It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Sarioya: I have NoScript set to allow everything GOG, and the download button give you a direct link anyway, so that shouldn't be an issue. It also wouldn't explain why Chrome is unable to find the download.
I'm also using NoScript, RequestPolicy, Cookie Monster, Ghostery, Disconnect, Abine Privacy Suite and several other extensions in Firefox at the moment. No problem on the download here, let me test Chrome out...

Ok, I just tested out Chrome (currently up to date), have no addons in it at all and I was able to download the current GOG downloader no problem however Chrome says "Setup_Downloader_3...exe is unsafe" with a button labelled "Discard". There is a link to more info which takes you to a Google support page that gives information on malware and phishing.

I'm going to bet that this is a false positive, but I'm going to scan the executables locally. No doubt a blue will chime in on why Chrome flags it as malware, but if I had to hazard a guess it's probably because they just updated it recently and Googles heuristics are simply not updated to recognize it as safe yet.

Update:
Ok, I scanned it with Microsoft Security Essentials and it came up clean in that at least. Not conclusive but a data point nonetheless.
Post edited October 24, 2013 by mharris
As soon as the GOG Downloader installer has valid digital signature (look attached image), the file is completely safe. As mharris wrote, it might be heuristic issue.
Attachments:
Post edited October 24, 2013 by Szulak
mharris: Ok, I just tested out Chrome (currently up to date), have no addons in it at all and I was able to download the current GOG downloader no problem however Chrome says "Setup_Downloader_3...exe is unsafe" with a button labelled "Discard". There is a link to more info which takes you to a Google support page that gives information on malware and phishing.
Just noticed the "More" button on the "This page is not available" page. When I click it, it gives me this message:

The webpage at http://static.gog.com/download/d3/stable/Setup_Downloader_3.6.0_stable.exe might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error code: ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH

My guess is that the same thing is happening in FireFox, but it doesn't have an error for it. It could be that BitDefender (which I am in the process of eradicating from my system because I can't do a thing with it) intercepting net traffic or something.
Sarioya: Just noticed the "More" button on the "This page is not available" page. When I click it, it gives me this message:

The webpage at http://static.gog.com/download/d3/stable/Setup_Downloader_3.6.0_stable.exe might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error code: ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH

My guess is that the same thing is happening in FireFox, but it doesn't have an error for it. It could be that BitDefender (which I am in the process of eradicating from my system because I can't do a thing with it) intercepting net traffic or something.
I'm not familiar with BitDefender, but if it is a firewall type application or something like PeerBlock then that could interfere with the download also. I've had PeerBlock interfere with a lot of valid websites over time and have had to disable it on occasion to get things to work.
Post edited October 24, 2013 by mharris
mharris: I'm not familiar with BitDefender, but if it is a firewall type application or something like PeerBlock then that could interfere with the download also. I've had PeerBlock interfere with a lot of valid websites over time and have had to disable it on occasion to get things to work.
BitDefender was the problem. As soon as I turned off all its "security" settings, I was able to download the downloader (as well as the seperate program needed for completely removing the blasted thing from my system).
The downloader is just flashing between paused and downloading (but not downloading anything).
Today I've installed the gog downloader, but it doesn't work, it still on "connecting...".
I've tried to redownload and restart my computer, but still not work.
I've windows 7.
MrRight: The downloader is just flashing between paused and downloading (but not downloading anything).
Could you send us a report (from the Settings of the GOG Downloader) ?

Simonen: Today I've installed the gog downloader, but it doesn't work, it still on "connecting...".
I've windows 7.
Are you using any AV / Firewall software? If yes, could you disable it for a while and try again, please?
MrRight: The downloader is just flashing between paused and downloading (but not downloading anything).
Szulak: Could you send us a report (from the Settings of the GOG Downloader) ?

Simonen: Today I've installed the gog downloader, but it doesn't work, it still on "connecting...".
I've windows 7.
Szulak: Are you using any AV / Firewall software? If yes, could you disable it for a while and try again, please?
Done, thanks.

I've windows 7.
Szulak: Are you using any AV / Firewall software? If yes, could you disable it for a while and try again, please?
I've switched the windows filrwall off, but the downloader still stuck on connecting.

Are you using any AV / Firewall software? If yes, could you disable it for a while and try again, please?
Simonen: I've switched the windows filrwall off, but the downloader still stuck on connecting.
I'm having a similar problem. Mine shows "downloading" but is getting 0 B/s. I've tried disabling Windows Firewall and AVG antivirus, and I sent a report.
We've pushed a small update to the Mac Downloader which should squash a bug which caused app to crash occasionally on Mavericks.
Just sent in a report about something I've encountered for the first time.

The Downloader says "Online - 0KB/s" but it is downloading as I can see the progress bar moving and the size of the downloaded partincreasing (both in the Downloader and on my HDD). I can also see both my router's and HDD's lights flickering.

Using the latest stable version on Win 7 64bit.
"Remove from list" doesn't always remove the selected item. Most of the time it removes the item at or near the top of the list and I am trying to remove one further down.
Post edited October 31, 2013 by adambiser
adambiser: "Remove from list" doesn't always remove the selected item. Most of the time it removes the item at or near the top of the list and the one I was trying to remove one further down.
I second this. And it's been the case for at least a couple of versions now.