It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
1. 3.2.14.0 (Stable)
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. English

5. I'm not sure what needs to be posted, but due to how lengthy the log file is, I've instead uploaded it here: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/27/1022696/My%20Documents/logger.log

6. I've been getting checksum errors with Pod Gold and Theme Hospital (in this case, it said error on chunk 1.) when the download finishes.
Post edited November 03, 2012 by VoodooKnight
I am running windows 7 32 bit and am getting the same thing
having a variation on this issue, the download jumps to near completion, goes down a little and then gives a checksum error, can not use another downloader without pausing and resuming download because of some issue it has with downloads taking a while.
Come on - come with some explanation- What is happenig?
First of all for weeks you are having problems wit IE - I could not order games if I was using IE - I could not point to the expiry date of my CC.
I had to use FF to enter my orders.
What seriously pissed me was that appart from the problems with download which is not possible either though both browsers nor by your download client-when I go to my Games I got no link to download. To think that I ordered 5 games on your latest promo and I cannot touch them. Please do something about it as soon as possible
Using W764 AMD - latest drivers, IE9 or FF16.01
Post edited November 04, 2012 by F242
3.2.14.0(stable)
Windows 8 64-bit Chinese
Firefox 16.0.2

My downloader can't finish downloading either game installer EXEs or RARs SINCE last week's the latest upgrade, (not sure about the acurate date the problem begins from). I thought it would be temporay, but it's been like this for days now.

It does download, but the speed is extremely slow, like 5k/s or 500b/s (it was 1-2m/s before), and it just keeps downloading like forever when the bar touches the end(see the attached screenshot) , then nothing happens. The file just got stuck, while I can see the file in the directory but just can't run nor unzip it.

Somebody HELP ME!

Could not upload the .log file for it's too big(>3M)
Attachments:
caesarzx.jpg (53 Kb)
Post edited November 04, 2012 by caesarzx
caesarzx: 3.2.14.0(stable)
Windows 8 64-bit Chinese
Firefox 16.0.2

My downloader can't finish downloading either game installer EXEs or RARs SINCE last week's the latest upgrade, (not sure about the acurate date the problem begins from). I thought it would be temporay, but it's been like this for days now.

It does download, but the speed is extremely slow, like 5k/s or 500b/s (it was 1-2m/s before), and it just keeps downloading like forever when the bar touches the end(see the attached screenshot) , then nothing happens. The file just got stuck, while I can see the file in the directory but just can't run nor unzip it.

Somebody HELP ME!

Could not upload the .log file for it's too big(>3M)
Could you try to Pause and Resume download when progress bar getting stuck on the place shown on attached screenshot?
GoG Dudes,

Seriously, what the hell? You promised a new version of the downloader which did not come, I had to actually download a torrent of Hotline Miami even though I've purchased it through your site just to enjoy the game I paid for.

I mean...seriously?

And none of my other games will download either. Sluggish speeds and then cheksum error on Chunk Whatever.

This mess is seriously ruining my good, seamless customer experience with GoG so far. Chaos on Deponia launches on Tuesday and a lot of folks have gotten it through your site. I really hope you've got your downloader together by then.

Sincerely pissed off.
Again, again and again problems.
Long download (hero V) miserably ended after hours with chunk 99 corrupted.
Now restarted the downloader with smaller downloads and the downloader failed with errors, and what's worst every time it is reopened it just breaks again and re-crashes, making it impossible to run (will have to delete files and/or uninstall/reinstall...).

Please GOG, having the best games and prices in the world is useless if the gateway to these goodies, the downloader, is TOTALLY BROKEN, leading to such continuous unsatisfactory experiences all your users here are having.
You need to do something and quick: fix it, resort to another downloader, open-source to get other people help if you have trouble in debugging, just avoid us this pain.

Another piece of advice: do as other pieces of software do, and allow the option to send you automatically the log data: this avoids having to manually do paste and copy here, not quite professional debug handling, and much more time consuming on your side as well.

Thanks.

