It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
JMich: Out of curiosity for helping the next one with this error, care to tell us what the download location was? I'd guess the root folder, but I'm not certain.
It was set to E:\Users\(Username)\Documents\GOG.com Downloads before, and I've got it working now under E:\Games\GOG.
Hello.

I just installed the latest stable version of the download and I have a few questions:
- How does it keep track of updates ? Do I have to leave all my games in the directory it used for it to work ? Do I have to keep my games in the GOG Downloaded when the download is finished for it to work ?
- Is there any recommended way to keep my games up-to-date with the Downloaded when I download them from my work computer and then copy them on a external drive ?

Thank you forward,
Seb
sebarnolds: Hello.

I just installed the latest stable version of the download and I have a few questions:
- How does it keep track of updates ? Do I have to leave all my games in the directory it used for it to work ? Do I have to keep my games in the GOG Downloaded when the download is finished for it to work ?
- Is there any recommended way to keep my games up-to-date with the Downloaded when I download them from my work computer and then copy them on a external drive ?

Thank you forward,
Seb
No, you don't have to keep any installers on the drive for it to work.
Ok, thanks for the answer.

I assume it is an automated message you "send" to all the people who own the game then ?

Some manual/doc about how these features work with the downloader would be nice.
I got an error. D: But I fixed it. :D

On Vista, and I launched several downloads from the Account>Games list before opening the downloader. That seemed to overload it and it crashed, which left a download open but not open. Think of it like a download that is starting but not actually starting, just sitting there saying hi. That then caused the program to crash with a "Variable too large" or some such error, fortunately I could remove the ghost download from the list which then stopped it crashing.

I assume it's best to open one download at a time rather than ten?
sebarnolds: Ok, thanks for the answer.

I assume it is an automated message you "send" to all the people who own the game then ?

Some manual/doc about how these features work with the downloader would be nice.
I can't answer the update question, but the downloader just downloads archive files or packaged install files. So .zip or .exe. The zips you just open up, extract the contents and get down to listening to your favourite soundtrack (if available) or looking at the pretty wallpapers. With the .exe files, you double click, hit next a few times and then play the game.

Actually, think of it like a torrent program. It downloads the files, you play with them, absolutely no need to keep the files in the same folder. Or even on the computer once you've installed the game. As to backing up, do so however you please. :D Burn to a CD/DVD, copy to a portable hdd, pull out a tape drive, grab a floppy if you've still got a drive for it, put it on a USB stick. Do whatever you like with them really.
Post edited May 09, 2012 by FraggingBard
FraggingBard: I got an error. D: But I fixed it. :D

On Vista, and I launched several downloads from the Account>Games list before opening the downloader. That seemed to overload it and it crashed, which left a download open but not open. Think of it like a download that is starting but not actually starting, just sitting there saying hi. That then caused the program to crash with a "Variable too large" or some such error, fortunately I could remove the ghost download from the list which then stopped it crashing.

I assume it's best to open one download at a time rather than ten?
It would be best to provide all the details mentioned in the blue post which is sticked here at the top :)
The log file will tell me more.
FraggingBard: snip
Fallen_Zen: It would be best to provide all the details mentioned in the blue post which is sticked here at the top :)
The log file will tell me more.
My bad, I read the OP too. Just completely ignored it. :P
Can't attach via post, and support has the same image-only limitation, so here's a Pastebin of the log.

http://pastebin.com/d48nRmQg

Downloader version: 3.0.40.0 (stable)

OS version: Vista Home Premium

OS language: English main with Russian enabled (Causes a surprising amount of problems, didn't switch between languages while I was starting/running the Downloader though so it shouldn't have done so here)

Description of problem: Added several downloads to the list before opening Downloader, the Downloader opened, added a download, froze, crashed, then opened again. Downloaded everything except for a "ghost" activation, a download which was added to the list but never started or collected the information. So for instance, if the download was Ground Control, the download for the bonus content never got to the point where it had a download for the manual and another for the avatars, just asking for details.

That ghost download then stayed in the Downloader and kept crashing, giving a "X.Too.Large" error, forget what X is. As soon as I hit "OK" on the error box the program crashed. Fortunately the Downloader stayed open and running while this error was up so I was able to remove the ghost download from the list and then restart the Downloader and it's worked fine since then.
FraggingBard: My bad, I read the OP too. Just completely ignored it. :P
Can't attach via post, and support has the same image-only limitation, so here's a Pastebin of the log.

http://pastebin.com/d48nRmQg

Downloader version: 3.0.40.0 (stable)

OS version: Vista Home Premium

OS language: English main with Russian enabled (Causes a surprising amount of problems, didn't switch between languages while I was starting/running the Downloader though so it shouldn't have done so here)

Description of problem: Added several downloads to the list before opening Downloader, the Downloader opened, added a download, froze, crashed, then opened again. Downloaded everything except for a "ghost" activation, a download which was added to the list but never started or collected the information. So for instance, if the download was Ground Control, the download for the bonus content never got to the point where it had a download for the manual and another for the avatars, just asking for details.

That ghost download then stayed in the Downloader and kept crashing, giving a "X.Too.Large" error, forget what X is. As soon as I hit "OK" on the error box the program crashed. Fortunately the Downloader stayed open and running while this error was up so I was able to remove the ghost download from the list and then restart the Downloader and it's worked fine since then.
But the log you've pasted is from version 0.9 :) Look for a file named logger.log.
Post edited May 10, 2012 by Fallen_Zen
FraggingBard: snip
Fallen_Zen: But the log you've pasted is from version 0.9 :) Look for a file named logger.log.
Whoops. Went for the obvious one without checking, not quite as good at multitasking as I thought. lol

The log is 784kb and Pastebin maxes out at 500kb so it's split into two parts.
Here's Pt1 http://pastebin.com/qnyxag7b
And here's Pt2 http://pastebin.com/anxkrbyG

I seem to have opened multiple Downloaders and triggered a buffer overflow. Maybe
FraggingBard: Whoops. Went for the obvious one without checking, not quite as good at multitasking as I thought. lol

The log is 784kb and Pastebin maxes out at 500kb so it's split into two parts.
Here's Pt1 http://pastebin.com/qnyxag7b
And here's Pt2 http://pastebin.com/anxkrbyG

I seem to have opened multiple Downloaders and triggered a buffer overflow. Maybe
Ok, thanks. I'll take a look at it.
To anyone with a speed problem with the Downloader 3.0.25 and above, please check this solution: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/download_speed_with_downloader_is_horribly_slow/post4
Post edited May 10, 2012 by Fallen_Zen
Disregard, solution found.
Post edited May 10, 2012 by Vinraith
I cannot get the new downloader to work... GRRRRRRR Just bought Alan Wake and all I get is the "There was an error, post your logger file".

Apt error description. Login is fine, just no games can download, it crashes out.

http://pastebin.com/ZxaEkDSU

Log.

I held off on the Steam deal to get it on GOG cause I like GOG,... but this is 100% frustrating. Tried "Stable" and Beta. Uninstalled, restarts... nothing. I use Google Chrome, tried with Internet Explorer, same results.

Edit: Appears to be JUST Alan Wake....
Post edited May 11, 2012 by TheKbob
TheKbob: Edit: Appears to be JUST Alan Wake....
Take a look a few posts back, seems like you have to change the download location, or at least that worked for Gerwich
TheKbob: Edit: Appears to be JUST Alan Wake....
JMich: Take a look a few posts back, seems like you have to change the download location, or at least that worked for Gerwich
Nope, didn't help. I can download any other game in my account except Alan Wake.