It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
I’ve been using current version (3.3.5) for some time now and in comparison to previous ones it is a MAJOR progress in terms of quality. No crashes, no downloading problems. Good job.
I am having the Final Chunk problem also.
Hello,

We just pushed new beta version of the GOG Downloader. This version contains some internal improvements, we also extended logging to gather more information - what will help us fixing future bugs.

We would especially recommend this beta update for people having the 'last chunk error' to test this version and send us log file (or upload log file to the paste-bin like services).

Link to the 3.3.6 (beta) version:
http://static.gog.com/download/d3/beta/Setup_Downloader_3.3.6_beta.exe
Regards,
Szulak
Post edited January 29, 2013 by Szulak
Thanks for the update, I'll test it when I get home.
Works fine for me (3.3.5). Launches. Downloads. No crashes or hanging (Windows 7 64 bit)
i have had no problems with the new downloader its smooth and very quick love it :) (win7 64 bit)
Post edited January 16, 2013 by Gr1mwolf
I just had my downloader (3.3.6.0 beta) crash about halfway through downloading the Witcher 2. When I restarted it, the game was no longer listed in the downloader (blank window). I tried resuming by re-adding the game as normal, but it wouldn't check what I already downloaded and continue from where I left off. To be specific, it was telling me up front I didn't have enough disk space free (I had 26GB+ after what I'd already downloaded), so it was like it wasn't even bothering to check that I'd already downloaded what I had. But then I closed the downloader and re-opened it, and suddenly it decided to check everything and resume. Apparently (?) the game download needs to be in the downloader window first (and not cleared before closing it) and then it works when re-opened? I don't understand this behavior. If it can do it upon restarting the downloader, can you not get it to behave this way when first added via the website?
Post edited January 17, 2013 by tramtris
tramtris: I just had my downloader (3.3.6.0 beta) crash about halfway through downloading the Witcher 2. When I restarted it, the game was no longer listed in the downloader (blank window). I tried resuming by re-adding the game as normal, but it wouldn't check what I already downloaded and continue from where I left off. To be specific, it was telling me up front I didn't have enough disk space free (I had 26GB+ after what I'd already downloaded), so it was like it wasn't even bothering to check that I'd already downloaded what I had. But then I closed the downloader and re-opened it, and suddenly it decided to check everything and resume. Apparently (?) the game download needs to be in the downloader window first (and not cleared before closing it) and then it works when re-opened? I don't understand this behavior. If it can do it upon restarting the downloader, can you not get it to behave this way when first added via the website?
Could you post or upload to any paste-bin like service the contents of your log file?
Hi all. I have a question for you all. I recently downloaded Witcher2 with the Gog downloader ver. 3.3.6. No problem, except I had to move the downloaded files to another Drive due to HD space. No problem, game ran great.

I then switched the location for saved files to the same drive.

I have now went to download another game witcher1, but it is re downloading Witcher 2. The question is, How do I remove witcher 2 from the downloader Que?

The only option I see, is resume all/ pause, and where the witcher 2 is by itself, it has a little magnifying glass that opens the file location.

Thanks for your help all.
Sirgod: Hi all. I have a question for you all. I recently downloaded Witcher2 with the Gog downloader ver. 3.3.6. No problem, except I had to move the downloaded files to another Drive due to HD space. No problem, game ran great.

I then switched the location for saved files to the same drive.

I have now went to download another game witcher1, but it is re downloading Witcher 2. The question is, How do I remove witcher 2 from the downloader Que?

The only option I see, is resume all/ pause, and where the witcher 2 is by itself, it has a little magnifying glass that opens the file location.

Thanks for your help all.
Open the downloader, and pause current download. Remove The Witcher 2 from the queue (right click on icon and press Remove). Than, start to download The witcher 1.
Thanks for the quick Reply Szulak. (Man I love that name)

Sadly, My downloader has no icon. I tried to right click on the area where it should be (After taking a look at the Gog downloader page, but still no go.

Just to be safe, I'm going to check on my Video Drivers, however, I just updated them about a week ago. Also the .net tool that you mention in the Support area, returned that my 3.5.net was verified (successful) .

Ok, Checked my video drivers while I was typing this up, and I am current. Should I try and download the downloader again, and give that a shot.

I can give you any info on my system if that will help.

Once again, many thanks for the help here.
Sirgod: Thanks for the quick Reply Szulak. (Man I love that name)

Sadly, My downloader has no icon. I tried to right click on the area where it should be (After taking a look at the Gog downloader page, but still no go.

Just to be safe, I'm going to check on my Video Drivers, however, I just updated them about a week ago. Also the .net tool that you mention in the Support area, returned that my 3.5.net was verified (successful) .

Ok, Checked my video drivers while I was typing this up, and I am current. Should I try and download the downloader again, and give that a shot.

I can give you any info on my system if that will help.

Once again, many thanks for the help here.
You can use ALT+TAB combination to switch between running programs and bring them to the top. I will take a look on this and if its really a bug, we will fix it in the next version.
Thank you, I will give that a try. Man, I just love Gog.com, where else could I get tech help at 4:30 in the morning.
Sirgod: Thank you, I will give that a try. Man, I just love Gog.com, where else could I get tech help at 4:30 in the morning.
You are welcome, we are glad to help you ;)
It's odd, I do have the icon for witcher 1 on there now, but still not for the 2nd one. I did discover, I can simply drag the games up and down, which allowed me to go ahead and install the 1st one.

So , Problem solved!