It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Diceman65: so far it happens on both the browsers i use.(chrome & firefox). And it just launches the tabs.
JMich: My guess is that the gogdownloader:// protocol is set incorrectly to open in the browser page, thus creating a loop. Take a look here to see if the protocol is properly set.
just wanted to follow up and thank you for the help. Turns out it was a browser setting issue. got it fixed and everything downloads normally again. Thanks again.
So is the GOG Downloader going to be abandoned once Galaxy comes out? Would be a shame if it was.
Crosmando: So is the GOG Downloader going to be abandoned once Galaxy comes out? Would be a shame if it was.
If Galaxy enables you to download the installers, the same way the GOG downloader does, then it wouldn't be a problem. However, yeah, gotta wait to find out if this will be a viable function at all.
When I try to download Brutal Legend through the downloader, I get a message: "Checksum error on Chunk 0. Please contact support". What's that mean?
Morty90: "Checksum error on Chunk 0. Please contact support". What's that mean?
Short answer, probably a server side error, try again in a couple of hours.

Longer answer. The downloader gets the files in chunks of up to 10MB each. Once a chunk is downloaded, its hash is checked against an xml file on GOG's servers. If the chunk's hash matches the one in the xml, the downloader marks said chunk as complete, and continues to the next ones. If the hash is different, the downloader assumes the chunk to be corrupt, and downloads it again (up to 10 times). If after 10 times it still hasn't gotten a correct hash, it assumes there's a server side error, and tells you to contact support.

Chunk 0 is the very first one, so you may be able to bypass it by downloading the .exe file through the web (2MB?), dropping it in the folder the downloader downloads the files, and see if that works.
Hello! I was just told by a Customer Service Rep that:

In log you are trying to download installer version 2.1.0.22 when new version is available since 18th July as I remember.

I am only seeing version: 1.2 from October 29, 2013 at 2:05 AM available on the website at the following link:
static.gog.com/download/d3/mac-stable/GOG_Downloader_1.2_512.zip

Is there a link to the newest version of the mac client? My version is still borked and now amount of:
1. Redownloading the client and putting it in the Applications folder
2. Removing ~/Library/Preferences/com.gog.downloader.plist
3. Removing ~/Library/Logs/GOGlog.log
Helps.

My copy of Divinity: Original Sin is still stuck in limbo.
Hello,

Does the GOG downloader continue downloading if left on overnight? because mine seems to have paused and continued once i checked in the morning
hardingt: In log you are trying to download installer version 2.1.0.22 when new version is available since 18th July as I remember.

I am only seeing version: 1.2 from October 29, 2013 at 2:05 AM available on the website at the following link:
I think by installer version they mean the D:OS installer, not the downloader one. Remove D:OS from the download list, then add it again and see if that helps.
zone_ghost: Does the GOG downloader continue downloading if left on overnight?
It should. There is a possibility that it has encountered a problematic chunk and after 10 failed attempts it paused, but I can't recall if it would continue on the rest of the items or not. But I have left it overnight quite often, and it does download as it should.
Post edited July 24, 2014 by JMich
hardingt: In log you are trying to download installer version 2.1.0.22 when new version is available since 18th July as I remember.

JMich: I think by installer version they mean the D:OS installer, not the downloader one. Remove D:OS from the download list, then add it again and see if that helps.
zone_ghost: Does the GOG downloader continue downloading if left on overnight?
JMich: It should. There is a possibility that it has encountered a problematic chunk and after 10 failed attempts it paused, but I can't recall if it would continue on the rest of the items or not. But I have left it overnight quite often, and it does download as it should.
Thanks for the response. I cannot remove it however. The program freezes on startup every time. I've removed the files the CSR asked and D:OS still shows up and the client freezes before I can take any action...
hardingt: Thanks for the response. I cannot remove it however. The program freezes on startup every time. I've removed the files the CSR asked and D:OS still shows up and the client freezes before I can take any action...
I've no experience with the downloader on Mac, so I'm not sure what files control the download list. Hopefully, Fallen_Zen should be able to give you an answer soon.
I guess this is as good place as any to ask about changes to the GOG API.

Could you please add a Linux installer node to API response. The current API response is really stupid and trying to get the relevant installers from the response requires hacky workarounds.
http://pastebin.com/vLvZG1ix
Currently DEB packages are under Mac installer node and TAR.GZ archives are in patch node.

edit: fixed
Post edited July 24, 2014 by Sude
Is GOG downloader compatible with W8.1? If so, should be run in the desktop mode or can it be run as an app?
Are there any plans to integrate Debian (Ubuntu / Mint) Linux downloads in the standard update process? This would be awesome, if you can pull it off -- and I think also a real competitive advantage over Steam Linux.

I do know that you have to protect your download locations and standard apt-get URLs won't work, but it could be done.

How?

You can release a linux version of your gog downloader which acts like an HTTP Proxy for apt-get. The user has to add a http-proxy for apt-get which points to [url=http://localhost:7777]http://localhost:7777[/url]/ where your gog downloader listens. The downloader passes through all requests except a special fake gog download url which just downloads from your standard file server.

For updating / installing the apt-gog-proxy for the /etc/apt/sources.list just provide a regular repository which should be a no-brainer and the configuration / authentication for the games itself is stored somewhere in the user profil.

Perhaps you contact the author of lgogdownloader for using parts of the lgogdownloader for this, this application has already ironed out most bugs.
Post edited July 26, 2014 by coffeecup
Waiting for GOG Downloader for Linux...
gog downloader not working on windows 7 is there any problem with the app?