It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
high rated
GRRRRROOOOOOAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGRRRRRR
Chewbacca1: GRRRRROOOOOOAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGRRRRRR
Now there's a guy who gets it. You tell 'em, Chewie!
high rated
It seems I have missed the gog.com email about this change. Either that or they didnt send one? If they didn't , that's seriously weird, as the default public profile functionality is such a major feature to introduce under the radar like that. Instead of receiving an official news email about it, I just bumped into it randomly as I happened to visit the site. Hmmh. Immediately turned everything off in the opt-out privacy settings.
high rated
Nokatus: It seems I have missed the gog.com email about this change. Either that or they didnt send one? If they didn't , that's seriously weird, as the default public profile functionality is such a major feature to introduce under the radar like that. Instead of receiving an official news email about it, I just bumped into it randomly as I happened to visit the site. Hmmh. Immediately turned everything off in the opt-out privacy settings.
no notification

subversive fuckers, they are
high rated
sjgm_: It might not be the most desirable thing, but it's cute and works. And the most important thng: it's optional.
No it's not if we still have information shared with the world with no way to hide it.
high rated
I don't know if it bears repeating or not, but if this change causes you to start spending less money on GOG (the main thing that counts), consider letting GOG know why - message Support: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=other
high rated
tfishell: I don't know if it bears repeating or not, but if this change causes you to start spending less money on GOG (the main thing that counts), consider letting GOG know why - message Support: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?form=other
This is for sure already influencing my spending habits; I don't intend to buy any more GOG-galaxy dependant games in the near future anymore.
high rated
goblinskr: How I can hide my profile?
I want this info to be private.
In Steam my profile is hidden, so i want in GOG do the same.

upd: figured out already
In Steam my profile is hidden as well. In GOG everyone can see how many games you have and Galaxy statistics.
Privacy is a lie.
https://www.gog.com/downloader
There are simplier downloader, if you don't want to use galaxy whatsoever. It don't disable your profile though, but still something.
Dorzalty: I like it, a lot. I do have suggestions, though most of it will probably already be on the "to do" list anyway.

1) Revitalize the chat feature. The status dumping reminds me too much of Facebook and I can't stand that. Thread style even with the current character limits would be way better. I mean, it is our profiles, right? I wouldn't mind one bit the style change clogging some space.
2) More customization options. The lacking feature of Steam, unless you buy games and forge stuff, which requires $$$, but even then it is pretty lackluster.
3) Favorite Game Feature Badge. Just something neat you could do that players could show off their current or all time favorite game. It could just be the icon of the game, anything.

Just some thoughts. Overall, when I saw the announcement I was excited, though mostly because anything new for GOG means great things for the site and customers (and potential for new customers). I'm of course still waiting for that Linux Galaxy client, but I'm grateful for the cool new feature! Keep up the great work! :)
Alexim: If you want you can write your suggestions in this thread that BKGaming created specifically for suggestions and bugs report:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/profile_feedback_general_suggestions_bugs/page1
Thank you!
Kaguya-hime: https://www.gog.com/downloader
There are simplier downloader, if you don't want to use galaxy whatsoever. It don't disable your profile though, but still something.
It's still working, but nobody knows when they'll totally abandon it. Just to be sure you are aware of that.

There are alternatives, but none are officials (aside the client or the usual download with your browser)

Be aware aswell they pushed the cllent in some games and this version is proposed by default (no possibility so far to opt-out for the classic installer by default). As far i know there're working on an opt-out otpion (but since so long , now, i lost my trust in them)
Post edited April 25, 2018 by DyNaer
high rated
Set everything I could to "me only" but I can't see a way to turn off showing if I am "online" or not! This is a massive annoyance of mine for even lots of web forums, etc. already. Is there seriously no way yet to hide when we are online or visiting GOG from being totally public?!?!

