It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
My current version (3.2.14) lacks the ability to pause and cancel individual downloads.
mondo84: My current version (3.2.14) lacks the ability to pause and cancel individual downloads.
Right click on a game / bonus which you want to remove, and select "Remove from list".
It will cancel download and delete files associated to download.

Big_McLargeHuge: Hi guys, i remember seeing the Beta GOG downloader client and it looks different then the regular client. It looks like it has more features. Are there plans to bring this to the normal client, or will it stay a feature of the Beta client? Thanks.
Unfortunately, the beta version of GOG downloader is temporary suspended. We might resume releases of beta version, however it is too early to talk about now.

Szulak: According to log file:
Message: Access to the path 'F:\Games\GOG\retro_city_rampage\' is denied.

Does this path exists?
KhalidYousif: Ops... sorry forgot to plug in my external HDD...

But anyway... the download never finishes, it reaches about 80mb, then gets back to 60 and then get back to 30 and so on...

http://pastie.org/private/bi5uej7chysghnwiqeuw
Could you try to remove all files from yours application data located as below:

Windows 7/Vista - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com

And try to download a game again?

johnclay36: I tried yesterday to download CAESAR # after acouple of dropped lines it was complete but the file was corrupted . What gives ? This is my first attempt to purchase.
CeriCat: New download client updates have impacted on download reliability, this is the fix we're eagerly awaiting for the next 48 hours. Then maybe we'll riot in the streets outside the GOG.com offices if it's not resolved yet. ;-)

In all seriousness though there's a couple of minor bugs due to upgrades now floating around that GOG.com are working to resolve for us hopefully before the end of Tuesday their time.
Could you write what minor bugs you have? Log file would be welcome as well.
I have similar downloader's problem (the download never finishes)

Here's my downloader's log file
http://pastie.org/5136644

Note:
1. all files from application data (logger.log and quest_for_glory.bin) have been deleted prior to redownload.
2. the downloader version is 3.2.14d
3. verification succeeded for product .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
4. i have already submitted support request (ticket number VZLDYVZT)

Hopefully GOG can resolve the downloader bug soon. Thanks
Post edited October 30, 2012 by tswijaya
Big_McLargeHuge: Hi guys, i remember seeing the Beta GOG downloader client and it looks different then the regular client. It looks like it has more features. Are there plans to bring this to the normal client, or will it stay a feature of the Beta client? Thanks.
The Beta client included a push technology which gave the users a possibility to add items to the queue from a remote device. And of course this feature will be available in the standard client. Unfortunately no dates yet ;)
Okay I cleared the folder, same thing...

log

It struggled with the first file, then almost before completion it displayed checksum error and proceeded to the 2nd file, same thing happened, then crashed at the 3rd file...

Completely unusable :(

It was just running fine before the recent update.
KhalidYousif: Okay I cleared the folder, same thing...

log

It struggled with the first file, then almost before completion it displayed checksum error and proceeded to the 2nd file, same thing happened, then crashed at the 3rd file...

Could you try to lower a number of concurrent connections? Try to set 2 or 3 connections and download game again.
KhalidYousif: Okay I cleared the folder, same thing...

log

Szulak: Could you try to lower a number of concurrent connections? Try to set 2 or 3 connections and download game again.
Check the attached screenshot please.
Attachments:
I have downloader version 3.2.1.4.0 (it didnt work with previous version either)
OS language: czech
browser is firefox 15.0.1 (but gog.com doesnt work properly for me in any browser)

I have to often put manually "https://secure." before gog.com, otherwise web page will not open.

I cant download anything from gog with downloader or without. It was fine until sometime 18.10. I was able to download some parts from divinity 2 and then it stops and i couldnt download single byte since. I have tried difrent router, diferent dns, didnt help at all.

here is downloader log:

http://pastie.org/5139689
Post edited October 30, 2012 by alcado
Szulak: The new version of downloader will be released on the beginning of next week.
It's Wednesday and still no patch. :/
Szulak: The new version of downloader will be released on the beginning of next week.
farlark: It's Wednesday and still no patch. :/
Yeah, I'm pretty much waiting for that patch before I use the downloader for anything. Still I'm being patient and kudos to Szulak for being so vigilant on this board.
Every time I try opening the GOG downloader, it opens then automatically says it is unresponsive and prompts me to "Debug", "Close program", or "check for solution and close programs"
My download of Baldur's Gate II is stoped at 2.4 of 2.7 gigs.

3.2.14.0 Downloader
Windows 7 for a laptop
English
I can not seem to find the downloader folder but the files on my downloader list are the windows installer and the map and portraits files.
Akumii: My download of Baldur's Gate II is stoped at 2.4 of 2.7 gigs.

3.2.14.0 Downloader
Windows 7 for a laptop
English
I can not seem to find the downloader folder but the files on my downloader list are the windows installer and the map and portraits files.
Yesterday my downloads stopped, twice...and I'm using the same downloader version. Oddly, when I closed the GOG downloader program and then reopened it, both times the games were done downloading as soon as the program opened, and the files were verified as complete and installed fine...so i'm guessing that they had actually already finished, but the program itself was not showing that. Could be the same case for you? If you can find the download folder you can check the files.
ghostbuster95: Every time I try opening the GOG downloader, it opens then automatically says it is unresponsive and prompts me to "Debug", "Close program", or "check for solution and close programs"
Clean all files from your application data:
Windows 7/Vista - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com
and start downloading game again.

farlark: It's Wednesday and still no patch. :/
Unfortunately, we must fix some several issue. We would like to say sorry for any inconvenience.
Ok, I am running xp and using the most recent Gog.com downloader (the one I was prompted to download)

It will not even open. It immediately gives me an error message that prompts if i want to send a report to Microsoft (standard something screwed up and we wont be helpful error). It has never worked so far and on top of that the message happens the second I try and run the program.

Any advice would be appreciated