It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
low rated
mk47at: Now that feature is almost as it should have been from the start (it is still opt-out instead of opt-in). I don't think congratulations or thanks are in order because a change that could and should have been done a week ago finally surfaced.

Ixamyakxim: and with a quick turnaround time too!
mk47at: Sarcasm?
A week to make a (somewhat) major software alteration to a brand new online storefront profile system - one that was requested not by a CEO or a softdev head but by the vocal minority on the forum? I don't think a week is too bad at all.

I totally with you that it should have been opt-in (at least on existing accounts). But I'm happy that they put it out there for us to turn off.
Niggles: Amazing how many people on the FORUM get their panties in a twist over a bloody profile. Far out!!!.Grow up people.
( My 2 cents )

A lot of the users who are active on the forum are a very specific group that despises change and social change to the platform to look like steam in anyway . They just want it for games, chat, forum only from what I found out over the years of using it, might be the case of them not used to all the info sharing cause they are old school? who knows, I do love my privacy but I do agree that the backlash was a little out of hand. GOG wants to grow and make the platform more like steam in looks not in drm to encourage more devs to come here but people are bitching about new features and push it back 7 years. thus this might push devs back from wanting to use the site cause no achievement or whatever implementations? who knows.

Seeing the last comment from the blue, reading that I got the first feeling of ok fine shut up here is your disable profile button just to shut people up. lol

I do agree with the privacy thing that it was out of no where, I believe they could have smoothed this out way easier like a setup profile before it going live or something. would have saved a lot of ramble around the forums.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by DreamedArtist
high rated
tinyE: Okay then. I withdraw the criticism. :D
Why? The sun is pretty – but it can prevent you from seeing anything. It has enabled all life on earth and makes sustaining life possible – but it can kill you, too. Life is not black and white.

GOG does some things right – but there are countless mistakes all over the place.

There is only one thing about GOG is plainly horrible: communication!
high rated
elcook: Thanks for bearing with us for the last week, we have an important update to the GOG Profiles.
Well, that was a triumph of PR Zuckerberg-speak, showing nothing but contempt for many of your longtime users, purchasers of huge quantities of games, but dismissed by you in a few arrogant words, because you got so much wonderfully positive feedback for your profiles. You conveniently don't state if you also looked for feedback re the invasion of members' privacy because of the profiles and the way they were implemented.

Most of the protests were about the fact that the profiles were a breach of members' privacy. And that they were enabled by default, and no proper notification was sent to members. I'm sure that many members still don't even know that for all this time their full lists of games and friends were on display for all every Gog user.
But you don't apologise for that, you throw a bone to the 'tiny' (as you were careful to point out) vociferous minority and expect us to thank you for doing what is legally and morally right.

You really give me a bad taste in my mouth, as though I've just eaten a lawyer.

And what about that green light showing that members are online? Not even Steam or Facebook do that. I know it's nothing new, but I, for one, have been protesting about it for years.

Fwiw, I do not live in Europe right now, but I'm a European citizen, and I'm pretty sure that what you did breached EU privacy laws, and you know it.

Not thanking you for finally making the changes you should have made from Day 1.

Minor edits for clarity, it's hard to write clearly when I'm so angry and insulted
Post edited April 30, 2018 by ZenWan
Lexor: Another question - can I get my profile back but visible "just for me only"?
I really liked the profile page but I did not want it to be shared with anyone else.
elcook: Not at the moment.
Thanks for reply. If it's not possible then:

russellskanne: GOG, please remove "Activity Feed" and "Your profile" from the Account menu, when the profile is disabled. They are useless then.
Seconded.
elcook: Not at the moment.
Lexor: Thanks for reply. If it's not possible then:

russellskanne: GOG, please remove "Activity Feed" and "Your profile" from the Account menu, when the profile is disabled. They are useless then.
Lexor: Seconded.
but, but you can keep track of all those threads and Reponses you post on the forum much easier to find!
high rated
elcook: Thanks for bearing with us for the last week, we have an important update to the GOG Profiles.

For the whole last week, we’ve been gathering feedback regarding the new feature on GOG. The news about profiles has spread across plenty of websites forums and communities, and we took our time to track all of them, and gather all of the feedback. The reception of the new feature we saw in the comments on Reddit, under different global and local media publications, as well as on social media, was really positive and this proved to us that we released a new feature that most of our users were waiting for. On the other side, some of you guys here in the forums, have felt differently about this new addition, and stated it clearly here.

At this point, we’d like to thank for all the feedback we received - the good as well as the constructive one. You bring a lot of important feedback regarding GOG, as you are very devoted to the platform, even if you're not the biggest crowd out there. And while we understand that there will be always different opinions, we definitely do not focus only on the positive mentions we come across, and always consider making changes if these changes are beneficial for the whole GOG community.

