It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pheace: Achievements, Total Hours Played simply can't be hidden.
These are hidden if you used privacy option from the very start, aka did not use Galaxy at all :D /s
Pheace: Achievements, Total Hours Played simply can't be hidden.
Lexor: These are hidden if you used privacy option from the very start, aka did not use Galaxy at all :D /s
lol mine's showing 50h played despite my games list only having one game with any game time and it's 1 minute. Maybe it's supposed to be 50 seconds.
Pheace: Looks like Games Owned, Achievements, Total Hours Played simply can't be hidden.
Yup. The number of "Games owned" in particular can be a dangerous information to display if you don't want to.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by user deleted
high rated
elcook: Hope you like the feature.
I don't. Let me hide the number of games I own. How on earth did you arrive at a set up where with everything set to max privacy this is still publicly displayed?

Come on. I'm not being unreasonable here. I know I can come off as paranoid or obnoxious sometimes, I get overly worked up about some stuff. I know. But this is not one of those times. I just want my "profile" which I didn't want in the first place to entirely, 100% private. Please, fix this.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Breja
elcook: ..
Did you ask someone to "fix" my wallet, because now it is even more broken..
elcook: ..
xyem: Did you ask someone to "fix" my wallet, because now it is even more broken..
What happened to your GOG Wallet?
low rated
richlind33: On the other hand, Facebook is a toxic shithole that promotes and profits from consumer ignorance, so maybe there's good reason to be pissed about GOG partnering up with another sleazy, backstabbing outfit.
So you're pissed because GOG offered a (completely voluntary and optional) "Login with Facebook" option that's extremely bog-standard for about a zillion other websites and apps at this point, which means GOG was just catching up to adding a feature that was, again, extremely common and normal for everywhere else on the web. Good to know the sane and proportional reactions that convince people to take you seriously continue.

Also, yay, the game library option is indeed locked to GOG-only and thus mostly useless for me. Hooray. :/
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Jeysie
xyem: Did you ask someone to "fix" my wallet, because now it is even more broken..
elcook: What happened to your GOG Wallet?
It says I have used one amount on the wallet page but there a different amount on the order itself, which is leaving me with wallet funds I don't think I should have.
high rated
richlind33: On the other hand, Facebook is a toxic shithole that promotes and profits from consumer ignorance, so maybe there's good reason to be pissed about GOG partnering up with another sleazy, backstabbing outfit.
Jeysie: So you're pissed because GOG offered a (completely voluntary and optional) "Login with Facebook" option that's extremely bog-standard for about a zillion other websites and apps at this point, which means GOG was just catching up to adding a feature that was, again, extremely common and normal for everywhere else on the web. Good to know the sane and proportional reactions that convince people to take you seriously continue.

Also, yay, the game library option is indeed locked to GOG-only and thus mostly useless for me. Hooray. :/
Stop equating things being common with things being right. It's not always a good thing to jump on every bandwagon. In fact, it usually isn't. Seriously, regardless of the particualrs of this situation, this "but everyone is doing it" is just about the worst, most worthless and often downright harmfull way of thinking imaginable.
low rated
Breja: Stop equating things being common with things being right.
OK, I'll equate right things with being right. Offering Facebook logins as an option is convenient for people who want to avail themselves of it and also does things like help protect against password theft by reducing the number of passwords you're giving out/creating. It can also provide cloud backups for things like savegames.

Like I said earlier, it's a tradeoff. Some people are OK with giving some of their data because the convenience is worth it to them. Other people are more concerned about as much privacy as possible.

And the problem here is that the "as much privacy as possible" people keep screaming bloody murder when companies offer options to the "tradeoff" people. How about you not do that? If you don't want to use an option, then don't, and likewise you have the right to ask for an opt-out so you can truly not use it.

But stop then going on to complain because other people who aren't you get options for their own use.

paladin181: You are kidding right? There is no sensitive personal data being released here. I'm all for the concept of the default should protect the user, not exploit. But this isn't against the GDPR.
But don't you know? Finding out you played The Witcher for 5 hours last week and you own some Sierra games too is just sooooooooooo personal and surely going to ruin your life forever if the web finds out about your super sekrit Fallout obsession. [/s]

Like honestly, it's just silly listening to some of the people handwringing over "oh no people can see all of my library!" If you're that ashamed of being a gamer, maybe you should find a hobby you're more proud of?

Also with people complaining about forum replies being visible: google "site:gog.com [your username]" because GOG's forums are public webpages. It's already not secret anyway. This is what I meant about the genie being out of the bottle and privacy options being bandaids on arterial wounds and not putting on the internet anything you don't want known at all.
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Jeysie
GOG Profile is so buggy that it mixed several different languages in the game list.
And, the count of game numbers is wrong.
xyem: It says I have used one amount on the wallet page but there a different amount on the order itself, which is leaving me with wallet funds I don't think I should have.
Could you please submit a ticket to our support, ideally with screenshots attached. From the backend all looks to be ok, but if you say there are any errors, it would be good to check it. Thanks.
high rated
Jeysie: But stop then going on to complain because other people who aren't you get options for their own use.
We still have the right to complain about GOG partnering up with a company whose policies and/or actions we find objectionable. As was already discussed elsewhere, just because I don't use facebook, it unfortuantely does not mean that it's existance and policies have no impact on me and the world I live in.

elcook: Could you please submit a ticket to our support, ideally with screenshots attached. From the backend all looks to be ok, but if you say there are any errors, it would be good to check it. Thanks.
I'm glad to see you're here and monitoring the thread. Any chance you might want to respond in any way to the issue with certain information being displayed publicly even with all options set to private?
Post edited April 23, 2018 by Breja
low rated
Breja: We still have the right to complain about GOG partnering up with a company whose policies and/or actions we find objectionable.
So IOW you're complaining about GOG giving options to people who want to use them, that you are entirely free to not use if you don't wish to, because you think everyone should be forced to do things the same way you do them.

Which I guess doesn't surprise me, since these threads in general have been all about some people engaging in mass hysteria over GOG finally offering a feature many other people had asked for.

elcook: Could you please submit a ticket to our support, ideally with screenshots attached. From the backend all looks to be ok, but if you say there are any errors, it would be good to check it. Thanks.
Since you're here, do you think there's any chance of asking the highups to offer any way for those of us with non-GOG friends to share our libraries with them? :/
high rated
Breja: We still have the right to complain about GOG partnering up with a company whose policies and/or actions we find objectionable.
Jeysie: So IOW you're complaining about GOG giving options to people who want to use them, that you are entirely free to not use if you don't wish to, because you think everyone should be forced to do things the same way you do them.
Congratulations on not understanding a single word of what I said.