It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
eleve: MacPro 3,1 (209i), Os X 10.8.3, 16 GB RAM. I just downloaded the downloader v 1.2 and noticed a bad effect.

When I add a file like eg.The Witcher install file (rather big) via the browser, the downloader goes and gets the info on the file as it should but then something happens (no entries in either GOG.log or system log) and it starts to chew up all the memory on the machine. It takes ~1 min for the _Real_ memory (not virtual but real memory) to go from ~10GB free down to ~10MB free at which point the whole machine grinds to a halt and it gets very difficult to do anything even like quitting the downloader.

The first time this happened I reacted too late and the system took a hang report from the downloader. You can have that if you want but my guess is that it'll just show the program (as most of the other programs on the machine at this point) being unresponsive because the machine had run out of memory.

The weird thing is that this seems to happen only with the single file downloads. I also started the download for the bonus material and that is working fine sofar.

edit: I made a short video to show this effect at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ilow_DvxDo though it only shows graphically what I wrote down here.
Fallen_Zen: Thanks for reporting, I'll have a look at it, first thing tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll be able to reproduce the problem. Tried to reproduce it at home, here's the result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hssVBFMHI-g. Nevertheless will try to find the cause of the problem in your case.
Found the error :)

It's not dependent on file size at all but the downloader seems to neglect to clean up behind itself.

I fell over 1 case accidentally and then checked them all. All directories of the files that produced this wierd error contained at least 1 parts file and 1 final, eg.
the_witcher_1.0.0.3.dmg
and
the_witcher_1.0.0.3.dmg.part

which is the sign of either a download in progress or a failed download.

Once I deleted these files, the downloads took place without further ado.

It is clear that this would happen more often on bigger files because those downloads would be interrupted more often. Unfortunately, I can't tell you with which version of the downloader these files were actually produced though their date was from Nov 12, 2012.

It might be worth checking this for the log in the future :) Also, the question remains why the downloader would react so disgracefully but the main problem has more or less reverted from a crash/program breaking bug to slightly more than cosmetic only.

Thank you :)
cheers
eve
IShoot4lolz: I'm pretty sure I already know this, but the downloader is completely safe, correct?
DyNaer: if the question , is there any malware in the downloader : there 0 malware.

some Antivirus could give you a false positive , just place the executable of the downloader in the ignore list of the Antiviture. :)
Alright, thanks
Is anyone else having trouble with the Downloader connecting? I ran it fine last week, but tonight when I tried to use ot to download things from the sale, I had no luck. It ran an update, and the program launches, but its stuck in offline mode with 'connecting...' perpetually on the right corner.

I can still download without using the program through my browser, so this isn't a tragic situation. But would like to troubleshoot this if I can.
eleve: Found the error :)

It's not dependent on file size at all but the downloader seems to neglect to clean up behind itself.

I fell over 1 case accidentally and then checked them all. All directories of the files that produced this wierd error contained at least 1 parts file and 1 final, eg.
the_witcher_1.0.0.3.dmg
and
the_witcher_1.0.0.3.dmg.part

which is the sign of either a download in progress or a failed download.

Once I deleted these files, the downloads took place without further ado.

It is clear that this would happen more often on bigger files because those downloads would be interrupted more often. Unfortunately, I can't tell you with which version of the downloader these files were actually produced though their date was from Nov 12, 2012.

It might be worth checking this for the log in the future :) Also, the question remains why the downloader would react so disgracefully but the main problem has more or less reverted from a crash/program breaking bug to slightly more than cosmetic only.

Thank you :)
cheers
eve
I'll look into the case ;) Thanks, will get back to you on Monday :)
Hi,

I am a new member, and I have just purchased the Witcher, Enhanced Edition, and I am trying to download it on to my Macbook (Mountain Lion OS).

The Downloader appears to be happily installing all the bonus content (3.7 Gb) but I see no evidence of the actual game itself on the download list and it is 8.5 Gb...

What's happening?
johnfortin: Hi,

I am a new member, and I have just purchased the Witcher, Enhanced Edition, and I am trying to download it on to my Macbook (Mountain Lion OS).

The Downloader appears to be happily installing all the bonus content (3.7 Gb) but I see no evidence of the actual game itself on the download list and it is 8.5 Gb...

What's happening?
What do you mean ?

I checked the download list in my games shelves and there's a link / or button (depends if the downloader mode is on or off)

beside that the size is 9.1 GB for me., it's at the top of the list (under the drop down menu). I know the size isn't exact sometimes.

unless u speak of fhe list in the downloader -> in this case i don't know , i don't have a Mac. So i can't help with the version of the downloader for Mac.
Post edited June 22, 2013 by DyNaer
Hi,

I quite like the downloader, however one issue I have with it is that it doesn't inhibit suspend while downloading. I have my PC set up in a powersaving way (leaving it on and leaving way too often) and when it suspends during a download, well, that's annoying.
Any chance this could be implemented?

