It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Damistheholy: Hello.

I have a problem,first my client would at random points just crash but i could reboot it and continue on with my day, but now after restarting my computer and having one of the fun window's updates my GoG client just does not work at all, it flat out refuses to even start. i've tryed re-installing it but no change.

anything i can do to fix this?
Are you on Windows?
Dear GOG staff,

please do not silently update existing downloads or properly handle changed file sizes in the GOG Downloader.

If the new version of a file is smaller than the last one, the Downloader verifies the checksums of the existing chunks (and downloads the new blocks if checksum doesn't match) - but does not truncate the file size.

If the setup verifies the checksums of the file(s) it will fail with an error message, because the file is larger than expected (and the md5sum differs). One would have to manually truncate the file (not expected to be done by the average customer) or delete 'n download it again (wasting traffic).

---

broken (old download with updated chunks from the new version):

790416 a77f5db9ce214b5435a5dbca9a574464 setup_deponia_2.0.0.6.exe
1565244288 83daaf30f80ed505f1fee724780880db setup_deponia_2.0.0.6-1.bin
1077883829 00add30138bcac3f3e70014d5218bf99 setup_deponia_2.0.0.6-2.bin

working (current version of the setup without 'overlay' from old version):

1565217664 88573504e0cab842cb63a57e52423cf1 setup_deponia_2.0.0.6-1.bin
1077787397 332343a8c3016cec9b0535b3498bee49 setup_deponia_2.0.0.6-2.bin
nicode: Dear GOG staff,

please do not silently update existing downloads or properly handle changed file sizes in the GOG Downloader.

If the new version of a file is smaller than the last one, the Downloader verifies the checksums of the existing chunks (and downloads the new blocks if checksum doesn't match) - but does not truncate the file size.

If the setup verifies the checksums of the file(s) it will fail with an error message, because the file is larger than expected (and the md5sum differs). One would have to manually truncate the file (not expected to be done by the average customer) or delete 'n download it again (wasting traffic).

---

broken (old download with updated chunks from the new version):

1565244288 83daaf30f80ed505f1fee724780880db setup_deponia_2.0.0.6-1.bin
1077883829 00add30138bcac3f3e70014d5218bf99 setup_deponia_2.0.0.6-2.bin

working (current version of the setup without 'overlay' from old version):

1565217664 88573504e0cab842cb63a57e52423cf1 setup_deponia_2.0.0.6-1.bin
1077787397 332343a8c3016cec9b0535b3498bee49 setup_deponia_2.0.0.6-2.bin
Thank you for your report. We'll make our API and Downloader smart enough to recognize that a new build of the game or bonus was uploaded (for a resumed download) and act accordingly.
Post edited October 02, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Damistheholy: Hello.

I have a problem,first my client would at random points just crash but i could reboot it and continue on with my day, but now after restarting my computer and having one of the fun window's updates my GoG client just does not work at all, it flat out refuses to even start. i've tryed re-installing it but no change.

anything i can do to fix this?
Fallen_Zen: Are you on Windows?
aye i'm on windows 7
Fallen_Zen: Are you on Windows?
Damistheholy: aye i'm on windows 7
Could you delete everything from the %localappdata%\GOG.com directory ? It will clear your download list (current downloads will be removed, so you will have to add them again).
Damistheholy: aye i'm on windows 7
Szulak: Could you delete everything from the %localappdata%\GOG.com directory ? It will clear your download list (current downloads will be removed, so you will have to add them again).
I've deleted everything on my hard drive as far as i could find, and re-installed it, and now it just seems to crash when i try to run it, I'm not that good with these kind of things, so I'm not sure what else i can do.
Thanks for all the help, and I'm sorry if i am being a pain.
Szulak: Could you delete everything from the %localappdata%\GOG.com directory ? It will clear your download list (current downloads will be removed, so you will have to add them again).
Damistheholy: I've deleted everything on my hard drive as far as i could find, and re-installed it, and now it just seems to crash when i try to run it, I'm not that good with these kind of things, so I'm not sure what else i can do.
Thanks for all the help, and I'm sorry if i am being a pain.
Could you please run Windows Updates again, please?
Hello,

The downloader works fine for me unless that games don't remain in the list after restarting my computer (on Windows 7). So, downloads in progress don't carry on (I have to click the link again on the website) and I can't manage the downloaded games...
RollFroy: Hello,

The downloader works fine for me unless that games don't remain in the list after restarting my computer (on Windows 7). So, downloads in progress don't carry on (I have to click the link again on the website) and I can't manage the downloaded games...
Could you please add any game to the downloads queue and send us a report (from the Settings window), please? It looks like something (might be your AV) is blocking access for the GOG Downloader, so it can not save the downloads list properly.
RollFroy: Hello,

Szulak: Could you please add any game to the downloads queue and send us a report (from the Settings window), please? It looks like something (might be your AV) is blocking access for the GOG Downloader, so it can not save the downloads list properly.
Done, thanks for the quick answer. My AV is Bitdefender Total Security 2013, so I've done a few tests by changing the firewall options and ... it always works (download carries on after restarting) ! o_O
Maybe, because I followed and applied this article for another reason shortly before and forgot to check if it affected the GOG downloader... Apparently, yes :-)
Just a thing that doesn't really matter : the (one and only) previous downloaded game still not appears (So I don't know if managing downloaded games works so far)...
Post edited October 03, 2013 by RollFroy
RollFroy: Just a thing that doesn't really matter : the (one and only) previous downloaded game still not appears (So I don't know if managing downloaded games works so far)...
Downloads that were completed are removed from the list upon closing the app. So it's perfectly ok that you don't see them after re-launching.
RollFroy: Just a thing that doesn't really matter : the (one and only) previous downloaded game still not appears (So I don't know if managing downloaded games works so far)...
Fallen_Zen: Downloads that were completed are removed from the list upon closing the app. So it's perfectly ok that you don't see them after re-launching.
OK then, it's perfect ! Thanks GOG team :)

And for Bitdefender users having problems with the downloader, see this :
http://www.bitdefender.com/support/My-Internet-is-slow-1100.html
Would it be possible to have the option to exactly select a directory for every download, which is then remembered for each item for later checks?

My GoG backup HDD currently looks like this...
Games\gog\game_a

I then have to change it so it reads
Games\gog\Game A\Extras
Where the game installer files only are in the "Game A" directory, and the extras are moved into the sub-directory "Extras"

Having the option to specify this in the downloader during download would make my life a LOT easier, expecially when it comes to having sub-directories for specific series as well.
How can I close the GOG-Downloader for good instead of sending it to the tray when clicking the X?
While keeping it open may be reasonable when a download is in progress, keeping it open when all downloads are finished and I click X is just trolling.
EDIT: I know about right-clicking the tray-icon.
EDIT2: Is there any chance to get an option to add downloads in a paused state instead of starting them right away?
Post edited October 09, 2013 by Elbart
I'm having problems with accessing my games right now (both icewind dale and theme hospital aren't working).

If I try and download with the downloader tool, it sticks at either 10MB or 50MB (exactly) and progresses no further. Pause and restart knocks the bar back down to a lower MB.

If I try the direct link, I get a 403 - Forbidden message.

A couple of hours of searching the web and still no resolutions found. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Edit - Unfortunately, the accomodation I'm living in at the moment comes with a shitty, intrusive filtered access to the web, sort of a proxy (although I'm not that techy and entirely sure it's a proxy). Anyways around this? Access to other proxy sites is blocked.
Post edited October 09, 2013 by Ragenori