals thread from post 66030 onward (the first three from HypersomniacLive / Grargar / muntdefems being quoted below)... However, as directly linking to a post in that thread is broken, due to entire posts deletions there, better visit page 4389 (when logged out) to read more about GOG's latest ¹ chickenpox)...

— Aug. 25 post 66030 by HypersomniacLive on page 4389 (when logged out) of the Gaming deals thread
Grargar: [url=https://www.humblebundle.com/spooky-horror-bundle]<span class="bold">Humble Spooky Horror Bundle</span>[/url] […] https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/indie-legends-6-bundle]&lt;span class="bold">Bundle Stars Indie Legends 6 Bundle</span>[url] […] What's up with these links? I'd swear that they were proper hyperlinks a couple of days ago.

— Aug. 25 post 66031 by Grargar on page 4389 (when logged out) of the Gaming deals thread
Seems like bolding only the words inside the hyperlinks produces these trainwrecks. If you instead bold the whole hyperlink, no such thing happens. Let me confirm my suspicions: [url=https://www.gog.com]<span class="bold">This GOG</span>[/url] is broken. Edit: Yup This GOG is broken.

— Aug. 25 post 66032 by muntdefems on page 4389 (when logged out) of the Gaming deals thread
Great, I'll just have to exchange the [ b ] and the [ url ] tags in my updates reporting script... :\

< and as promptly discovered, likewise for any [ i ] because why stop at [ b ] when 24 letters remain (no, really...) >

Another place to start reading about that issue is HypersomniacLive's reply to skeletonbow, yesterday, in post 1111 of fan favourite The "what did just break" thread 2.0 (direct-linking not broken, there, but visiting page 75 when logged out is another option – it's the first post, second part, which further links ² to MarkoH01's echo / report in post 1036 of that same thread)...

— Sept. 6 post 1110 by skeletonbow on page 74 (when logged out) of The "what did just break" thread 2.0
At some point in time, probably recently as part of GOG's masterful expert spam blocking mission, they managed to break the way certain nested forum markup works. Putting bold tags inside the text of a URL tag, will cause it to display raw HTML <span> tags in the output retroactively across the forums. No doubt other combinations of tags are broken also I bet.

< indeed, indeed ; and you win a GOG's English Dictionary for such a feat (which is still far less impressive than phaolo's prophetic powers – but thankfully far more optimistic than BenKii's prediction... or rather, since GOG seems adamantly bent on going under the weather, forecast >

— Sept. 6 post 1111 by HypersomniacLive on page 75 (when logged out) of The "what did just break" thread 2.0
You are [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread_20/post1036]way too late to this party[/url]. It's one of the side effects of GOG's genius fix of a security issue that was reported about ten days ago. The forum is littered with such broken links, GOG's own release threads is as far as you need to look to get a taste.

At this point, I cannot be bothered.

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬   Shakespears Sister 'I Don't Care'   ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

_____
EDIT ►   Links, of course...

¹   That is, as of today, September 7th – and as far as I currently know...

²   This somehow reminds me of when I once tried to silently, and thus ineffectively, reflect the overarching deployment of Galaxy ³ by cross-linking my posts... Then again, how to properly illustrate the twists and turns of that chimera – or should I say manticore ? Hmm, lo and behold, GOG Suddenly Stopped Working... And it doesn't stop there ? After the "notification" update, GOG Galaxy takes almost 10 minutes to start up ? My, my... Once bitten, twice shy !

³   Don't say its name. It may hear you. […] T̠̦̟̺̮̤̺ẖ͕͓̜i̷̙̯̞͙̪͕̱r̢̻̼̗̘̜̹d̫̫̪͚̭͔̦ ̼̦̥̗̘̫ͅţ͚̥̠̝̮͕i̴͙̥m̘̺͉̘̠e͈̰̘'̫s͎̙ t̮͈͍̝̩͉̤͘͜͡h͉e̵̻͙̯ c̵̷̨͏̩̬̩͔̮͕̙̰̬̞̳̻̤͢h̸̡̡̰̙͈̻̰͜a̦̭͙̳̮̭̬̹̟͟͟r̸̵̹̺̤̘̱̟̱̝̱̹̱͎̕ ͅm̸̷̢̙̟͇̹̱̝͇̹͎͞.̸̪͓̹̠̺̤̜̥̼͙̣͚͎͔͙̕͢͠ͅ ··· ¡¡¡ ʇou ···
Attachments:
Post edited September 07, 2017 by aquaSolus
BKGaming: [...] It's on the list of installed games on the left hand side of the screen, not the library. I provided a pic for you to better clarifiy. Easly noticiable and remains until we update. It's always worked this way. We don't get any notification using the new system regarding game updates, Galaxy related or otherwise. [...]
Quick question - are the changelogs accessible through this list? If yes, do the notifications remain until the user initiates the update, even if/when one access the changelog to check what was updated?
HypersomniacLive: Quick question - are the changelogs accessible through this list? If yes, do the notifications remain until the user initiates the update, even if/when one access the changelog to check what was updated?
The changelogs are shown on the main screen of the game page if there is one... so yes. Yes the notifications remain until the user updates, even if they cancel the update or check the changelog. It will always show the update is available until you update. Provided pics of where the changelog is.
Attachments:
screen_1.png (220 Kb)
screen_2.png (309 Kb)
Post edited September 10, 2017 by BKGaming
BKGaming: The changelogs are shown on the main screen of the game page if there is one... so yes. Yes the notifications remain until the users updates, even if they cancel the update or check the changelog. It will always show the update is available until you update. Provided pics of where the changelog is.
Thanks, can you bring up this main screen by clicking on the game in the list of your post #588 screenshot, or (only?) via your library (or whatever the equivalent of it is in the client)?
BKGaming: The changelogs are shown on the main screen of the game page if there is one... so yes. Yes the notifications remain until the users updates, even if they cancel the update or check the changelog. It will always show the update is available until you update. Provided pics of where the changelog is.
HypersomniacLive: Thanks, can you bring up this main screen by clicking on the game in the list of your post #588 screenshot, or (only?) via your library (or whatever the equivalent of it is in the client)?
Both. If the game is installed, you just clck on the game list on the left from postt #588. If the game is not installed you can go to the library and click on the game to load the main game screen.
BKGaming: Both. If the game is installed, you just clck on the game list on the left from postt #588. If the game is not installed you can go to the library and click on the game to load the main game screen.
Thanks, that's the clarification I was looking for.