---

Last tech info follows:

Gog downloader version: 3.2.14.0 (stable)
OS Version: Win 7 HP (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)
Language: Italian (Italy)
Browser: Firefox 16.0.2

Log tail:
1352067827 init started
1352067827 Worker -1 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/status/stable/3.2.14
App online: True
1352067828 Init ended
1352067828 Downloader 0 attempting to open chunk starflight_manuals.zip.0
1352067828 Downloader 0 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/extra/starflight_1_2/1309/
1352067828 Login started
1352067828 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/user/stable/
1352067828 Downloader 0 Downloading chunk starflight_manuals.zip.0
1352067828 User RobertFrost logged in
Expected starting bytes 0, ending bytes 33223957 for chunk starflight_manuals.zip.0
Starting bytes 0, ending bytes 33223957 for chunk starflight_manuals.zip.0
1352067829 Login ended
1352067889 Worker -1 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/user/stable/
InvalidOperationException on Downloader 0
Stack trace: in System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
in GOGCompanionApp.Worker.DownloadChunk(Object downloadObject) in C:\bp\TEMP\GOG.com Companion\Worker.cs:riga 1711
Inner exception:
1352067955 Downloader 0 Downloading chunk starflight_manuals.zip.0
Expected starting bytes 0, ending bytes 33223957 for chunk starflight_manuals.zip.0
Starting bytes 21171077, ending bytes 33223957 for chunk starflight_manuals.zip.0
1352068038 Downloader 0 Ended downloading chunk starflight_manuals.zip.0
1352068038 Downloader 0 attempting to open chunk starflight_manuals.zip.0
1352068038 Downloader 0 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/extra/starflight_1_2/1309/
1352068039 Downloader 0 Downloading chunk starflight_manuals.zip.0
Starting bytes 0, ending bytes 33223957 for chunk starflight_manuals.zip.0
1352068069 Worker -1 Requesting https://api.gog.com/en/downloader2/user/stable/
Post edited November 04, 2012 by RobertFrost
Almost all of you guys have a problem with timeout of operation. Detecting a problem is quite hard, because there is many things which can cause it. There might me issue with downloader, yours or server internet connection and many another things.

We are working on fix this issuse, and would like to say sorry for any inconvenience.
I was having the same problems yesterday after I downloaded the new version of the downloader. I dropped the concurrent connections down to 2 as Szulak suggested in a previous post and now everything is working fine. I downloaded Demon Stone and Rainbow Six (about 2GB in total) without a problem where before it was stopping at 50MB.

Downloader Version: 3.2.14.0
OS: Windows 7 (64-bit) (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)
Language: English (Ireland)
Browser: Firefox (15.0)
Dropping the concurrent connections to 2 worked for me as well.
VoodooKnight: Dropping the concurrent connections to 2 worked for me as well.
I will try that aswell ; however (for the programmers)

Well , i'm ok with improvements , but , if the cost , is this situation , which started more than 2 weeks ago ... i don't . And like i said earlier : for some people using the browser isn't acceptable for this..

My humble suggestions are :

1 - allowing the use of the previous working version , when a new one is coming. (if it's possible)
2 - don't force the download of the new version if a download are still pending / in progress
(kinda works with the previous idea)
3 - put a button in the interface for getting the log , to avoid the need to search for it (not a problem for myself , but for some people it could be)

i perflectly understand those suggestions need again some extra code. But right now , when a new version is out (i don't speak of the beta versions) , we have no choice , and the point 2 is very bad for customer.
Post edited November 04, 2012 by DyNaer
Dropped the connections to 2, game downloading at same sluggish pace, will inform you if at least it works or drops the same cheksum error.

Nothing changed about my computer and internet connection. Your downloader updated and since it's update, doesn't work. Looks pretty simple from here.
Rivereyes: Dropped the connections to 2, game downloading at same sluggish pace, will inform you if at least it works or drops the same cheksum error.

Nothing changed about my computer and internet connection. Your downloader updated and since it's update, doesn't work. Looks pretty simple from here.
what about with one concurent connection ?

I got a slugglish d/l speed with some older version , i tried 1 concurrent connection , and it worked properly. i never let the d/l going to the end at this time ; "cz the d/l was going slower and slower with connection > 1. (so i can't say for the files corruption)

I don't guarrantee it will work , but worth the try.
Post edited November 04, 2012 by DyNaer
Nope, in fact turning it down to 1 made it EVEN slower. GoG.com is currently broken for me and a bunch of other users. 'Tis a sad sad day when you can't even trust GoG to function properly.