It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
madbim: EDIT: it just dawned upon me after I posted this, 15+9=24. is that what I think it is? that I need twice the download size free? I mean, it's perfectly fine, but being able to start the download regardless, as well as deleting all the downloaded chunks in merging process no matter what, is nasty. serious problem
Yes, current downloader will download all the 10 MB chunks, then it will merge them all, then it will verify the files, and should any fail the integrity check, it will redownload them. So to download a 5 GB game, you need 5GB for the chunks, and 5GB for the merged one. Especially for The Witcher 2, it might be better in your case to set the download to another hard disk with more space, download it via the web, or see if any of the unofficial downloaders work.
madbim: I love GOG.com and all, but labeling 3.0 downloader as 'stable' has gotta be one of your worst decisions ever. so basically I tried downloading Witcher 2 EE twice and all of them failed because after merging what's left is 9gb-ish files instead of 15gb total, with some complete, some incomplete .bin files inside. In my first attempt, the downloader also failed to recognize 24gb left in my hdd and throws 'not enough space' at me. I had to restart my laptop to start the download. while my internet is not capped, it's not super fast either, so I wasted hours trying to download 30gb of nothing. I'm done using the downloader for now. how do I send you log files?

downloader 3.0.40.0
win 7 home premium 32-bit SP1
english
firefox 12.0

EDIT: it just dawned upon me after I posted this, 15+9=24. is that what I think it is? that I need twice the download size free? I mean, it's perfectly fine, but being able to start the download regardless, as well as deleting all the downloaded chunks in merging process no matter what, is nasty. serious problem
Sorry for the problems you're having with the Downloader. We're constantly trying to make it better.

Also Jmich is right, Downloader requires double the size on the disk (just for the purpose of the download). When finished, chunks are removed automatically.

Please send your log file to me, details in PM. Thank you!
Post edited May 21, 2012 by Fallen_Zen
thanks for all the responses, I hope everything gets better. I suggest an explicit message for the twice download size requirement, a safeguard function in case out of space during merge, and ability to detect and start from partial downloads (ex. downloaded half from other computer and continue on another).
Another feature suggestion, if it's not too hard to implement - how about an option to limit the download speed? The Torchlight 2 beta client downloader/updater had that, and I thought it was pretty cool for those of us on slower connections who might want to download and browse at the same time.

And an option to shut down the system after the download completes would be just gravy (IIRC getright has that.)

Of course chances are only about 0.01% of the userbase would ever use either one of those features...
I have Chrome (and I tried IE) on Windows 7 64bit and when I click the download buttons on the web page, nothing happens. I never get prompted to use the downloader. What could be the problem?
jdarnold: I have Chrome (and I tried IE) on Windows 7 64bit and when I click the download buttons on the web page, nothing happens. I never get prompted to use the downloader. What could be the problem?
How about providing this information first ;)

1. Downloader version (found under settings)
2. OS version
3. OS language
4. Browser kind and version (this is required only if you're having problems when adding games to the queue from the website)
5. Downloader log contents if possible:
Windows 7/Vista - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com
6. A detailed description of the problem.

Have you used Safari or Firefox?
Hi.

I've read in the Alan Wake forum that the installer had been updated to included a language selection utility. If that's the case, shouldn't I receive a notification in the downloader and/or on my account page ?

Thanks.
sebarnolds: Hi.

I've read in the Alan Wake forum that the installer had been updated to included a language selection utility. If that's the case, shouldn't I receive a notification in the downloader and/or on my account page ?

Thanks.
Update notifications are still work in progress - we're currently testing them internally and we hope to release them together with a a proper implementation for our universal-game-patches-system soon™ (that's actually soon if we don't encounter any big issues)
Post edited May 24, 2012 by Destro
Ok, thanks.

It would be fine to write a recap' somewhere as more recent games may have been patched (such as Alan Wake) without us knowing it.
The GOG.com downloader works perfectly on my Win7, but it only lacks one critical option, a download speed limit; since it's impossible to play online games while downloading something with the GOG downloader. It would be great to limit the download to, maybe 80% of my internet speed so I can still play while I'm downloading the new game.
Has to be the SLOWEST downloader I've ever used. Currently taking 3 hours to download a file that's only 480MBs and last night it took me all night to download one 880 MB file.

Silly me. I thought the GOG downloader would be faster than Down Them All. Not even close :( Plan on deleting it as soon as my latest game has finished downloading and go back to DTA.

Love GOG but your downloaders have never worked well for me.
Post edited May 27, 2012 by Bloodygoodgames
Bloodygoodgames: Has to be the SLOWEST downloader I've ever used. Currently taking 3 hours to download a file that's only 480MBs and last night it took me all night to download one 880 MB file.
Out of curiosity, what's the average transfer rate you're getting when using GOG.com Downloader vs GOG.com website? Basically there's zero difference between these two in terms of download method, so if the Downloader is slower for you than the website, it might be a too big number of concurrent connections in Downloader's options that's killing your network...

If it's something else, we'd love to figure it out, so it would be great if you could post your Downloader log (see the first post) to pastebin for example, so we can investigate further.
Bloodygoodgames: Has to be the SLOWEST downloader I've ever used.
Take a look here as well, it might be your antivirus that is messing with the downloader. As Destro said, each concurrent connection is basically an http (or wget, or equivalent) connection to the website, so it should download at least as fast as your browser.
Edit: damn brackets, miss one, mess the whole post.
Post edited May 27, 2012 by JMich
Bloodygoodgames: Has to be the SLOWEST downloader I've ever used. Currently taking 3 hours to download a file that's only 480MBs and last night it took me all night to download one 880 MB file.

Silly me. I thought the GOG downloader would be faster than Down Them All. Not even close :( Plan on deleting it as soon as my latest game has finished downloading and go back to DTA.

What I can also suggest now is to check if any firewall or antivirus software doesn't block it or edgecastcdn.net domain.

Fallen_Zen: What I can also suggest now is to check if any firewall or antivirus software doesn't block it or edgecastcdn.net domain.
I always dismantle my anti-virus program when I download anything as, yes, it can definitely hinder. Then I just run it when the file is downloaded. I also turn my firewall off, so I know it can't be those two things.

I did just add edgecastcdn.net to my blocked sites, so if that has anything to do with it I'll know next time. Thanks for the info :)

Weirdly, though, I did just discover this today. On another download thru the GOG downloader, I connected thru my usual ISP and then activated a VPN I sometimes use, so that my IP address looks like it is in the UK. Immediately, my download speed more than doubled, from only 45KBs to 120KBs and it stayed like that all the time I was connected to the VPN. As soon as I disconnected, back to 42-45.

Any ideas??