Thanks
johnfortin: Hi,

What's happening?
DyNaer: What do you mean ?

I checked the download list in my games shelves and there's a link / or button (depends if the downloader mode is on or off)

beside that the size is 9.1 GB for me., it's at the top of the list (under the drop down menu). I know the size isn't exact sometimes.

unless u speak of fhe list in the downloader -> in this case i don't know , i don't have a Mac. So i can't help with the version of the downloader for Mac.
Aaah, I see the 9.1 Gb downloader install...I thought it was for the downloader itself. So, will I have to wait until the bonus content is downloaded first, or will it also download the game at the same time..doesn't seem so.
johnfortin: Aaah, I see the 9.1 Gb downloader install...I thought it was for the downloader itself. So, will I have to wait until the bonus content is downloaded first, or will it also download the game at the same time..doesn't seem so.
i don't know how the downloader works on Mac

But since , there's no resume option for bonus content, my guess is yes.

You could probably add the installer to the downloader (it will be queued)

with the PC version , u can move an item of the queue list -> if you can do that, just move the installer under the download file in progress. Otherwise u must wait untill all bonus have been downloaded.
Post edited June 22, 2013 by DyNaer
CutlassJack: Is anyone else having trouble with the Downloader connecting? I ran it fine last week, but tonight when I tried to use ot to download things from the sale, I had no luck. It ran an update, and the program launches, but its stuck in offline mode with 'connecting...' perpetually on the right corner.

I can still download without using the program through my browser, so this isn't a tragic situation. But would like to troubleshoot this if I can.
Yes, I had that problem (with Mac version 1.2). Here's what I did to fix it: Options->Number of concurrent connections -> 1. Downloading resumed immediately afterwards!

HTH.
CutlassJack: Is anyone else having trouble with the Downloader connecting? I ran it fine last week, but tonight when I tried to use ot to download things from the sale, I had no luck. It ran an update, and the program launches, but its stuck in offline mode with 'connecting...' perpetually on the right corner.

hi

I got this problem too. I contacted gog customer service. They told me to to uninstall/reinstall the downloader (which I already did), then delete cache data (which doesn't work) and then repair the Microsoft .NET Framework files. None of these worked, and the downloader still can't connect to servers... As you said, I can download games through internet browser, but I find it annoying.
sephiroth83: snip
Could you send me a report (from the Settings window) and in the comment field write your nick, please? I will take a look on it.
Update on this: I have finally managed to get the downloader to connect by shutting off my firewall temporarilly. The current update is apparently conflicting with firewall program (Norton Internet Security).

This is odd since the previous version of the Downloader worked fine for me a last weekend and had no issues at all. But may want to give it a try and see if it works for you.
Post edited June 22, 2013 by CutlassJack
Some urgent improvements GOG downloader needs (at least to me) as questions:

01. Why there's no option (button) to retry a "the request timed out" error in any of the individual archive download rows ?.

02. Why i need to delete a previous "the request timed out" error before i can add the link again to the downloader ?.

03. Why if i click the little circled 'x' to delete "the request timed out" file to reload again a dialog box appears asking me "The download you are about to remove is unfinished. If you proceed all uncomplete files will be deleted" when in fact the file neither it will start downloading nor it has been partly downloaded and there's no other option to me than delete it if i want to reload it again for download ?.

04. Why doesn't appear the real name of the file over "the request timed out" message and not merely the name of the game to which it belongs (with underscores) ?.

05. Why i have to spend my time starting my web browser, navigate to my personal downloads page, try to guess which was the file that caused "the request timed out", and finally click on that file link to re-send it to GOG downloader for download it ?.

No offense here, nor i'm upset because all that, it's only that i would like this wonderful downloader to be even more wonderful.
Post edited June 22, 2013 by pathfinder
On one of my Windows 8 computers, the downloader just exits out immediately - I don't even see a Window. Error log is as follows:

CPU with 4 core(s) found:
CPU0: 3093 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
CPU1: 3093 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
CPU2: 3093 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
CPU3: 3093 MHz for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Memory: 8544772096
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Language: English (United States)
Drive C:\ has 253913866240 bytes available
Drive G:\ has 3337153359872 bytes available
Drive H:\ has 1209844920320 bytes available
Drive I:\ has 1209844920320 bytes available
Drive N:\ has 249607335936 bytes available
Drive O:\ has 249607335936 bytes available
UNHANDLED ERROR!

Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.DriveInfo.get_TotalFreeSpace()
at SingleInstanceApplication.WpfApp.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
Inner exception:

Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.DriveInfo.get_TotalFreeSpace()
at SingleInstanceApplication.WpfApp.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at SingleInstanceApplication.SingleInstanceApplicationWrapper.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
Inner exception:
Post edited June 22, 2013 by Purduecoz