It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
wormholewizards: How to clear the downloader's cache? Or something similar like that. Because the downloader is attempting to redownload Dungeon Keeper for the umpteenth time. Removing it from the list will remove the downloaded files as well. Not sure why this haven't been fixed yet.
Well, for me this was no problem: after I deleted it from the list in the downloader, the downloaded files of DKI still exist.

But I found an other tiny bug: when the downloader is minimized to the taskbar (as a tiny icon in the right bottom of the screen), I right click on it's icon and then left click anywhere else on the screen, the downloader opens. It should then of course close the right click menu, but instead it opens the downloader.
Post edited February 16, 2014 by mrtnptrs
You need to stop making the downloader remove files when you remove something from the list. When the downloader fucks up and stops on a file, the user will try removing it from the list only to be shocked the the stupid fucking software removes the entry above it!

I'm going off to find some docs.
for some reason the GOG downloader deletes the queue after i turn off my pc.

ie: i begin downloading a game, reach x%, i shut down for whatever reason and when i turn it on again there are no games in the list. i have to go to gog.com manually click download for the game and in the client it resumes at whatever % it was before i shut down.

i seriously doubt it but, is this normal behavior?
J_Darnley: You need to stop making the downloader remove files when you remove something from the list. When the downloader fucks up and stops on a file, the user will try removing it from the list only to be shocked the the stupid fucking software removes the entry above it!
This please. Never should the download delete files, nor allow user to delete files through downloader.

The downloader should be just for downloading and checking file integrity/hashes.

edit: typo/grammer
Post edited February 23, 2014 by gbaz69
Alright, here's my problem. It has happened several times and last time it happened again 2 days ago.
All of a sudden while i was downloading games from the Downloader and also was playing Batman : Arkham City, the downloader stopped and from that time i cannot download anything.
What exactly happened was i had Bloodrayne, Cat Lady, Carmageddon and one more game in the GOGDloader.
Bloodrayne was finished, then Cat Lady stopped and all the others were not touched.
From that day on whenever i try to download something, it's just not possible. Even if i click to download a new game, it just won't happen.

Tried changing folders, deleting local content, uninstalling and reinstalling GOGDloader with also deleting the folder, but nothing happened.

Still not fixed.

THis is what i get :
Attachments:
Epitaph666: Still not fixed.
Remove the .bin files (or even better, everything) from %localappdata%\GOG.com and try readding the games. If that doesn't help, take a look at logger.log and see what the error message is.
I've deleted all the files.
Actually i deleted the folders of the game. And then restarted GOGDloader. Nothing happened.
Then i unintalled it/reinstalled.... Still Nothing. THe downloader still shows the games on the queue and i can't remove them from there.

I even installed it on a different Disk and the problem still persists. What the hell am i supposed to do?
Epitaph666: I've deleted all the files.
Which files? The ones located in %localappdata%\GOG.com or the ones located in the download location?
The downloader keeps its settings (and downloading games) at the local application data folder, which is a hidden one. Removing the files from there resets the downloader. Removing the files from the download location does nothing to the downloader.
Onin: The downloader doesn't work for me under windows 8. It installs just fine, but trying to add any game to the client just results in nothing happening. I've tried running both the downloader and the installer as admin with no success.

I think the problem has to do with windows failing to associate the gogdownloader extension with the downloader. I have the same issue with .torrent files not being associated with my torrent client. I'm sure there's some way to edit the register to fix this issue?
Still having this issue. :(
Onin: Still having this issue. :(
What browser are you using? As I recall, Win8 has 2 different browser types, the desktop ones and the RT ones. RT applications are not allowed to interact with desktop applications, thus they cannot pass the downloader links to the downloader.
Does this happen with all browsers, or specific one(s) only?
I've only tried it with Chrome, so I'm not sure if others would or wouldn't work.

Trying to copy the downloader install link and pasting it in Explorer leads to Windows stating it has no idea what to open it with (and it won't let me select anything).
Post edited February 26, 2014 by Onin
Sorry for the delay JMich.
For some strange reason the problem was bypassed for one day. I don't know what exactly happened, but it completed 4 downloads with no problems.
But the next day it had "The Cat Lady" again and "Carmageddon" on queue.

So i did what you said. Deleted those files from both disks, and BAM! Problem solved!
Thanks!
Onin: I've only tried it with Chrome, so I'm not sure if others would or wouldn't work.

Trying to copy the downloader install link and pasting it in Explorer leads to Windows stating it has no idea what to open it with (and it won't let me select anything).
Take a look at post 2229 and post 2243, though it seems that Chrome + Win8 is the cause of trouble :/
Onin: I've only tried it with Chrome, so I'm not sure if others would or wouldn't work.

JMich: Take a look at post 2229 and post 2243, though it seems that Chrome + Win8 is the cause of trouble :/
Both of those solutions worked, thank you!

As I thought the main issue was the registry not being updated, for some reason Win8 (or at least my win8) constantly gets that issue.
Ok cool guide.