It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Nobake: A bit of functionality that I just realized I would absolutely love:

The ability to designate a target directory on a remote server instead of the local computer. I have plenty of space on my NAS, but not on my pc. After I download the installers, I upload them to my NAS and remove them from my pc to save space. It would be very nice if the Downloader could save the installers directly to the NAS and have it scanned for updates, then just download individual installers to my pc as I need them.

Same goes for the upcoming Galaxy client.
GOG Downloader will be replaced by the Galaxy Client when it goes live. We're not planning to incorporate any new features into it. But that's even better! We plan a lot for the Galaxy Client ;)
Nobake: I have plenty of space on my NAS, but not on my pc.
I do recall there being trouble handling UNC paths, but a mapped network drive was acceptable. Not sure if UNC support has been added, but I think Szulak and Fallen_Zen are aware of that bug.
Fallen_Zen: GOG Downloader will be replaced by the Galaxy Client when it goes live. We're not planning to incorporate any new features into it. But that's even better! We plan a lot for the Galaxy Client ;)
Not sure if I should be excited or terrified. ;-P

Is there a timeline as to when it'll go live?
HypersomniacLive: Not sure if I should be excited or terrified. ;-P

Is there a timeline as to when it'll go live?
Excited only :). I can assure you it will be Legen... wait for it... dary ;)
No dates yet, but I can assure you we're working very hard on it.
JMich: I do recall there being trouble handling UNC paths, but a mapped network drive was acceptable. Not sure if UNC support has been added, but I think Szulak and Fallen_Zen are aware of that bug.
Yes, we're aware of that but currently we're extremely busy with the Galaxy so I cannot promise anything.
Post edited June 05, 2014 by Fallen_Zen
Fallen_Zen: Excited only :). I can assure you it will be Legen... wait for it... dary ;)
Yes, we're aware of that but currently we're extremely busy with the Galaxy so I cannot promise anything.
Out of curiosity, how many people are working on GOG Galaxy?

And one more question - Judas said that GOG Galaxy client and GOG Galaxy multiplayer are independent. Does this mean that we're talking about two separate interfaces? If not, how exactly will this work?
I just downloaded the latest version of the GOG.com downloader, but when I start it, I get the following screen (attached).

It seems to draw the borders, but the interface itself is blacked out and unusable. I've tried re-installing it, updating Adobe Air, but no luck. I have had issues with .NET framework apps in the past, perhaps this is related? Is there any way to view an error log to get a clue on what is happening, or has anyone seen this problem before?

Thank you for any help!
Attachments:
ArmoredCavalry: I've tried re-installing it, updating Adobe Air, but no luck. I have had issues with .NET framework apps in the past, perhaps this is related?
Current version of GOG Downloader does not use Adobe Air, but .NET 3.5 (I think). The downloader produces an error log in %localappdata%\GOG.com, but I'm not sure if there will be any usable information concerning this error.
ArmoredCavalry: I've tried re-installing it, updating Adobe Air, but no luck. I have had issues with .NET framework apps in the past, perhaps this is related?
JMich: Current version of GOG Downloader does not use Adobe Air, but .NET 3.5 (I think). The downloader produces an error log in %localappdata%\GOG.com, but I'm not sure if there will be any usable information concerning this error.
Thanks. I've tried removing/adding .NET 3.5.1 from windows features to "reinstall" it on Windows 7.

Now the gogdownloader app does not show the windows however, appears to just crash on startup.

When I check the log, I see the following exception -

"Inner exception: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Cannot create instance of 'TextBox' defined in assembly 'PresentationFramework, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'. Could not load file or assembly 'UIAutomationProvider, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. Error at object 'System.Windows.Controls.Grid' in markup file 'GOG.com Downloader;component/debugwindow.xaml'. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'UIAutomationProvider, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest."
I click to download game client on game page, but nothing didn't happen. I think download will added to my GOG download manager, but i dont get it. Can you guys help me?
remdyx: I click to download game client on game page, but nothing didn't happen. I think download will added to my GOG download manager, but i dont get it. Can you guys help me?
Look in your game shelf, do you have the GOG DOwnloader mode turned on or off?
Its on. Downloading with the browser its ok, but i want to download all game files together in manager.

Maybe my browser (Chrome) blocking popup window? I not sure
Post edited June 07, 2014 by remdyx
remdyx: Maybe my browser (Chrome) blocking popup window? I not sure
There's a known problem with Chrome and Windows 8, you can either try a different browser or you can copy the gogdownloader:// link and paste it in Explorer. If you are not on Windows 8, not sure what may be the problem :/
HypersomniacLive: Out of curiosity, how many people are working on GOG Galaxy?

And one more question - Judas said that GOG Galaxy client and GOG Galaxy multiplayer are independent. Does this mean that we're talking about two separate interfaces? If not, how exactly will this work?
Presumably the client is used like other clients, connecting to your GOG account for downloading games, social networking and other services they may provide through Galaxy, and the multiplayer component of Galaxy is a library API that games can optionally link to to provide multiplayer services in the game which uses the "Galaxy" name but is otherwise not connected to the Galaxy client services at the software level. This would mean that Galaxy multiplayer would be in a way like an alternative to Gamespy and similar platforms but presumably more consumer friendly, and that use of the Galaxy client would be orthagonal to using the multiplayer services.

If this is how it works, then people can download the games over http for example without ever needing the Galaxy client, and they can play multiplayer games that use GOG Galaxy equally without any requirement for having the client. Different services that share the same collective branding name.
Fallen_Zen: Excited only :). I can assure you it will be Legen... wait for it... dary ;)
Need a beta tester with nothing but time on his hands? ;oP
Post edited June 07, 2014 by skeletonbow
Hello,
I had the problem of links that do not work with the GOG downloader but I think it's because Google Chrome was outdated, after updating everything is back to normal then do not forget to go to "About Google Chrome" and do the update from there. (Working with Google Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m)

I hope I could help some people.
Post edited June 11, 2014 by Alterego1972
Alterego1972: Hello,
I had the problem of links that do not work with the GOG downloader but I think it's because Google Chrome was outdated, after updating everything is back to normal then do not forget to go to "About Google Chrome" and do the update from there. (Working with Google Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m)

I hope I could help some people.
I can confirm the latest Chrome update seems to have fixed the problem. The first time you click on the download Chrome will pop-up a box asking if you want to allow the remote operation. Of course you must select yes if you want the downloader to work. Nice they fixed it.