It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
high rated
It's ok guys, I speak bullshit. Allow me to translate, as well as refute some points.

elcook: Thanks for bearing with us for the last week, we have an important update to the GOG Profiles.

For the whole last week, we’ve been gathering feedback regarding the new feature on GOG. The news about profiles has spread across plenty of websites forums and communities, and we took our time to track all of them, and gather all of the feedback.
Mr. Elcook, the gist of the feedback was pretty clear in the first couple of hours. It shouldn't've taken you guys a week to get it.

elcook: The reception of the new feature we saw in the comments on Reddit, under different global and local media publications, as well as on social media, was really positive and this proved to us that we released a new feature that most of our users were waiting for.
Translation: We're selectively picking whatever good feedback there was.

elcook: On the other side, some of you guys here in the forums, have felt differently about this new addition, and stated it clearly here.
Translation: You're few, you're annoying, and we're fed up with you.

elcook: At this point, we’d like to thank for all the feedback we received - the good as well as the constructive one.
Translation: We're tired of your bullshit, but we'll call it constructive for now.

elcook: You bring a lot of important feedback regarding GOG, as you are very devoted to the platform, even if you're not the biggest crowd out there.
Translation: You're really few, you're really annoying, and we're really fed up with you.

elcook: And while we understand that there will be always different opinions, we definitely do not focus only on the positive mentions we come across, and always consider making changes if these changes are beneficial for the whole GOG community.
Translation: We wanted you to accept this & shut up. Why couldn't you just accept this & shut up?

elcook: Taking it all into account, we decided to tweak a bit the Profiles settings, and add another option to the Privacy settings - from now on you can entirely turn off your profile on GOG, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This will also mean, that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Orders & Settings” options, under Privacy tab. Hope this will address your and others concerns regarding GOG Profiles.
Translation: There. Now shut the fuck up.

==========================================================================================

Thank you for your time addressing the issue, Mr. Elcook. We are quite thankful & humbled to be worthy of your attention, few as we are. Maybe you were too polite to point it out, but I'm sure we're really, really few & undeserving of your attention.
So things are solved now ? our profiles wont show anything unless we choose to share it ?

Just found this while Googling ( just one of the many....)

Steam turns user profiles private by default - Yahoo Lifestyle Singapore
https://sg.style.yahoo.com/steam-turns-user-profiles-private-default-130740672.html
Apr 11, 2018 - As US tech giants come under greater scrutiny regarding respect for user privacy, PC gaming service Steam updates and expands its default user settings, a change that could mean the end for third-party ownership trackers. Until an April 11 update, user profiles on PC gaming giant Steam were set to ...

high rated
elcook: Thanks for bearing with us for the last week, we have an important update to the GOG Profiles.

For the whole last week, we’ve been gathering feedback regarding the new feature on GOG. The news about profiles has spread across plenty of websites forums and communities, and we took our time to track all of them, and gather all of the feedback. The reception of the new feature we saw in the comments on Reddit, under different global and local media publications, as well as on social media, was really positive and this proved to us that we released a new feature that most of our users were waiting for. On the other side, some of you guys here in the forums, have felt differently about this new addition, and stated it clearly here.

At this point, we’d like to thank for all the feedback we received - the good as well as the constructive one. You bring a lot of important feedback regarding GOG, as you are very devoted to the platform, even if you're not the biggest crowd out there. And while we understand that there will be always different opinions, we definitely do not focus only on the positive mentions we come across, and always consider making changes if these changes are beneficial for the whole GOG community.

Taking it all into account, we decided to tweak a bit the Profiles settings, and add another option to the Privacy settings - from now on you can entirely turn off your profile on GOG, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This will also mean, that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Orders & Settings” options, under Privacy tab. Hope this will address your and others concerns regarding GOG Profiles.
FINALLY

thank you

I still think the situation was extremely poorly handled from the get go, and the week of dead silence was especially egregious, but I'm nevertheless very happy to see this fixed and to have an option to turn off the profile.
So, The World is back in balance, now. Isn't it?
Thanks GoG.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by truhlik
high rated
I'll put in my two cents for an option to simply turn off the "Activity feed" notifications, so there isn't always that colored dot on my account/profile page that looks so tempting to click on, yet it's endless and is always there. Just a way to enable/disable the feed notifications would be good enough.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by JinseiNGC224
Dalthnock: It's ok guys, I speak bullshit. Allow me to translate, as well as refute some points.

For the whole last week, we’ve been gathering feedback regarding the new feature on GOG. The news about profiles has spread across plenty of websites forums and communities, and we took our time to track all of them, and gather all of the feedback.
Dalthnock: Mr. Elcook, the gist of the feedback was pretty clear in the first couple of hours. It shouldn't've taken you guys a week to get it.

elcook: The reception of the new feature we saw in the comments on Reddit, under different global and local media publications, as well as on social media, was really positive and this proved to us that we released a new feature that most of our users were waiting for.
Dalthnock: Translation: We're selectively picking whatever good feedback there was.

elcook: On the other side, some of you guys here in the forums, have felt differently about this new addition, and stated it clearly here.
Dalthnock: Translation: You're few, you're annoying, and we're fed up with you.

elcook: At this point, we’d like to thank for all the feedback we received - the good as well as the constructive one.
Dalthnock: Translation: We're tired of your bullshit, but we'll call it constructive for now.

elcook: You bring a lot of important feedback regarding GOG, as you are very devoted to the platform, even if you're not the biggest crowd out there.
Dalthnock: Translation: You're really few, you're really annoying, and we're really fed up with you.

elcook: And while we understand that there will be always different opinions, we definitely do not focus only on the positive mentions we come across, and always consider making changes if these changes are beneficial for the whole GOG community.
Dalthnock: Translation: We wanted you to accept this & shut up. Why couldn't you just accept this & shut up?

elcook: Taking it all into account, we decided to tweak a bit the Profiles settings, and add another option to the Privacy settings - from now on you can entirely turn off your profile on GOG, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This will also mean, that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
Dalthnock: Translation: There. Now shut the fuck up.

