It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Tried that, but before doing anything else, it tells me that there is not enough space on the disk... I have 8Go of free disk space, that should be enough (as he didn't complained when I first added to the download queue).
sebarnolds: Tried that, but before doing anything else, it tells me that there is not enough space on the disk... I have 8Go of free disk space, that should be enough (as he didn't complained when I first added to the download queue).
The free disk space is an unfortunate side effect of the merging, since the downloader requires two times the size of the game (one for the chunks, one for the merged files) for it to download. You currently already have the chunks, but the downloader probably can't see them until it verifies you have the space available. Only suggestion I have would be to free some space by temporarily moving some files to another disk, since I'm not sure if you can merge the files by hand (possible, but not 100% sure about it).
This seems like another good reason to ask for a "Force re-check" option for the downloader...
Thanks for the quick answers but I only have a 150Go here at work and no additional disk. Couldn't the downloader merge one file at the time and therefore only need 1 or 2 additional Go ?

In my case, if there isn't an update to the installer, I suspect I would have to delete all the files and re-download everything...
sebarnolds: Couldn't the downloader merge one file at the time and therefore only need 1 or 2 additional Go ?
Can't really say about this, though it is a possible suggestion for Fallen_Zen and the rest of the team to take under consideration. As to redownloading everything, if you have no problem with bandwith, that is always a possibility.
@Zen Is there a place to send feature requests for the downloader, or do we just post them here?
sebarnolds: Thanks for the quick answers but I only have a 150Go here at work and no additional disk. Couldn't the downloader merge one file at the time and therefore only need 1 or 2 additional Go ?

In my case, if there isn't an update to the installer, I suspect I would have to delete all the files and re-download everything...
There's always space for improvements and we have many great features planned for the Downloader but for now it will merge everything only upon finishing the download.
JMich: @Zen Is there a place to send feature requests for the downloader, or do we just post them here?
There's a "Help us improve GOG.com" section on the bottom right corner where you can suggest features to the Downloader. You can of course post them here, that's no problem for us.
predcon: I'm still receiving 'Connection error, please try again later!" for just about everything I try to download (which, for the moment, is just The Witcher's combined bonus content pack). Only about every other time does the Downloader WER crash while processing the download requests (i.e. while some or all items say 'Preparing...") The most common error messages in the logger say:

"Message: The operation has timed out
UNHANDLED ERROR!
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Also, why must I download all of the bonus content items at once (in GOG Downloader Mode)? What happened to being able to pick and choose?
Please send me your logger file, I'll look into it. I can suggest clearing the contents of the logger file folder once you send it.
Post edited July 06, 2012 by Fallen_Zen
Fallen_Zen: There's a "Help us improve GOG.com" section on the bottom right corner where you can suggest features to the Downloader. You can of course post them here, that's no problem for us.
While I know (and occasionaly use) the Wishlist, I fear that any downloader features would be lost if posted there, thus asking if there was a place for those. Anyway, my 2 wishes for the downloader are 1) a way to mass queue games (backing up a library is currently a pain) and 2) a way to recheck the files. The "# Game(s) Updated" does help with knowing if there is something new to download, but I do like to re-check the backups, and currently I have to calculate the hashes myself.
Not sure if these features are planned or not, and I'm not sure if I've asked for those before. No worries though, and thank you for the work on the downloader.
Fallen_Zen: There's always space for improvements and we have many great features planned for the Downloader but for now it will merge everything only upon finishing the download.
Yes but as the setup is split in 1-2Go files, it shouldn't require twice the space: it could download everything, merge the first file, delete the chunks once done, merge the second file, delete the chunks... Am I wrong ?

The integrity verification is done before merging so it would be possible, right ?
Fallen_Zen: Please send me your logger file, I'll look into it. I can suggest clearing the contents of the logger file folder once you send it.
I'll clean it, run the downloader until it comes across the same error, and then send it. Less for you to sift through, that way.
Hi

I.m having major difficulties with all versions of your downloader. It first of all keeps on stalling and not allowing me to download my games, then when it decides to do something the pause/resume function does not work.
Now it has logged itself out and when trying to log back in it doesn't want to saying either my e-mail or password is wrong which it isn't, tried to log in 10 times now.

Please can someone help.

