It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Hello. I'm having some trouble with the downloader and at the request of a GOG team member I am posting the problem here.

As you can see in the screenshot, the game (Assassin's Creed) is listed as 6.3GB, however in the downloader itself it is shown as 4.31GB. But you'll also notice that 6.27GB have been downloaded. I'm not sure why it shows these particular numbers.

The downloader has been stuck like this for several hours at least, and I can't tell if the download is complete or not. Since "Pause All" is still active, it seems to still be downloading, and if the file is really 6.3GB, then it seems to have a bit more left to download...but it's stuck.

I should also add that a day or two before this particular download session, I tried downloading it and received an error that the download could not even start.

Thanks.
Attachments:
capture.png (94 Kb)
JohnJSal: Hello. I'm having some trouble with the downloader and at the request of a GOG team member I am posting the problem here.

As you can see in the screenshot, the game (Assassin's Creed) is listed as 6.3GB, however in the downloader itself it is shown as 4.31GB. But you'll also notice that 6.27GB have been downloaded. I'm not sure why it shows these particular numbers.

The downloader has been stuck like this for several hours at least, and I can't tell if the download is complete or not. Since "Pause All" is still active, it seems to still be downloading, and if the file is really 6.3GB, then it seems to have a bit more left to download...but it's stuck.

I should also add that a day or two before this particular download session, I tried downloading it and received an error that the download could not even start.

Thanks.
Please close the Downloader completely, go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com (folder AppData may be hidden) and remove the contents of that folder. Re-open the Downloader and add the game to the queue again, this should resolve the problem.
JohnJSal: Hello. I'm having some trouble with the downloader and at the request of a GOG team member I am posting the problem here.

Thanks.
Fallen_Zen: Please close the Downloader completely, go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com (folder AppData may be hidden) and remove the contents of that folder. Re-open the Downloader and add the game to the queue again, this should resolve the problem.
Actually, I already tried again by deleting the GOG download folder in "My Documents" and it seems to have fully downloaded this time. Should I still clear the AppData folder and try again, in case there is still an issue?
JohnJSal: Actually, I already tried again by deleting the GOG download folder in "My Documents" and it seems to have fully downloaded this time. Should I still clear the AppData folder and try again, in case there is still an issue?
There was no need to download anything again, but I'm glad it helped. You may still remove the cache folder anyway, it should re-create itself.
wormholewizards: 1. I'm using Stable version.
2. The problem exist on the latest Opera 12. On Comodo Dragon and Chrome they're responsive, no such problem.
Do you have any extensions installed? And does the same happen with game download or is it specific to bonus content?
wormholewizards: 1. I'm using Stable version.
2. The problem exist on the latest Opera 12. On Comodo Dragon and Chrome they're responsive, no such problem.
litek: Do you have any extensions installed? And does the same happen with game download or is it specific to bonus content?
I only have WoT and Opera Ad-Blocker installed. Games installer response just fine like usual, it's just the bonus content maybe because they come in a bunch. To be specific, it's unresponsive when there are other items queuing on the downloader.
wormholewizards: I only have WoT and Opera Ad-Blocker installed. Games installer response just fine like usual, it's just the bonus content maybe because they come in a bunch. To be specific, it's unresponsive when there are other items queuing on the downloader.
We're investigating the issue. For now you can try clicking the button in a place where there is no text. Seems to do the trick for me.
Hi, I have Windows 7 x64 and I've tried to use the GoG down.loader on Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and IE. In all of the, when I click on the link with GoG downloader mode on, nothing happens. I've tried making sure it was set in the options -> applications tab correctly on FF and it is. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the downloader and Adobe AIr. Any other suggestions? Just turning off downloader mode and downloading normally does work.
Relnac: Hi, I have Windows 7 x64 and I've tried to use the GoG down.loader on Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and IE. In all of the, when I click on the link with GoG downloader mode on, nothing happens. I've tried making sure it was set in the options -> applications tab correctly on FF and it is. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the downloader and Adobe AIr. Any other suggestions? Just turning off downloader mode and downloading normally does work.
The Downloader does not require Adobe Air, which version number do you have? If you're using 3.0.51b (Stable), make sure this is set to off: https://secure.gog.com/en/account/beta.
Fallen_Zen: [
The Downloader does not require Adobe Air, which version number do you have? If you're using 3.0.51b (Stable), make sure this is set to off: https://secure.gog.com/en/account/beta.
That was it Thanks!
wormholewizards: I only have WoT and Opera Ad-Blocker installed. Games installer response just fine like usual, it's just the bonus content maybe because they come in a bunch. To be specific, it's unresponsive when there are other items queuing on the downloader.
I'm having similar problems.
But in my case all the downloader links have this problem. Sometimes they work, but most clicks on the buttons don't result in a response.
If I keep clicking, at some point the download gets started. (1 - 33 tries so far)
It doesn't matter if the downloader software is already running or not. Opera just doesn't send a request most of the times. Also, no errors in its error log, concerning the downloader buttons.

Win7 x64 and Opera 12.00 (32 and 64-bit) with both the latest stable and beta Downloader.
I suspect it to be an Opera bug, they did change some engines with v12.
Maybe something with the way the links to the download are handled?
Post edited June 20, 2012 by Julla
Hello.
JMich Says i should post here with this problem:

Started to download The Witcher 2 with the downloader couple of days ago, i Noticed it had stopped downloading and download rate shows 0.0 kb/s. i restarted the downloader and it started up on full speed again. and after a while, about half an hour it stopped again. Tried this a couple of times, but always stops,
Any idea why?
Im on Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

And my log can be downloaded here: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-1b4dce5c.html

Other Thread can be found here: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/gog_downloader_stops_downloading_after_a_while

Thanks for your time!
Cyclops25: Hello.
JMich Says i should post here with this problem:

Started to download The Witcher 2 with the downloader couple of days ago, i Noticed it had stopped downloading and download rate shows 0.0 kb/s. i restarted the downloader and it started up on full speed again. and after a while, about half an hour it stopped again. Tried this a couple of times, but always stops,
Any idea why?
Im on Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

And my log can be downloaded here: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-1b4dce5c.html

Other Thread can be found here: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/gog_downloader_stops_downloading_after_a_while

Thanks for your time!
Can you contact me via PM and supply your e-mail address? I'll send you a test build which should resolve the above problem.
I can just say i follow all on this page about the beta setting when start to download it's also start, but it's make lot of files. After downloading finish it have to verified all the bin file.
Pt's come to say verification canceled try to run the installer or contact GOG.com
integrity when run the installer say OK but the install will be on corrupted bin files.
How can it be corrupted when the game is buy from GOG.com?
And what time GOG make fix for the big bug in the other GOG downloader?
dragonage3012
dragonage3012: I can just say i follow all on this page about the beta setting when start to download it's also start, but it's make lot of files. After downloading finish it have to verified all the bin file.
Pt's come to say verification canceled try to run the installer or contact GOG.com
integrity when run the installer say OK but the install will be on corrupted bin files.
How can it be corrupted when the game is buy from GOG.com?
And what time GOG make fix for the big bug in the other GOG downloader?
dragonage3012
The downloader will download the files in chunks of 10MB, so if any fails, only 10MB have to be redownloaded.
If downloader says integrity failed, but setup passes the integrity check, the files are ok.
Corruption may occur in quite a few places, thus the integrity check.
What big bug in which GOG downloader? Version 0.9.x is discontinued.