It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Is it possible to keep having different file names for different language versions? I like to download every game I buy, and download everything (all the extras and language packs) but now they don't have separate names and the downloader assumes it's the same file and doesn't download different languages for the games.
Thank you.
monkeycaress: Is it possible to keep having different file names for different language versions? I like to download every game I buy, and download everything (all the extras and language packs) but now they don't have separate names and the downloader assumes it's the same file and doesn't download different languages for the games.
Thank you.
I will forward your suggestion, thank you.
Does the downloader still downloads in chunks? I downloaded a game via GOG Downloader and installer said the files are corrupted (it didn't even start integrity check at all).

It seems that the downloader failed to recognize something is corrupted and I had to redownload the whole game.
keeveek: Does the downloader still downloads in chunks? I downloaded a game via GOG Downloader and installer said the files are corrupted (it didn't even start integrity check at all).

It seems that the downloader failed to recognize something is corrupted and I had to redownload the whole game.
Yes, it does. What game is it? Could you also post (or upload somewhere) your log file please?
After reading the threads by Nfuzedxgamer, I thought I'd check out the behavior of the GOG Downloader since I hadn't used it for a while.
It updated fine and I downloaded the updated installer of Dragonshere. Everything went smooth and at max speed :)

I have two questions (I know it's a Saturday & everything, but I'm in no hurry).

Question #1
When I click on a link of a game on my shelf and the Downloader pops up, it's asking me to log in.
Does the Downloader log you in on a different server? Or is that just a double check safety measure? Or isn't this happening to others and i'ts an issue on my end?
I mean, I'm already logged in since I'm 'calling' the Downloader through my shelf and I'd expect no need to log in again.

Question #2
Is it possible to have the Downloader ask for the download location when you start it by clicking on a link?
I keep my games on external HDDs and store them by genre and source, i.e. the download location changes based on the genre the game belongs to and the source I bought it from (for example: J:\GAMES\ADVENTURE\GOG).

Right now the default download location is a folder called "GOG.com Downloads" in My Documents. I find this impractical (and frankly, rather poorly thought out) for a number of reasons (glad to provide more info if necessary).
If I don't want it to download there, I have to remember to manually change the location in the settings before I start each download, which is not very practical for two reasons:
1. I may forget to change the location, so I end up having to manually move game folders around.
2. I can't put more games in queue because of reason #1.

Thanks for the Downloader and your time.

EDIT
Also, when you cancel a download, the downloaded files get deleted but the game folder not. Any chance this changes?
Post edited March 23, 2013 by HypersomniacLive
monkeycaress: Is it possible to keep having different file names for different language versions? I like to download every game I buy, and download everything (all the extras and language packs) but now they don't have separate names and the downloader assumes it's the same file and doesn't download different languages for the games.
Thank you.
Usually most installers that are for a specific language will have a different name for the installer. For example, System Shock 2 comes with English and German installers. The German one is named setup_system_shock2de, for example.

Some installers, however, have all the languages in one installer due to how the game itself was built in that you can select the language you want inside the game.

In the case of multi-language games in one installer, such as Sensible World of Soccer 96/97, the same installer is copied across all the language selections. So if you select the German language from the drop down menu in your account page, you'll get the same installer and ,thus, you'll need to download it once to get all the languages available.

Games with language packs will use the same installer and have differently named language packs to download and install in order to change your game to the desired language.

In short, when it's necessary to denote a language for an installer, it will be in the file name using the standard language abbreviation ie. DE for German, ES for Spanish. or PT for Portuguese. hope that helps :D
Szulak: Yes, it does. What game is it? Could you also post (or upload somewhere) your log file please?
What logs? It was for Rollercoaster Tycoon. But everything works now as I redownloaded the game. Some weird glitch
HypersomniacLive: [...]
Ad.1
Unfortunately, double logging in is necessary due to security measures. However, as soon as you log in successfully, your credentials will be stored in your system, and you will not be asked about logging in again (unless stored credentials didn't expire).

Ad.2
We aren't planning to change it in the nearest future, but I will forward your idea to right people. It might be added, or not.