I'm running
Windows 7 64bit OS
Version of downloader = 3.0.51.0b
Bloodygoodgames: Anyway, thanks for the help, J. :) As long as I can get the game downloaded, I don't really care how I do it :LOL
JMich: Glad you got it working, though I'm sure Fallen_Zen will be interested in troubleshooting the errors of the downloader.
Should you care for one more suggestion, the speed problem is usually due to the antivirus restricting the downloader's access, usually found with Avira and Avast, though other antivirus software may also restrict it. I know I can cap my line (both residential and work one) with the downloader, so it's definately not the downloader's fault, but it may also be your ISP's.
Anyway, if the %localdata%\GOG.com\logger.log file is still available, keep it handy for a while, in case Fallen_Zen is interested in it.
Enjoy your games, and I hope another version of the downloader will work better for you :)
I love you man :-)
You just solved all my problems. I posted about the Downloader being ridiculously slow for me and sure enough, I have Avira running. Added edgecastcdn.net to the whitelist and now I downloaded the second half of Arcanum within 5 minutes (the first half took me about two weeks ;-) )
ytsejam91: Hello everybody, as others here I have this problem:

I start the downloader (it doesn't matter if it is the stable or the beta relase, and it doesn't matter if the downloader has any content paused or not) and start downloading something; after a while (seems random, can be 2 hours or 15 minutes) the program pauses the download and does not give the possibility to resume ("resume all" and "pause all" buttons both grayed out, but the program is still responding, as I can open the settings window, open dowloading folders etc.), the only fix is exiting and reopening the downloader, wich proceeds dowloading until the next hang.
System: Windows 7 64 bit, italian.
Downloader: 3.1.2b
Thanks in advance for the attention.
(sorry for the odd english, I'm not native)
Same here, though I'm using 3.0.51.0
The installer said it was 3.0.51b but in the settings window it says 3.0.51.0 (stable) instead
I downloaded the Witcher. I skipped the second time it tried to do the integrity check and it installed. I tried it for a little while and the game works. The problem is I cannot remove the game from the downloader. It has an verify error near the end and it never stops checking. Why can't I remove it like on the old downloader which I never had trouble with. Also despite what you say unless many of us had a mass hallucination, it did let us pick and chose what we wanted to download on the extras. Please tell me how to get the Witcher off of my downloader.
thebes: I downloaded the Witcher. I skipped the second time it tried to do the integrity check and it installed. I tried it for a little while and the game works. The problem is I cannot remove the game from the downloader. It has an verify error near the end and it never stops checking. Why can't I remove it like on the old downloader which I never had trouble with. Also despite what you say unless many of us had a mass hallucination, it did let us pick and chose what we wanted to download on the extras. Please tell me how to get the Witcher off of my downloader.
To remove it, there are 2 options. Option 1) Pause all, then right click and remove item from list. Option 2) Go to %localappdata%\GOG.com and delete any .bin files (which would probably remove and the rest of the items in the downloader).
Also, which version of the downloader allowed you to add individual bonus items to the queue? Because the 0.9.x downloader didn't have the option for bonus content, and the 3.x stable one added them all (haven't used the beta, can't say anything about it). On the other hand, you can add them individually through the use of gogdownloader://game/### (see here).
Hello!
Are there any plans to introduce a "shutdown when downloads finish" option?
I like to download and upload things when i go to sleep and automaticall shut down my pc when it´s done :P
thebes: I downloaded the Witcher. I skipped the second time it tried to do the integrity check and it installed. I tried it for a little while and the game works. The problem is I cannot remove the game from the downloader. It has an verify error near the end and it never stops checking. Why can't I remove it like on the old downloader which I never had trouble with. Also despite what you say unless many of us had a mass hallucination, it did let us pick and chose what we wanted to download on the extras. Please tell me how to get the Witcher off of my downloader.
JMich: To remove it, there are 2 options. Option 1) Pause all, then right click and remove item from list. Option 2) Go to %localappdata%\GOG.com and delete any .bin files (which would probably remove and the rest of the items in the downloader).
Also, which version of the downloader allowed you to add individual bonus items to the queue? Because the 0.9.x downloader didn't have the option for bonus content, and the 3.x stable one added them all (haven't used the beta, can't say anything about it). On the other hand, you can add them individually through the use of gogdownloader://game/### (see here).
Ok. I went back to it and now it's not on the downloader. So I have the game on my computer but I guess with a corrupted file. Think I will stick to smaller games. Short on time to mess with it now.