It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
dewayne3278: i have a download issue when i click on sa game to download using the downloader nothing happens. when i turn the downloader off and manually to download a game i get a 403 forbidden.

i use chrome and internet explorer but do the samething. i mcafee
skeletonbow: Make sure your firewall is not blocking the application from connecting to the Internet, that is the most common problem people have when trying to download games from GOG using the downloader.
still no dice it wont even add it to the downloader
My downloader keeps asking me to log in before it can continue but won't accept my login info. Why is that?
Also, trying to download another game I just bought but can't tell if its downloading or not! How can I tell?
dewayne3278: still no dice it wont even add it to the downloader
Please contact support (http://www.gog.com/support/contact) and explain them your problem. They will be happy to assists you.

sidney1949: My downloader keeps asking me to log in before it can continue but won't accept my login info. Why is that?
Also, trying to download another game I just bought but can't tell if its downloading or not! How can I tell?
Are you sure you're filling the right email and password? The Downloader uses the same credentials like you're using to log on website. Another possibility is that your AV / Firewall is blocking the Downloader from access internet.
Post edited November 10, 2013 by Szulak
For quite some while I've been noticing a very weird kind of behaviour when using the downloader, in that it downloads -way- more than what's supposed to download, then ends up producing damaged files.

Take for instance 'Don't starve' (which I'm currently downloading, but it happens on many other titles as well, seemingly at random). The installer is supposed to weigh in at about 260 MB. The downloader claims to have downloaded 120 MB so far, the (allegedly) incomplete file on disk is somewhat around 380 MB now and still growing. All this in about half an hour, running (on average) at approx. 600 kB/s, so who knows what happened with whatever the downloader has been downloading in that time.

As far as I gather from reading the logfile, it downloads the file in chunks and then combines it somehow, allegedly checking some checksums along the way (which it obviously doesn't, otherwise the installer itself would not complain about having been corrupted when trying to open it). For some titles, it seems as if the entire file would be downloaded times the number of chunks and then minced together in some bizarre way. I can't really explain it as I'm struggling to understand what is happening here.

This has been going on for months now, across each new version of the downloader that came across. Until now, I was too busy to bother, but I'm now fed up enough to finally see this resolved. What can I do to debug this bizarre behaviour?

( As an aside: I'd strongly suggest to have a separate forum for all things related to the downloader. This mastodontic thread is almost criminally unwieldy, there's no way anyone can find anything in such a monster… )

Edit: The download just completed. For a file which is SUPPOSED to be 257.1 MB, the download directory now contains a file which is 367.0 MB, but the downloader doesn't even consider that it -might- have fucked up the download. No warnings anywhere, the logfile suggests that there is no final checksum or size check to verify the entire file.
Post edited November 14, 2013 by Lyeengray
^ i woudl have to agree the downloader needs its own section
this thread is too massive to find anything

nobody can expected to have to read all 107 pages first
Lyeengray: For quite some while I've been noticing a very weird kind of behaviour when using the downloader, in that it downloads -way- more than what's supposed to download, then ends up producing damaged files.
Not an official answer but I'd suggest reducing the concurrent threads to 1 and see if it still happens. Either way, Szulak will probably want to see the log file, so do send a report from the downloader when you can :)
Lyeengray: For quite some while I've been noticing a very weird kind of behaviour when using the downloader, in that it downloads -way- more than what's supposed to download, then ends up producing damaged files.
JMich: Not an official answer but I'd suggest reducing the concurrent threads to 1 and see if it still happens. Either way, Szulak will probably want to see the log file, so do send a report from the downloader when you can :)
Ah, thanks for reminding me, forgot to write this: With concurrent threads == 1 the problem is gone, but the downloads then take -considerably- longer. At the moment I have it at six, but the precise number doesn't matter as long as there is more than one thread.
Post edited November 18, 2013 by Lyeengray
any chance of compiling a macOS 10.5.8 version?
I have a problem with the Downloader ever since near the end of the sale. It was working fine before, however it started going a bit odd and getting disconnected at the height of the sale. Now it does not download anything at all. It has the queue of things to download, I can still add to the queue and the client says it is online. However the first item in the list simply has downloading at 0 B/s.

EDIT: And hmmm I solved the problem myself. Removing the game at the front of the queue worked. Seems Book of Unwritten Tales does not want to download, putting it at the front stops everything again.
EDIT2: Removing the game and re-adding seems to have fixed whatever oddity was halting it.
Post edited November 19, 2013 by partially
xerox2k4: any chance of compiling a macOS 10.5.8 version?
Unfortunately we won't be supporting Leopard for the Downloader.
partially: EDIT: And hmmm I solved the problem myself. Removing the game at the front of the queue worked. Seems Book of Unwritten Tales does not want to download, putting it at the front stops everything again.
EDIT2: Removing the game and re-adding seems to have fixed whatever oddity was halting it.
It is possible that between the time you added the game and the time you tried to download it, the files were updated, thus the downloader wasn't able to find them. The log file should probably mention if that is the case, and I assume Szulak would like to take a look at it.
Glad to see you got it working though :)
Well anyways for improvement sake here goes, tried downloading Sacred Gold yesterday 1.7 GB in size, using the downloader, first tries downloaded 400 MB of file then i paused then resume the download 5 minutes later (was paused for switching connection) and after resuming the download it behaves erratically, every few minutes of download the size of download (as it seen on the downloader window) would decrease by 10 MB, hence the download was cancelled after 6 straight 10 MB size reduction.

Second try, all goes well until i hit sum check error 90 messages, strangely though my connection still shows files being downloaded, hence i ctrl + alt + del the downloader and opens it again, and yes the download still continues as normal and finished to the end without further problem and it doesn't gives any error when i tried installing.

Error report sent from both cases, just want to give a heads up for anyone who encounter sum check error to check whether the files are still continued being downloaded or not before canceling the download all together.
I have the Downloader Speed Limit set to 60.

(yes, that's slow. My connection is fouled up now. My max speed is around 100 until it's fixed)

On the bottom line the Downloader says
ONLINE 59.XX kbs or 60.xx.
Pretty much what I expect to see.

But I also have bandwidth monitor for my entire connection. It's showing a download speed in the high 90s. If I pause the Downloader, the speed drops to zero (or a little higher if something else is going on). Unpause, back to the 90s

What's going on?
Artki: I have the Downloader Speed Limit set to 60.

(yes, that's slow. My connection is fouled up now. My max speed is around 100 until it's fixed)

On the bottom line the Downloader says
ONLINE 59.XX kbs or 60.xx.
Pretty much what I expect to see.

But I also have bandwidth monitor for my entire connection. It's showing a download speed in the high 90s. If I pause the Downloader, the speed drops to zero (or a little higher if something else is going on). Unpause, back to the 90s

What's going on?
Could you lower an amount of concurrent connections to 1, please?
>> Could you lower an amount of concurrent connections to 1, please?

Ok.

Didn't make any difference.

BTW, I tried the downloader for the first time today. I was doing a DL via the browser when I lost my connection after 1.3 gigs of a 1.5 gig file.

Installed the downloader, started it, stopped it. copied the incomplete file to the downloader's directory and it picked up right where the browser had left off.

<smiles>
Post edited November 21, 2013 by Artki