Regarding deletion of canceled download - it's not a bug. Assuming you are downloading a game and some bonus content (or already have it downloaded). If the GOG Downloader would remove the folder, you could end up with removed bonus (which would be unintended).

keeveek: What logs? It was for Rollercoaster Tycoon. But everything works now as I redownloaded the game. Some weird glitch
Log fiile from the following path:
Windows 7/Vista - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com

Keep in mind, it might be a temporary issue with our servers. If the redownloaded game works now, its most likely something with server (or the download didn't finish before you ran it).
Thank you.
JudasIscariot: Usually most installers that are for a specific language will have a different name for the installer. For example, System Shock 2 comes with English and German installers. The German one is named setup_system_shock2de, for example.

Some installers, however, have all the languages in one installer due to how the game itself was built in that you can select the language you want inside the game.

In the case of multi-language games in one installer, such as Sensible World of Soccer 96/97, the same installer is copied across all the language selections. So if you select the German language from the drop down menu in your account page, you'll get the same installer and ,thus, you'll need to download it once to get all the languages available.

Games with language packs will use the same installer and have differently named language packs to download and install in order to change your game to the desired language.

In short, when it's necessary to denote a language for an installer, it will be in the file name using the standard language abbreviation ie. DE for German, ES for Spanish. or PT for Portuguese. hope that helps :D
Ah, so you're saying that if the file name is the same, then the file itself is equal? But some games (Inquisitor for example) lost the "file language pack", was that integrated into the game? Thanks.

EDIT : Nope, seems like it's a bug. I can't download the Inquisitor czech version - there used to be a specific czech language pack that isn't available anymore.
Post edited March 23, 2013 by monkeycaress
Szulak: Keep in mind, it might be a temporary issue with our servers. If the redownloaded game works now, its most likely something with server (or the download didn't finish before you ran it).
I searched for the log file, opened it, and it was pretty outdated, I couldn't find anything about my recent downloads.

But you are probably right and it was some minor server hiccup (when I first clicked to download the game it showed me "File not found" error and after another click, download started), and everything is fine now.

I just wanted to check if the new downloader still checks the file integrity to prvent downloading entire file from scratch.
I've been attempting to download RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe for the past 2 hours. The downloader works fine until it randomly gets stuck and won't finish the download. No matter how many times I download it freezes at random times, usually near the end. Any idea what's causing this behavior?

1. Downloader version 3.4.8.0
2. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
3. English
4. Firefox 19.0.2
Would be nice to have a 3rd button
Resume All | Pause All | Pause for 1 minute (if you need temporary connection speed up for other things)

On slow connections the downloader quickli eat up the whole bandwith, so I have to pause it for example if I want to open a web page or just read a facebook post, but sometimes after pausing I forget to resume, and maybe that evening I can't try out the game because download yet not finished.

With "pause for 1 minute" (or 30 seconds what you think is best time), the downloader let me open and read some webpage, and I don't have to remember to resume. Should not be too hard implement such feature

;)

regards.
Post edited March 25, 2013 by DarioGOII
Well, the latest update screwed me over. I had this same issue before where downloads repeatedly pause then resume without ever downloading anything. I know the last time I had to clear out some .bin files but I can't remember the location of them. I checked under C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com but didn't see them. Can anyone help?
adyghost: [...]
Please post (or upload to any paste-bin like) service a contents of your log file, which can be found here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com

DarioGOII: [...]
I will forward your idea, but I don't think it will be implemented, thanks. However, you can use a speed limiter and limit your download speed during your "web session".

Totenglocke: [...]
Please post (or upload to any paste-bin like) service a contents of your log file, which can be found here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
Moreover, try to reinstall completely the GOG Downloader, and remove all files from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com folder, it might help.
So, Lucius has updated files, and I queued everything up (as usual) to download to an empty folder. Since Lucius is a multilingual game with only one installer, all 5 language installers are the same files, same with the universal update.
Queue everything, download english versions, move on to the next. The installer (German) verifies it's already there, and is marked as completed. The universal update (German) downloads from scratch. Same thing for the rest of the languages as well.

May I suggest a "Identical file" flag, so downloading one language file would also mark the other languages as downloaded?