It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
API page opens fine, but the downloader never seems to get past "connecting..."
downloading directly from the gog website works fine though
It works properly on Mac. Looks like the problem is only with the windows client. I tested the .Net installation using the Microsoft .Net verifier, no errors found. I deleted the Gog.com folder in AppData/Local, same error again. I have not tried re-installing the downloader.
Yesterday I bought some games and installed the latest version of the downloader and got the same exception as harishjp:

Stack trace: at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeMain(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.AssignToPropertyOrField(Object propertyValue, Object o, String memberName, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertDictionaryToObject(IDictionary`2 dictionary, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeInternal(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeMain(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.AssignToPropertyOrField(Object propertyValue, Object o, String memberName, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertDictionaryToObject(IDictionary`2 dictionary, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeInternal(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.ObjectConverter.ConvertObjectToTypeMain(Object o, Type type, JavaScriptSerializer serializer, Boolean throwOnError, Object& convertedObject)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize[T](String input)
at GOGCompanionApp.AppWindow.LoginUser()
Inner exception:

EDIT:
I tried reinstalling, deleting the AppData folder, disabling firewall and antivirus, running as administrator. Today I even tried from my work network and I always get that exception.
Post edited August 06, 2013 by exirrah
Same issue

The link works for me "gog.com downloader api status: ok"
The link works but the Downloader sticks at 'Connecting'

Perfect timing for Dragon Commander's release -_-
Same issue for me.
Windows version. Client resintalled, GoG.com removed, nothing helps. End with same stacktrace in log....
Posting this because of the exact same issue as others.

Connecting...
Venom: We're still investigating Downloader connectivity issues. If you're having trouble logging in, could please confirm that you are able to open this page: http://api.gog.com/status
Koradril: Works for me.

I've never ordered a new game from GOG before, and I can't say i'll be doing it again. Had I gotten Dragon Commander elsewhere, i'd be playing by now. As it stands, the manual downloads don't install properly, and the downloader still doesn't work after trying everything recommended in this thread.
Oh please! If steam servers are down during winter sale, then what - no steam again whatsoever? If someone screwed up when laying new asphalt, then never driving again?
Yes, it's bad. Bad things happen. Obviously. Not a reason to say "never again". Read a book, watch your favorite movie... Not the worst day of your life, eh? Peace )
I think I picked the wrong time to have a craving for Roller Coaster Tycoon again. First it doesn't work no matter what fixes I run on it from the base CD version of the game, then I buy it from here and the downloader isn't even functioning. I'm just not very lucky. Oh, and yes that link says all's OK for me.
Post edited August 06, 2013 by GrandpaAhab
Link is working for me (gog.com downloader api status: ok), but downloader still can´t connect... :-(
Same issue for me trying to download Dragon Commander, stuck at connecting... with the downloader.
Downloader issues should now be resolved, please re-launch the application and log in again. Sorry for the delays with access to your games, we've been working around the clock to get everything into order.
Venom: Downloader issues should now be resolved, please re-launch the application and log in again. Sorry for the delays with access to your games, we've been working around the clock to get everything into order.
Confirmed all working now. Thanks GOG.
Venom: Downloader issues should now be resolved, please re-launch the application and log in again. Sorry for the delays with access to your games, we've been working around the clock to get everything into order.
Thanks, seems to be working.. at least the download has started and is working away!
It's working now. Thank you!