It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
low rated
HEY GOG! Wake up and get into the insults and foul language aimed at you.Have some pride and tell them to back off.
high rated
At that point I'm a bit confused. I set everything in my privacy settings to private yesterday after they introduced new settings and initialized them not with private. Now I would expect that everything is private but judging from the comments here it isn't.

Can somebody check my profile and tell me what he sees?

Because I really think the number of games I own is just my business and I would be somewhat (really a lot actually) angry at GOG.com for acting so stupid, if it were actually displaying this information.
low rated
Trilarion: At that point I'm a bit confused. I set everything in my privacy settings to private yesterday after they introduced new settings and initialized them not with private. Now I would expect that everything is private but judging from the comments here it isn't.

Can somebody check my profile and tell me what he sees?

Because I really think the number of games I own is just my business and I would be somewhat (really a lot actually) angry at GOG.com for acting so stupid, if it were actually displaying this information.
176 games and that's it.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: * snip *
That's a great post, despite some hyperbole.

Attempt at a TL;DR:

The three remaining stats are part of a customer loyalty scheme that has been made into a competitive game.
Participation in that game should be optional.
Tauto: ...
176 games and that's it.
Thanks for checking.

That's good and bad. The number of games owned is already something I didn't really want to spread around. I will have to send a message and ask GOG to not do that or otherwise face the consequences (whatever they will be...).
high rated
Tauto: ...
176 games and that's it.
Trilarion: Thanks for checking.

That's good and bad. The number of games owned is already something I didn't really want to spread around. I will have to send a message and ask GOG to not do that or otherwise face the consequences (whatever they will be...).
And your total achievements and playtime but they're both 0 so you probably never use Galaxy.
Tauto: So,you are an unknown person on the other side of the world that has a problem with someone seeing the number of games owned? Give me a break!
News at eleven. Big baby still trying to trigger people. *yawn*
Post edited April 25, 2018 by Pheace
high rated
tfishell: I don't know if it bears repeating or not, but if this change causes you to start spending less money on GOG (the main thing that counts), consider letting GOG know why
That's a good point in theory.
When GOG did their fake shutdown stunt, I took my money to DotEmu for a while then.

Unfortunately, there aren't as many DRM-free options available now as there used to be, so spending less money here probably means buying less games in general.
high rated
Tauto: ... So,you are an unknown person on the other side of the world that has a problem with someone seeing the number of games owned? Give me a break!
I think that it's just none of your or anyone else business. That's it. Do I have to say more? In my eyes, displaying any personal information without prior consent is just something that one doesn't do.

Of course, I guess that other people have a more relaxed attitude toward it. People have different opinions. I wrote a short and polite message to GOG asking them to stop doing that for me. Let's see how they react. I hope they stop doing it but if not I will be angry. I guess they got this message.
Post edited April 25, 2018 by Trilarion
low rated
Tauto: ... So,you are an unknown person on the other side of the world that has a problem with someone seeing the number of games owned? Give me a break!
Trilarion: I think that it's just none of your or anyone else business. That's it. Do I have to say more? In my eyes, displaying any personal information without prior consent is just something that one doesn't do.

Of course, I guess that other people have a more relaxed attitude toward it. People have different opinions. I wrote a short and polite message to GOG asking them to stop doing that for me. Let's see how they react.
Sure.I understand the privacy bit,but people need to be realistic.
dear gog:

thank you SO MUCH for the random friend request that i just got from someone i don't know.

declined. sorry whoever you are, but i don't know you from a bar of soap.
high rated
Thanks GOG. As you have revealed everyone's game counts, I now know that someone I know outside of GOG has multiple accounts here (or has been lying about the number of games they own as the count on their profile is way less than shown in the screenshot of their owned games).

Luckily, as a friend I know them pretty well and I can hazard a good guess as to why they have done this, but what could I do with this information if I didn't like them? Spread around that they are a liar with this "proof" around groups they no longer participate in so they don't get chance to explain? Sew some distrust between them and a friend that doesn't know them as well as I do? Contact their employer and demonstrate that they are untrustworthy (maybe get them fired as their particular job demands a high amount of trust)? Perhaps even call the police and report them for copyright infringement? With video evidence of launching games they "don't own" on GOG, may be at least able to get them to drop by for a visit..

Those who say revealing a single number is harmless simply lack imagination.
lostwolfe: dear gog:

thank you SO MUCH for the random friend request that i just got from someone i don't know.

declined. sorry whoever you are, but i don't know you from a bar of soap.
Tauto: Well,maybe........it was a bar of soap.
might have been.

i'm not finding out, though :P
low rated
Tauto: Well,maybe........it was a bar of soap.
lostwolfe: might have been.

Well,I get a lot of friend invites and I delete straight away and never look back.It's really easy.
Post edited April 25, 2018 by Tauto
high rated
Tauto: ... Sure.I understand the privacy bit,but people need to be realistic.
You mean we should have seen it coming with the installers that try to sneak in Galaxy and everything else in the past? Maybe.

But these profiles are just not what I want. I'm here for playing games and for having a nice discussions with others. I really don't want to be part of a social network of some sort.

In order to get what I want to have to make my voice heard. I have to complain with GOG because unfortunately they have lost the spirit of their early days by now and the only thing that changes things with GOG is threatening them to lose a customer. So that's what I'm doing. In a way, it's like in politics. You have to sound credible if you are making threats. I have to sound credibly angry or nothing will change. In fact, this recent move was one too much and I'm really angry at GOG now.

Was this a realistic estimation of what is happening also with the others in this thread?
high rated
lostwolfe: might have been.

Tauto: Well,I get a lot of friend invites and I delete straight away and never look back.It's really easy.
and that's fine.

though you're sort of missing the point. i /mostly/ come to gog to buy games. socializing is a sort of dim secondary activity, and i will do so on the forums. there are a handful of people that i know in real life who i am ok with talking to through gog, but - if you'll pardon my bluntness - most of you are just a group of folks on the internet that i have no real attachment to [though, of course, we share an affinity for drm-free games.]

bearing all that in mind, i will reach out to the people i am interested in talking to on my own terms [typically not through gog.] we will eventually meet up here if we have some gaming to do together, but that will be a mutually agreed upon conversation that we will have together.

just being here and just having random friend requests isn't something i want.