It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
High CPU usage

When I start up windows and my router is off, I always get high CPU usage values for the downloader (see attached screenshot).
I don't know what the downloader does as it is in the paused state. Maybe it looks for game updates.
After switching on the router, the CPU usage decreases.

GOG Dowloader 3.6.0.0
Windows 8.1
Attachments:
Post edited January 10, 2014 by Pip-Boy
The downloader doesn't do anything when I click to download stuff.

I have the latest version of the downloader 3.6.0 that I downloaded off the main download page. I have GoG downloader turned on my account. I'm logged in on both the downloader and my account. I've reinstalled and restarted as well.
Post edited January 11, 2014 by Nightoath
edit: ok it works

I didn't see that icon to enable the Gog links on the download page!

Seems stupid but i'm on gog for 1 year and never noticed -_-
Post edited January 11, 2014 by siegfriedrox
Hi everybody,

(EDIT4: Forget it! The reason for all of the following seems to be that I formatted my external hd with fat32 for some reason, and that format won't support files larger than 4*2°30 b, which is about 4.29 gb - or something like that. Well, I should have gotten suspicious earlier... but I'm obviously not that good with computers. Well, gog could include a warning to stoneagers like me for those big an nasty file downloads. ;) )

I'm currently trying to download a very large file (witcher enhanced ed, thats 9.5 gb or so), and it worked okay till I reached 4.29 gb: and now what happens is that about every 10 seconds, the downloader goes offline, then online again, increases in download speed, then goes offline again, and so on. This has been going on for an hour or so, and I think the download didn't even progress by 10 mb.
Limiting the traffic to 50k/s seems to help only insofar in that it now takes up to 30 secs for the downloader to go offline again.
I can pretty much preclude the possibility that this has something to do with my internet provider, since downloading the file in firefox seems to work (but since I already downloaded half of it using the gog downloader, I'm not very happy with the idea of having to start over again, especially since you never know if firefox at some point will decide to just cancel my download...)
Also, I disabled Antivirus and Firewall for the download
Any suggestions? Mac OS X 10.7.5 here, newest version of gog-downloader 1.2 (512).

I would also be happy if somebody could tell me if there is a way to quit the downloader without deleting the 4.29 gigs that I've already downloaded, so I can pick up the download at some later point.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The Firefox download stopped prematurely, and, what's interesting, it stopped at about 4.295 gb, just like the gog-downloader did. Probably it's a problem with the file I'm downloading, not with the downloader?
EDIT2: Now I've tried another language version of the game - still the same problem: gog-downloader stops at 4.29 gb. I'll try downloading via safari now.
EDIT3: Safari just "completed" its download - and now the file it downloaded has a size of (surprise!) 4.29 gb, and of course I can't open it as an image. Although, before I tried to open the file, safari showed its size as 9.8 gb.
Well, I guess it's not necessarily a gog-downloader issue; I will contact support about this.
Post edited January 12, 2014 by JohnDododo
Is there any issue known with Win 8.1 (Pro) with Atom Bay Trail?
(Or it's should not compatible?)

I installed Master of Orion 1+2 and Fallout 1+2 successfully. At least for F1+F2 I remember it has the compatibel Win8 Icon.

Sadly the games won't start.

I run the game with admin rights, it addtionally ask for dosbox.exe to have admin rights, which I gave.

It seems doxbox won't work.

Starting the doxbox from the gog file folder directly it opens the dos for a second and closed it.

Any advise?

I realy would like to see the sames running on that Atom ;)
Hello, downloader seems to be good idea as I want to have my collection saved offline.

For some reason, downloader mode seems to be much slower - normal download gives about 500-800kB per file, downloader gives just 70kB, sometimes dropped down to 25kB - this makes it unusable. Any tips regarding this?

EDIT: of course, no download speed limitation set in downloader or my router...
Post edited January 25, 2014 by nocturne.op.15
nocturne.op.15: Any tips regarding this?
Two suggestions to try.
1) Set concurrent connections to 1. That should normally download as fast as your browser, and increasing the connections should increase your speed. It is possible that increasing them too much will choke the connection, thus result in lower speeds.
2) See if your antivirus/firewall is throttling the downloader. Either whitelist it in the antivirus/firewall, or temporarily disable them to see if speed picks up. If it does, enable your security suite again, and post here what AV/Firewall you are using so we can give instructions for whitelisting.
Well, using download manager, speed goes up and down in random intervals. sometimes, it goes up to 2M - then drops down to 20kB. Using browser, stable speed around 2M is achievable in total on multiple files (so it looks like 2M limit per account shaping, no problem with this). Anytime when speed is so low, I can achieve full speed in browser