==========================================================================================

Thank you for your time addressing the issue, Mr. Elcook. We are quite thankful & humbled to be worthy of your attention, few as we are. Maybe you were too polite to point it out, but I'm sure we're really, really few & undeserving of your attention.
nice translation some parts are different then the default replies we get from the blues but your version is to the point and clear.

The blue reply reminds me of some referendum voting we had in years ago and recently, the outcome was not what the govt expected (suprise) so they ignored it... seems that they only like to see positive reactions and pro- reactions, meaning only things that are for a change will be heard and the rest, well the rest can whatever on it ....
sad.... very sad ...... cause GOG was different from the rest , on its own like a last man standing ..... 1 vs the world ....
but they gave in because resistance is futile .....
Post edited April 30, 2018 by gamesfreak64
deleted
high rated
Hi GOG!

Little bug to fix ,

When you disable the profile in the privacy settings , it used to be that clicking directly on username would take you to the profile page , unfortunately as the prolife is disabled it will now take you to a 404 error GOG bear page.
high rated
JAMVA: Hi GOG!

Little bug to fix ,

When you disable the profile in the privacy settings , it used to be that clicking directly on username would take you to the profile page , unfortunately as the prolife is disabled it will now take you to a 404 error GOG bear page.
Thanks for pointing it out. Forwarded it to the team.
high rated
elcook: [...] from now on you can entirely turn off your profile on GOG, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This will also mean, that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
[...]
Thank you for this. Seems I have to refill my wallet after all...

On a related, general note: What with the upcoming GDPR and all, I think that it would be prudent to have the profile set to disabled by default. This doesn't apply to me personally, I'm merely suggesting it because I think it's the right thing to do. Maybe that will also entice you to finally shoot out a notification email about profiles being a thing (which I still haven't received, I think). You know, to get people to activate them ;-).

On a second note: For those who wish to have profiles enabled, maybe add an option to toggle their online status both in what that status is ("bored", "busy", "waiting for players", etc.) as well as its visibility to others ("invisible", "friends only", etc.). It adds a bit of granularity and would make the profiles more attractive to use for some users.
high rated

For the whole last week, we’ve been gathering feedback regarding the new feature on GOG. The news about profiles has spread across plenty of websites forums and communities, and we took our time to track all of them, and gather all of the feedback. The reception of the new feature we saw in the comments on Reddit, under different global and local media publications, as well as on social media, was really positive and this proved to us that we released a new feature that most of our users were waiting for. On the other side, some of you guys here in the forums, have felt differently about this new addition, and stated it clearly here.

At this point, we’d like to thank for all the feedback we received - the good as well as the constructive one. You bring a lot of important feedback regarding GOG, as you are very devoted to the platform, even if you're not the biggest crowd out there. And while we understand that there will be always different opinions, we definitely do not focus only on the positive mentions we come across, and always consider making changes if these changes are beneficial for the whole GOG community.

Taking it all into account, we decided to tweak a bit the Profiles settings, and add another option to the Privacy settings - from now on you can entirely turn off your profile on GOG, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This will also mean, that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
Desmight: The world isn't crumbling, after all.
Nice to see resistance is not futile afteral and assimilation becomes optional .... thanks for the wise decision.
high rated
Good.

I'll still keep backing up my library though and consider to delete my account. I simply cannot trust you guys any more. It's like that common saying: Building trust takes time, tearing it down is quick. And you've worked very, very hard to tear it down for years on end.

But at least this shows you are not completely tone deaf to feedback.

Also concerned about what happens to our data behind the scenes. As I wrote before this announcement, that's actually my biggest concern in all this.
high rated
I would've been fine with just hiding the games/achievements/playtime when the profile is set to private, but completely disabling the profile does it too for me.
high rated
While its great that this was fixed I still think a privacy first policy should be adopted. Allow users to turn things on not turn things off. I guess I will just have to remember to delete my account should I ever stop regularly using GOG.

It is not virtue to be better than the worst but I am grateful for the disable option.
elcook: [...] from now on you can entirely turn off your profile on GOG, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This will also mean, that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
[...]
Mueslinator: Thank you for this. Seems I have to refill my wallet after all...

On a related, general note: What with the upcoming GDPR and all, I think that it would be prudent to have the profile set to disabled by default. This doesn't apply to me personally, I'm merely suggesting it because I think it's the right thing to do. Maybe that will also entice you to finally shoot out a notification email about profiles being a thing (which I still haven't received, I think). You know, to get people to activate them ;-).

On a second note: For those who wish to have profiles enabled, maybe add an option to toggle their online status both in what that status is ("bored", "busy", "waiting for players", etc.) as well as its visibility to others ("invisible", "friends only", etc.). It adds a bit of granularity and would make the profiles more attractive to use for some users.
In terms of visibility, we're keeping the profiles enabled as it is right now.

As for the other features (like you're mentioning toggling status), we will be developing GOG Profiles more in the future, and will be adding more stuff to it. But that's too early to discuss atm.