It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Szulak: Yes, exactly. As you could notice, you must use file id to get game details. It has a format:

https://api.gog.com/downloader2/game/unique_game_title/file_id

So, your url should looks like:

https://api.gog.com/downloader2/game/beneath_a_steel_sky/installer_win_en
Thanks, I'll start implementing the new changes to my downloader. :)
verin: [...]
Szulak: You are using the old version of GOG.com website. Please refresh all cookies and cache by hitting ctrl + F5 and try to add the game again.
I've just tried this, after updating the Downloader and found it was crashing; it seems to download the main installer and the bonuses with no problems, but when I've clicked on the "Universal update, english" it kills Downloader, I've tried this on "Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone" and " Legend of Grimrock" so far. If you want me to copy the log entry, I'll make it crash again, though I'm not 100% sure where I need to copy from/to.
Szulak: You are using the old version of GOG.com website. Please refresh all cookies and cache by hitting ctrl + F5 and try to add the game again.
YenRug: I've just tried this, after updating the Downloader and found it was crashing; it seems to download the main installer and the bonuses with no problems, but when I've clicked on the "Universal update, english" it kills Downloader, I've tried this on "Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone" and " Legend of Grimrock" so far. If you want me to copy the log entry, I'll make it crash again, though I'm not 100% sure where I need to copy from/to.
I've checked your issue, and from my side (home PC) it works fine. Are you sure you are using the new GOG website? We pushed small update today. Please copy and paste me the links which are crashing the GOG Downloader.
YenRug: I've just tried this, after updating the Downloader and found it was crashing; it seems to download the main installer and the bonuses with no problems, but when I've clicked on the "Universal update, english" it kills Downloader, I've tried this on "Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone" and " Legend of Grimrock" so far. If you want me to copy the log entry, I'll make it crash again, though I'm not 100% sure where I need to copy from/to.
Szulak: I've checked your issue, and from my side (home PC) it works fine. Are you sure you are using the new GOG website? We pushed small update today. Please copy and paste me the links which are crashing the GOG Downloader.
Just to clarify, I cleared my Cookies and Cache in the browser, reopened GOG.com and then did CTRL+F5. When I look at "Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone", these are the download links showing up:

gogdownloader://forgotten_realms_demon_stone/installer_win_en

gogdownloader://forgotten_realms_demon_stone/1072,forgotten_realms_demon_stone/1073

gogdownloader://forgotten_realms_demon_stone/

For "Legend of Grimrock":

gogdownloader://legend_of_grimrock/installer_win_en

gogdownloader://legend_of_grimrock/1437,legend_of_grimrock/1438,legend_of_grimrock/1439,legend_of_grimrock/144 0,legend_of_grimrock/1441,legend_of_grimrock/1442,legend_of_grimrock/1443,legend_of_grimrock/1444

gogdownloader://legend_of_grimrock/

ETA: I meant to say, the last link, each time, is the one causing Downloader to crash. I haven't tried any other games, yet, so if it is just these two then it's one heck of a coincidence that I happened to try just these.
Post edited March 11, 2013 by YenRug
YenRug: gogdownloader://forgotten_realms_demon_stone/

Are these links "Universal update" link?

EDIT:

After hovering mouse on the "Universal update", I have this link:

gogdownloader://legend_of_grimrock/en1patch0

Could you please try to open this link in your web browser?
Post edited March 11, 2013 by Szulak
YenRug: gogdownloader://forgotten_realms_demon_stone/

Szulak: Are these links "Universal update" link?

EDIT:

After hovering mouse on the "Universal update", I have this link:

gogdownloader://legend_of_grimrock/en1patch0

Could you please try to open this link in your web browser?
I copied and pasted that link into another tab and it successfully triggered Downloader without crashing it. Just to check it wasn't something screwy with my browser (Firefox), I just opened up Internet Explorer and browsed to my account page in that (never visited GOG with IE on this new PC); when I went to Legend of Grimrock, that was showing the same links as before, so it's not a local cache issue, well, unless Firefox and IE somehow use the same cache files.
YenRug: [...]
In this case, it looks like a server side issue, not showing proper URLs. I will forward this issue, thank you.
1. 3.4.8.0
2. 8
3. English

Hi, Im having trouble with the manager, it just updated itself and now its not downloading, anything, at all, also I cant delete games already on queque as it simply stops working, I already tried reinstalling and redownloading. how do I return to the last version, or help please.
pizzapicante27: 1. 3.4.8.0
2. 8
3. English

Hi, Im having trouble with the manager, it just updated itself and now its not downloading, anything, at all, also I cant delete games already on queque as it simply stops working, I already tried reinstalling and redownloading. how do I return to the last version, or help please.
Please remove everything from your %localappdata%\GOG.com directory, and add the game to download again.
You can open mentioned directory by pressing WIN+R, typing %localappdata%\GOG.com and hitting enter.
Downloader updated, after that I've tried downloading a game - saw it reach 30MB, then now checked again and it was at 20MB. What happened?

Edit: Paused it for a couple minutes, and it resumed at 11MB!

Edit 2: Now the downloader shows 40MB, but the downloaded file is actually 116MB (and not growing).

Windows 7x64
Downloader 3.8.4.0
Post edited March 12, 2013 by kalirion
pizzapicante27: 1. 3.4.8.0
2. 8
3. English

Szulak: Please remove everything from your %localappdata%\GOG.com directory, and add the game to download again.
You can open mentioned directory by pressing WIN+R, typing %localappdata%\GOG.com and hitting enter.
I was having the same problem described, and this fixed it for me. Thanks.
Help!

GOG Downloader will not install.

Error message comes up:

We're sorry but an error occurred. Please send your log file to our support. The file can be fount here: C:\User\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\GOG.com\logger.log

I just restored my computer to factory settings. I had GOG on here before. Please advise!

Thanks,

Pat
So, whenever I try to download a game after updating yesterday, the downloader gets about 2 MB, then stops. If I leave it for a minute or two, a 728 MB game is about 95% done and then does nothing After another couple of minutes, it actually starts to go backwards. I've tried clearing the app data folder, which didn't help. Is there anything else I can do? I'm a tad frustrated
Post edited March 17, 2013 by cross3yed0ni
pl777776: [...]
Could you post (or upload to any paste-bin like service) a contents of your log file please?

cross3yed0ni: [...]
Please remove downloaded files, content of application data and try again. Moreover, post a your log file please.
pl777776: [...]
Szulak: Could you post (or upload to any paste-bin like service) a contents of your log file please?

cross3yed0ni: [...]
Szulak: Please remove downloaded files, content of application data and try again. Moreover, post a your log file please.
How do I find my log file?