It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Fallen_Zen: IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Before submitting any bug reports, please post the following information:
1. Downloader version (found under settings)
2. OS version
3. OS language
4. Browser kind and version (this is required only if you're having problems when adding games to the queue from the website)
5. Downloader log contents if possible:
Windows 7/Vista - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\GOG.com
Mac OS X - Contents from the Console app regarding the GOG Downloader
6. A detailed description of the problem. We'll be able to find a solution and post it for you a lot faster. Thanks! :)
nice
1. 3.3.5
2. Windows 7 64 bit
3. Dutch
4. firefox 17.0.1
6.An annoying problem. When I download the game and I want to open it by pressing the icon next to the fil magnifying glass It always goes to my documents but the settings clearly state that everything goesto c:\gog.com so it keeps opening a map it didnt download it to.
1. Downloader version (found under settings) 3.3.5.0
2. OS version windows 7 64 bit sp 1 home premium
3. OS language english
currently i am having several problems

the first is most likley to blame on my firewall ( zone alarm ) which is getting a bit too orwellian in its zeal to protect my computer
and its forcefield section is preventing some but not all game setup files from being moved from one hd to another
...annoying to say the least

the second was a problem with the witcher enhanced edition download
it just was just hanging there fro 8 full hours doing nothing
reporting that it was 8.4 gig of 8.4 gig done but one last block of the progress bar wasnt filling
and nothing was happening

upgrading to the latest version of the gog downloader got it to move again though
in a whole new folder....
( the default one not the one i specified )

which leads me to problem 3
the downloader now has a whole list of games that are currently not "prepared" in its new download folder
when and if the witcher finishes downloading wil ti jump to the next game in the list
( zork grand inquisitor )
or the next game that was last added ( dark fall 2 lights out )
and if it does jump to dark fall 2
how do i flush the now not working download listings ?
hercufles: 1. 3.3.5
2. Windows 7 64 bit
3. Dutch
4. firefox 17.0.1
6.An annoying problem. When I download the game and I want to open it by pressing the icon next to the fil magnifying glass It always goes to my documents but the settings clearly state that everything goesto c:\gog.com so it keeps opening a map it didnt download it to.
Thank you for reporting this issue, it will be fixed in the new version.

goplanet: I tried using the Downloader today (Windows 7, 3.3.5). I hibernated the computer while the downloader was paused. Upon resuming the download, it got to the end of the file and just kept downloading and downloading. Finally I paused it again for a couple minutes. When I resumed it again, it immediately started the next file. Well, of course the file it had been stuck on was corrupted and useless. I wound up scrapping the whole folder, uninstalling GOG Downloader and manually downloading from scratch.

I won't be trying the Downloader again any time soon.
Could you post (or upload on any pastebin-like service ) your log file please? You can find it as follow:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com
Hey

I'm getting a File Not Found error when I try to download with the Downloader (3.4.4).

"Firefox can't find the file at gogdownloader://faster_than_light/p272."

I have reinstalled and still having the same problem.

Karl
My Downloader is Chrashing at startup no matter what I do!
Karlallen: "Firefox can't find the file at gogdownloader://faster_than_light/p272."
This is a problem with Firefox having incorrect entries for the gogdownloader:// protocol. Go to Options->Applications, find gogdownloader and change action to the default one, should work. If that fails, remove the entry in firefox and reinstall the downloader.
AleksRKO: My Downloader is Chrashing at startup no matter what I do!
Could it be that you have it set to download to an external drive, that is not available atm? If so, reconnect the drive and try again.
Alternative tests, try starting the downloader without adding a game (use the start menu), and/or verify your .NET installation. I assume that the downloader was working before but it started crashing recently, do tell if you never got it to work.

Also, when reporting problems, it helps if you at least mention the OS you are using.
Post edited December 23, 2012 by JMich
Karlallen: "Firefox can't find the file at gogdownloader://faster_than_light/p272."
JMich: This is a problem with Firefox having incorrect entries for the gogdownloader:// protocol. Go to Options->Applications, find gogdownloader and change action to the default one, should work. If that fails, remove the entry in firefox and reinstall the downloader.
AleksRKO: My Downloader is Chrashing at startup no matter what I do!
JMich: Could it be that you have it set to download to an external drive, that is not available atm? If so, reconnect the drive and try again.
Alternative tests, try starting the downloader without adding a game (use the start menu), and/or verify your .NET installation. I assume that the downloader was working before but it started crashing recently, do tell if you never got it to work.

