It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
ELFswe: Could you give us a button to remove a game from the list in the downloader?
JMich: A completed download can be removed by pressing the "Clear all" button. An incomplete download can be moved down the queue so the others will be downloaded first or removed (along with its files) by rightclicking.
If for some reason you want to remove an incomplete download from the queue while retaining the files, you have to remove the .bin file from %localappdata%\GOG.com
Thanks for the answer. I didn't have the patience to wait for the downloader to do the hashcheck or what ever it does. So I just deleted the games from the list as fast as I saw it just doing a check. So it resulted in me deleting the actual files.
Finally! After months of downloading, I've finally backep up my entire GOG.com shelf.

But now I've heard that many people had problems with corrupted files when using the downloader. I haven't had a problem yet, but I don't wanna manually check 180+ installers if they all work correctly. Is there any way/program that can check the integrity of the installers?
Anybody have any idea why the downloader is hardly showing any UI?
Attachments:
q3kbfnp.png (14 Kb)
Jamy: Anybody have any idea why the downloader is hardly showing any UI?
With the exception of the close button, that is what it should be showing. See attached image for a comparison.

To add your games to the downloader, you have to go to My Account and add them from there.
Attachments:
compare.png (28 Kb)
Being able to cancel a download would be nice. I ran out of space and keep having to 'pause download' for Neverwinter Nights 2 every time I reset my computer.
BoojieBoy: Being able to cancel a download would be nice. I ran out of space and keep having to 'pause download' for Neverwinter Nights 2 every time I reset my computer.
Right click on NWN2 installer, choose Remove. It will tell you that removing an incomplete download from the downloader will also remove any downloaded files. So the incomplete download is removed, and the space it occupies is freed.
Can't believe I didn't even try that. I'm a web UI developer and I love context-clicking.
My downloader (OS X, 1.2 build 512) appears to be not responding to anything - though in reality it seems to only update the UI every five minutes or so with new information. Actually doing anything in the application is impossible as it doesn't react until minutes later, at which point it goes unresponsive until its next UI update. This seems to extend to trying to download anything as it manages to log in at some point, once it thinks it can download it looks like it's trying to start, but then something times out and the application reports going offline a few minutes later.

I'm absolutely baffled at what's going on, I've deleted it and reinstalled (including clearing Application Support) and it just doesn't want to cooperate. Is there a more complete uninstall/refresh that I can do to get it working properly?
Post edited December 06, 2013 by gramathy
gramathy: My downloader (OS X, 1.2 build 512) appears to be not responding to anything - though in reality it seems to only update the UI every five minutes or so with new information. Actually doing anything in the application is impossible as it doesn't react until minutes later, at which point it goes unresponsive until its next UI update. This seems to extend to trying to download anything as it manages to log in at some point, once it thinks it can download it looks like it's trying to start, but then something times out and the application reports going offline a few minutes later.

I'm absolutely baffled at what's going on, I've deleted it and reinstalled (including clearing Application Support) and it just doesn't want to cooperate. Is there a more complete uninstall/refresh that I can do to get it working properly?
First of all remove contents of this folder ~/Library/GOG Downloader and ~/Library/Preferences/com.gog.downloader.plist, restart the app. If anything is still buggy, let me know.
Fallen_Zen: snip
And I was starting to think that you guys have abandoned us, glad to see you around again :-)

Sorry to insist, but could one of you reply to this post of mine, please??
Fallen_Zen: snip
HypersomniacLive: And I was starting to think that you guys have abandoned us, glad to see you around again :-)

Sorry to insist, but could one of you reply to this post of mine, please??
Actually, it's a bug. However, you might 'try to login again' by pressing enter key. We are really busy lately, sorry guys. We will do our best to come here more often :)
Post edited December 06, 2013 by Szulak
Szulak: Actually, it's a bug. However, you might 'try to login again' by pressing enter key. We are really busy lately, sorry guys. We will do our best to come here more often :)
No need to apologize, JMich is doing a great job addressing issues that pop up in this thread.
Though now I"m curious... should I read a bit more into that "we are really busy lately" statement, like you're deep into developing a new project?

Anyway, thanks for the reply and tip - I can't recall anymore if I tried the Enter key or not. Are there any plans for this bug to be squashed in the near future?
gramathy: My downloader (OS X, 1.2 build 512) appears to be not responding to anything - though in reality it seems to only update the UI every five minutes or so with new information. Actually doing anything in the application is impossible as it doesn't react until minutes later, at which point it goes unresponsive until its next UI update. This seems to extend to trying to download anything as it manages to log in at some point, once it thinks it can download it looks like it's trying to start, but then something times out and the application reports going offline a few minutes later.

Fallen_Zen: First of all remove contents of this folder ~/Library/GOG Downloader and ~/Library/Preferences/com.gog.downloader.plist, restart the app. If anything is still buggy, let me know.
Thanks for the help, removing the .plist file seems to have fixed everything. That's the one piece I hadn't known about to get rid of.
I have a minor bug to report, although I don't think it will affect if games are downloaded/corrupted. I'm not sure if this is what I can submit via a Report, but I can put it here.

Anyways, last night I right-clicked on the tray icon and selected 'Pause', however if I open up the GoG Downloader, it is not only paused but the Pause All is still selectable while the Resume All isn't.

The bug being it doesn't update the GUI (be it shown or hidden) is a very minor problem and probably not realized as most people either will use the full GUI or the tray, but not both.
Attachments:
tray.png (32 Kb)
This isn't really a downloader issue but when you have downloader mode on in my games the language preferences get messed up: The drop down menu says English but the file name can still be "Windows installer, Spanish". It can be fixed by selecting other language and then English again.

Really annoying, I almost accidentally downloaded The Witcher 2 with Korean language pack...

Also with Syberia the default drop down language for me wasn't English but French.