Taking it all into account, we decided to tweak a bit the Profiles settings, and add another option to the Privacy settings - from now on you can entirely turn off your profile on GOG, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This will also mean, that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Orders & Settings” options, under Privacy tab. Hope this will address your and others concerns regarding GOG Profiles.
Thank you. That's all we wanted. I confirm that it works. Once disabled, attempting to view the profile gives a satisfying 404 error.

You might want to pass on to your management staff that issues like this need to be addressed head on, not allowed to fester for a week. A simple acknowledgement would have gone a long way toward making the community happy. Being AWOL for a week made GOG look amateurish and oblivious to the concerns of its customers.

Frankly, I think that the CEO and his directors owe the community an abject apology for this unprofessional behavior. Anything less and it would be difficult not to conclude that they learned nothing from this and that the distrust they generated is warranted.
Thanks for the update GOG, now the profiles work as they should. The only problem is: how are we supposed to spy to each other now, huh? :D

NovumZ: Look how much toxicity not listening to your customers in the forums (again) has brought!
If only some of the GOG folks in here had better manners when expressing their concerns to GOG, this place would be much better. Not to mention those who seem to eagerly await such occasions to use their lovely foul language instead of communicating their message in a civil way or just signing out if they feel like to do so, just as they'd do if they were unsatisfied with a brick & mortar store.
high rated
What a half arsed implementation, all or nothing.

Well done.
DreamedArtist: but, but you can keep track of all those threads and Reponses you post on the forum much easier to find!
How? Both links lead to an 404 gogbear if you disable your profile.
Dalthnock: However, it's not all doom & gloom. I mean, look at all the nice Christians in this thread, turning the other cheek to GOG's underhanded verbal slaps. It warms the heart.
lolplatypus: This.

So, to recap:
* Feature is announced on a small scale, Feedback ignored.
* Feature is rolled out, no warning outside prior announcement, no emails to your customers.
* Profiles are opt-in.
* Profiles are opt-in while partnered with facebook and the privacy policy being what its, nicely laid to out here by Djaron.
* Privacy violations due to the mandatorily displayed stats.
* Complete radio silence for a week while all of this is going on, with no hint of a rollback or anything to address the problematic situation in sight. All while a significant portion of the customerbase is probably not even aware of this due to lack of email notification.
* Then we get what amounts to "Thanks for keeping the thread active, we got some wonderful PR! Friendly reminder that you're the minority and we don't really need you, though, so, you know, know your place."

In the end a single point is fixed and everything is sunshine and hapiness again? Really?
It's honestly no wonder this stuff keeps happening. We're really easily placated, all things considered.
C'mon, dude. GOG beats us up because GOG loves us. We probably deserve it, anyway.

It's not really GOG's fault. They're only like this when they drink. And they just came out of a whole week bender.
DreamedArtist: but, but you can keep track of all those threads and Reponses you post on the forum much easier to find!
mk47at: How? Both links lead to an 404 gogbear if you disable your profile.
Oh really? hm welp :/ I guess time will fix something lol.
high rated
Well, I'm happy that the improvement came eventually. Thank you for letting us know, elcook.
high rated
Niggles: Amazing how many people on the FORUM get their panties in a twist over a bloody profile. Far out!!!.Grow up people.
DreamedArtist: ( My 2 cents )

A lot of the users who are active on the forum are a very specific group that despises change and social change to the platform to look like steam in anyway . They just want it for games, chat, forum only from what I found out over the years of using it, might be the case of them not used to all the info sharing cause they are old school? who knows, I do love my privacy but I do agree that the backlash was a little out of hand. GOG wants to grow and make the platform more like steam in looks not in drm to encourage more devs to come here but people are bitching about new features and push it back 7 years. thus this might push devs back from wanting to use the site cause no achievement or whatever implementations? who knows.

Seeing the last comment from the blue, reading that I got the first feeling of ok fine shut up here is your disable profile button just to shut people up. lol
And yet you totally failed to see the whole point of the topic the last days. It wasn't the feature itsself, it was the way GOG implemented and handled it in the first place, despite the "warning" they've received in advance in a small thread (for the purpose as they stated, but totally ignored).
It is something different you are talking about. Both "Activity Feed" and "Your profile" now lead to 404 page when you have disabled profile. Disable your profile completely and then try these links:

Activity Feed - https://www.gog.com/feed
Your profile - https://www.gog.com/u

You are still able to check responses under "Community" - "Forum replies", and that's something different:

https://www.gog.com/forum/myrecentposts
Post edited April 30, 2018 by Lexor