Also: the hours played seems pointless to display for non-Galaxy users anyway... it shows zero for all my games, of course (since I've never used Galaxy) but includes lots of games I've not even played and just bought either on a whim or by mistake. Certainly not stuff that would reflect what I actually play... I guess that's good in that it actually helps privacy in a way by acting as a smokescreen (someone trying to profile the type of games I like for sales info would be end up very wrong if they used this shown game list) but it makes the whole "show for non-Galaxy users anyway" seem even more pointless to me.
high rated
Not fully caught up in here, just posting to say three things:

- Filled a ticket (#244025) regarding the horrible job they've done regarding the non-communication and privacy violations. Made suggestions about needed changes and fixes. Also told them to offer more options to those asking for wider publicity. Let's see which ones they tackle first, if any.

- I want to publicly thank GOG for making me the recipient of friend invites from people I not only haven't heard before but with whom I have exactly zero mutual friends. All while I've got my social settings set to "only me", and the visibility check-box unticked. Keep up the great work, GOG, and give yourselves a pat on the back, you surely deserve it.

- I've created a community wishlist here requesting notifications for forum replies to be restored to their original place in the bell, and encourage people to vote for it, and if possible, to additionally file a support ticket.

Last but not least, here's also the link to the community wishlist entry requesting true privacy control for those who want it. A few hours before we hit the 48hrs since the launch of profiles, it stands at 319 votes.
Lukaszmik: The next logical step is for GOG to start "monetizing" all this information.

After all, they are a for-profit company, and we have long surrendered all our right to privacy via the EULA, whether we liked the change to it or not.

Tired of all the "I told you so"s voiced over the years on similar topics. People bloody never learn.
In EU EULAs do have limited power. See for example:
[url=http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/bibliotheque/briefing/2013/130624/LDM_BRI(2013)130624_REV1_EN.pdf]http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/bibliotheque/briefing/2013/130624/LDM_BRI(2013)130624_REV1_EN.pdf[/url]
At least in Germany companies can also get into trouble (getting sued by them) with consumer protection agencies just for adding potentially questionable parts to EULAs without trying to use/enforce them.

Edit: url forum cant handle the link so I removed the formatting.
Edit 2: It now automatically added dysfunctional url formatting.....
Post edited April 25, 2018 by Zrevnur
high rated
And one more thing before I had off - for those still not getting the issue with private profiles displaying total number of games, number of achievements, and hours of playtime, here's an analogy I've been thinking about, and a cursory glance shows that at least Telika made a similar one.

You go to a store in the physical world, pick any type of store, those selling a specific type of products like books work best. It doesn't have to be a type of product you'd necessarily like/prefer to be discrete about it, so let's not get there to discredit this example.
When you first visited the shop, they gave you a card with your name on it, which you use to shop there. You do so for years for x, y, and z reasons, and get award points for a, b, and c reasons related to the items you get there. For years, the number of items and award points you've gotten over the time you've been a customer there is your business and your business alone, and is one of the reasons you shop there.

Then one day, the store puts up a board to the right of the main entrance listing the number of items you've gotten and the number of award points you've accumulated right next to your name. Without asking for your consent, and without giving you the option not to be displayed on that board. And every time you'd make a new purchase, or get an item and/or award points, that data would get updated. They do this to all their customers. And everyone entering the store and getting one of those cards can see that info. They put a big sign advertising this in their display window that everyone passing by can see.

Some of you wouldn't mind, or care, others would and do. This is how private profiles are set up on GOG. The card is a GOG account, the items are one's games, the award points are one's achievements, the board is one's private profile, and the sign is all the announcements GOG has made, including this thread and postings on their social media.

Now also picture a bright green light turning on right under your name on hat board every time you enter that store, and following you around as you move within it.

Before anyone says but "online status has always been public", well if you weren't posting on the forum, nobody knew when you came on here and when you left, except perhaps those you chose to chat up in real time. Which is your choice, and still your business.
And since we're trying to make those privacy settings effective, why not make an effort to address a couple more, like mandatory display of online status in general, joining date, and location on the forum? Regarding the latter, while one can spoof their location, it's rather unreliable, and reverts to actual location seemingly randomly.
Emphasis on the the term "mandatory", anyone who wishes to display any of them should still be free to do so.