- I have no AV installed on any endpoint
- my line is capable of stable 60mbit downstream, 0% packet loss
- network infrastructure is sort of enterprise grade, no cheap crappy switches/wifiAP/router
- endpoint firewalls are default windows FW, no speed drop here
- primary router is fully capable routing up to 500mbit traffic, big overhead here
- no other traffic at the same moment (well, I have around 300kbits stable up/down traffic)
nocturne.op.15: Well, using download manager, speed goes up and down in random intervals. sometimes, it goes up to 2M - then drops down to 20kB.
The other option would be checking the logger.log file in %localappdata%\GOG.com directory, and see if any insight can be glimpsed from that. Normal operation should produce result similar to the following
11:15:02 πμ Downloading chunk setup_shadowrun_returns_2.0.0.3.exe.49 bytes range(513802240 - 524287999)
11:15:02 πμ Chunk byte ranges for chunk setup_shadowrun_returns_2.0.0.3.exe.49 correct
11:15:04 πμ Ended downloading chunk setup_shadowrun_returns_2.0.0.3.exe.46
11:15:05 πμ Valid checksum on chunk setup_shadowrun_returns_2.0.0.3.exe.46
11:15:05 πμ Instance_DownloadChunkEnded called. Chunks downloaded: (45 / 77).
11:15:05 πμ Downloading chunk setup_shadowrun_returns_2.0.0.3.exe.50 bytes range(524288000 - 534773759)
11:15:05 πμ Chunk byte ranges for chunk setup_shadowrun_returns_2.0.0.3.exe.50 correct
11:15:05 πμ Ended downloading chunk setup_shadowrun_returns_2.0.0.3.exe.44
11:15:06 πμ Valid checksum on chunk setup_shadowrun_returns_2.0.0.3.exe.44
11:15:06 πμ Instance_DownloadChunkEnded called. Chunks downloaded: (46 / 77).
If nothing pops out as weird, best bet would be to send the log file to support to see if they can help you. In the downloader, click Settings -> Report, and Szulak should get the log file and see if anything else can be done.
This might be an issue on our CDN side. Would you mind to check if the download speed will continue the same in some time ?
Hi. I just found this site a few days ago and was VERY happy! I downloaded the installer and began downloading some of the free games. I got through BASS and had to stop the downloads - I got overexcited and queued up 4 or 5. Now when I try to get the other games that were downloading before the downloader doesn't work. I get a dark download arrow in the tray but noth9ing happens. When I try to select the icon it disappears.

I'm running Microsoft Windows XP Professional on a Dell Dimension XPS with 3G of RAM.

There is no .log file in the GOG folder.
WolfHawk: I get a dark download arrow in the tray but nothing happens.
Dark download arrow means the downloader hasn't connected yet.

WolfHawk: When I try to select the icon it disappears.
Double clicking will restore the window, but it is possible that it moves off screen. If this is the case, it should move from the system tray to the taskbar, so right clicking on it and selecting move should allow you to reposition it properly using the arrow keys.

WolfHawk: There is no .log file in the GOG folder.
You mean the C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com right?
JohnDododo: EDIT4:Forget it! The reason for all of the following seems to be that I formatted my external hd with fat32 for some reason, and that format won't support files larger than 4*2°30 b, which is about 4.29 gb - or something like that. Well, I should have gotten suspicious earlier... but I'm obviously not that good with computers. Well, gog could include a warning to stoneagers like me for those big an nasty file downloads. ;) )

I'm currently trying to download a very large file (witcher enhanced ed, thats 9.5 gb or so), and it worked okay till I reached 4.29 gb
I have PRECISELY the same problem. The download gets to 4.3 gig then stops and won't finish. I contacted tech support and they suggested deleting the contents of my GOG user folder. Which I did. Now I'm stuck download all this from the beginning. :( It took me 3 days to download 4 gigs!

Anyway, my HDD is solid state, NTFS.

How is it we're both having exactly the same problem, yet our drives are formatted differently?

I'm wondering if it's not a problem on their end?

Besides, The Witcher is downloaded in chunks of 1.45 gig each. Binary files if you check your folder. Your explanation about it being FAT32 doesn't seem right.

So, the problem now is, what do I do? Wait for it to hit 4.3 and freeze again?

I'm using the latest downloader version. if anyone needs more information please ask. I really can't stomach another 4 days of perpetual downloading. I'd rather not play the game.
Hey sketcz, I assume you're not on a mac if you've NTFS; so I guess it will not help you a lot if I tell you what I did so I could finally download the game.
But, just in case, I am going to tell you anyway: The mac installer comes as a ~9.8 gb .dmg file; assuming that was just too large for my fat32 external hd, I created a so-called sparse bundle (look up wiki/Sparse_disk_image) which would divide this large file into 8mb-bands which the fats32 could handle. I downloaded the installer into the sparsebundle, and that worked fine.
However, I don't know if any comparable formatting strategy exists for windows.
You might try and download the game to another hdd, or maybe even a usb stick that you formatted precisely for that purpose.
It is really all I can suggest, sorry...
Ahh, you're on a Mac. I didn't realise.

I think i fixed the problem. I deleted everything then started fresh. Took a while but it went past the 4.29 barrier. Almost at the end now.

Most mysterious!