It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
I'm using the GoG Downloader, and each and every time I use it, I'm asked if I want to install Foxit Reader. Is this part of the GOG download, or is it malware, or what? We really should get a heads-up about such an install. I don't remember seeing this notification before.
Natus: I'm asked if I want to install Foxit Reader.
FoxIt Reader is a free PDF reader that is included with all the game installers, and you are asked if you want to install it if your system doesn't have the pdf extension registered with a program. I've no idea if it's included with the downloader as well, but so far I haven't encountered it. Try installing a pdf reader (Acrobat Reader for example) and see if the installer will ask you again if you want to install Foxit.
Szulak: Could you guys delete current log file (the huge one), try to reproduce downloader issue and post here (or use copy-paste service like pastebin) new log file?
I deleted the log file, started the downloader and closed it again to lose all the downloaded data. And this is the text from the newly created log file:-

Click Me
Natus: I'm using the GoG Downloader, and each and every time I use it, I'm asked if I want to install Foxit Reader. Is this part of the GOG download, or is it malware, or what? We really should get a heads-up about such an install. I don't remember seeing this notification before.
Never faced this , but i always install a pdf reader apart. (adobe reader) , foxit reader isn't bad .

if it's proposed , well i can understand this , but , to me it shoudn't (in my opinion) . If they want to do like this , i think another approach would be better : like putting a link to acrobat reader or foxit reader (whatever the reader in fact) alonside the page where the gog downloader can it dowloaded (again it's my opinion)

er , no as said above , foxit reader isn't a malware ;)
Post edited November 17, 2012 by DyNaer
Please make it remember the last installed location. There's something annoying about having to change it from c:\program files (etc) every time you install a game. This has to be a piece of cake to implement.

As for the Foxit reader thing, well I just assumed that was a sponsorship thing - but thinking about it, if it's free and doesn't keep trying to sell you a "premium" version, I suppose it's just an honest attempt at helping people out who don't know what a PDF is, to stop them contacting customer support with silly questions.
Post edited November 17, 2012 by Export
Export: Please make it remember the last installed location. There's something annoying about having to change it from c:\program files (etc) every time you install a game. This has to be a piece of cake to implement.
Installer issue again, not downloader. Installers with a version 2.x.x.x already remember last installed location, and it's stored in the registry. Installers with a version of 1.x.x.x do not remember the last one, thus use the default.
I've been told that GOG.com is hoping to have updated all installers by first quarter of 2013, but I don't recall such a post anywhere.
Export: Please make it remember the last installed location. There's something annoying about having to change it from c:\program files (etc) every time you install a game. This has to be a piece of cake to implement.

As for the Foxit reader thing, well I just assumed that was a sponsorship thing - but thinking about it, if it's free and doesn't keep trying to sell you a "premium" version, I suppose it's just an honest attempt at helping people out who don't know what a PDF is, to stop them contacting customer support with silly questions.
The point is ; if people don't know what a PDF is , they probably won't know what Foxit Reader is or do .

Now, i installed a game with the new installer and :

1 - yes the reader is proposed , but optional (and the box is not checked to install it) ; maybe because i have adobe reader , maybe not ^^

2 - yes i noticed too that the installer recall the path where the game was installed , Can't decide if it's a bad thing or not :P
Post edited November 18, 2012 by DyNaer
DyNaer: 1 - yes the reader is proposed , but optional (and the box is not checked to install it) ; maybe because i have adobe reader , maybe not ^^
That's odd, for me it was ticked by default and I also have Adobe Reader installed. Hmm, strange.
Maybe , it depends the game you installed (some could have this ticked even with another pdf reader installed)

i tested this with Beneath a Steel Sky , i have Adobe Reader X (not XI) installed under Windows 7 64 bit
Actually the installer checks in registry if current user has any program associated with .pdf files. If yes then Foxit box is unchecked, otherwise it's checked. Games without manual etc. in pdf shouldn't have Foxit included at all, otherwise it doesn't depend on the game.

I'll look into why this check fails for some people.
having a little trouble tried to download back to the future developers commentary and it got stuck at the end clicked pause then resume said it was finished but file was nowhere near the size it should be and strangly if i held down f5 where the file was at it would go up in size

http://codepad.org/NLA9bmVY
Post edited November 19, 2012 by GaminggUy45
Downloader 3.2.22
Win 7
English
Couldn't find app data for some reason

Anyways, every time i boot up the gog downloader it goes straight to "Gog downloader is not responding" and I reinstalled Adobe Air, and the downloader multiple times and I don't know what to do.
DirtyDan: Anyways, every time i boot up the gog downloader it goes straight to "Gog downloader is not responding" [...]
Are you running GOG Downloader with administrator rights? To find App data path, press [Windows button] + R, type "%APPDATA% and hit enter. Now, you must go one level up and
open "Local" path; there should be a folder called "GOG.com", where inside you can find log file. Post it here or upload on any copy-paste service please.

GaminggUy45: having a little trouble tried to download back to [...]
Did the game has been downloaded correctly? I meant, can You launch it now? It looks like there is still issue with showing a progress of download on the last chunk.

Szulak: Could you guys delete current log file (the huge one), try to reproduce downloader issue and post here (or use copy-paste service like pastebin) new log file?
archisbhatt: I deleted the log file, started the downloader and closed it again to lose all the downloaded data. And this is the text from the newly created log file:-

Click Me
Since it's not technically possible to check how much of bonus content has been downloaded, the downloaded starts to download bonus content again. It might change in future, anyway the only one solution for this issue, is download a bonus in one "session of downloading".

JacobD88: No worries, thanks Szulak, here's a partial log file (I can't paste all 600+ lines of stack errors, or the log start, it won't let me) with S2 Steel Storm
It looks like any process attempted to gain an access to game files, what caused such errors. What antivirus or any spyware protection are you using? Does this problem occurs on every game, or just on that one?
Szulak: To find App data path, press [Windows button] + R, type "%APPDATA% and hit enter. Now, you must go one level up and
open "Local" path; there should be a folder called "GOG.com", where inside you can find log file. Post it here or upload on any copy-paste service please.
Just a quick note, you can use %LOCALAPPDATA% to go directly to "AppData\Local" instead of "AppData\Roaming", with the necessary changes due to language or windows version.
Not that much of a difference, but it may help someone else who is looking for that folder.
Szulak: To find App data path, press [Windows button] + R, type "%APPDATA% and hit enter. Now, you must go one level up and
JMich: Just a quick note, you can use %LOCALAPPDATA% to go directly to "AppData\Local" instead of "AppData\Roaming", with the necessary changes due to language or windows version.
Not that much of a difference, but it may help someone else who is looking for that folder.
Didn't know about it tbh. Thanks :)