Also, when reporting problems, it helps if you at least mention the OS you are using.
Hi, yeah I'm sorry about my VERY limited post! It was the problem with the harddrives, beacuse 2 extarnal drives had traded placed, so I deleted everything gog in my LocalApp folder and redownloaded the Downloader, works like a dream! THanks for replying to my stupid post xD
AleksRKO: Hi, yeah I'm sorry about my VERY limited post! It was the problem with the harddrives, beacuse 2 extarnal drives had traded placed, so I deleted everything gog in my LocalApp folder and redownloaded the Downloader, works like a dream! THanks for replying to my stupid post xD
Just an FYI, the location of the downloads can be found (and modified) in the registry, at the HKCU\Software\GOG.com\GOGDownloader in the key named DownloadFolder. You should be able to directly modify that, if the currently set location can't be accessed, for whatever reason.
The GOG Downloader only seems to do an integrity check if the file it's trying to download has met a minimum size, which has led to weird file corruption issues for me in the past.

I've prepared some instructions and a .zip file for anyone that wants to help me reproduce this issue. The repro in question assumes you have Duke Nukem 3D added to your GOG account, since it was free a little while back.

Instructions are here:
http://pastebin.com/mtKVb1pC

And a .zip file with the files needed to help reproduce this can be found here:
[url=http://bapa.homeunix.net/~bapa/duke_check_GOG.zip]http://bapa.homeunix.net/~bapa/duke_check_GOG.zip[/url]
Post edited December 23, 2012 by Bapabooiee
Bapabooiee: The GOG Downloader only seems to do an integrity check if the file it's trying to download has met a minimum size, which has led to weird file corruption issues for me in the past.
I was under the impression that the downloader doesn't do an integrity check when adding files, it only checks if name and size match. If the downloader downloads something though, it will do the integrity check in the end.
May I ask (again) for a "Verify Files" option for the downloader?
1. 3.3.5.0 (stable)
2. Windows 7
3. English
6. This is an oddity, but, for some inexplicable reason the past few downloader versions have failed to function properly, each simply cease working at 10 MB or 20 MB with no noticeable error or reason. I checked the log and there doesn't appear to be any oddities, it just stops. The program is allowed through my firewall and antivirus software and is run in administrator mode. Furthermore, I have attempted changing the number of connections and clearing the local data folder, yet nothing has succeeded. Any assistance with this matter would be well appreciated.
Gerbilforce: 1. 3.3.5.0 (stable)
2. Windows 7
3. English
6. This is an oddity, but, for some inexplicable reason the past few downloader versions have failed to function properly, each simply cease working at 10 MB or 20 MB with no noticeable error or reason. I checked the log and there doesn't appear to be any oddities, it just stops. The program is allowed through my firewall and antivirus software and is run in administrator mode. Furthermore, I have attempted changing the number of connections and clearing the local data folder, yet nothing has succeeded. Any assistance with this matter would be well appreciated.
Same problem, except my last few downloads have stopped 10 to 20MBs before the download is complete. Had to download again using Windows.

For me, no matter what GOG does, the downloader has always been the worst one I've ever used...... anywhere. I honestly don't know why I waste any more time with it as it just simply doesn't work very well. For me, it never has. :(

Ah well, next time I'll just download with the Firefox add-on I use. That takes a little bit longer but works every time.

I'm officially finished with GOG's downloader. Love everything else about GOG but, for me, this thing is crap.
Gerbilforce: 1. 3.3.5.0 (stable)
2. Windows 7
3. English
This issue has been already reported, and will be fixed in the new version of the downloader. We would like to apologize for the problems this issue has caused.
1. 3.3.5.0 (Stable)
2. Windows 8 Professional
3. English
4. Internet Explorer 10
6. I was able to install and download all my games in their entirety, but now when I open the downloader to download a recent purchase there is nothing listed in the downloader, and I can't use it to download anything.