It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
yogsloth: Is installing the client going to install a bunch of malware/adware-pushing crap onto my PC?
No, nothing like that or I wouldn't be using Steam. When the client is open there are 2 processes running (Steam.exe & SteamWebHelper.exe) that won't use more than 100 MB of RAM together, and when it's closed, nothing at all.
PaterAlf: I nstalled the client, entered the codes and deleted it again when the games were added to my GOG account. For now I can forget again that I have a Steam account now.
yogsloth: I'll probably try this later from my home computer.

Is installing the client going to install a bunch of malware/adware-pushing crap onto my PC?
You should be safe as long as you aren't going to install any shady games ; )
But you may also install steam in virtualbox.
gandalfnho: Someone knows if turning off the computer will cancel the connecting of the accounts?
It's okay to turn off everything. The Steam account connected is permanent and the process to do that is done once. You can try again later, tomorrow, etc.
Here is a hypothetical teaser question:

I claimed Braid here on GoG.com because I already owned it on Steam. What if my account gets banned on Steam or Steam stops existing? Will I keep Braid here or will it be removed?
I just want to express my excitement and appreciation for this feature! I have long been willing to pay for this feature, and to get it for free just makes me happy!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \o/
I hope GOG can get something out of this, but, frankly, I'm not really convinced. With Valve, it's always Nietzsche all over again : "Don't stare too long at the abyss, if you don't want the abyss to stare through you."
Death_Masta187: This is amazing! Stuff like this is the reason I pretty much have stopped buying games on Steam. It takes them having 90% of their customers to rip them a new one to do anything that benefits their customers. Gog just does it pro actively.
Pheace: Uhhh, Steam has been allowing devs unlimited keys to hand out to owners of their games who bought it previous/elsewhere for years already. And there's no 5 day limit on that either.

The only difference here is that it's automated, and the only reason that's possible is because of Steam's openID login system that allows GOG to uniquely identify users accounts and which games belong to them, and prove they own the game that way.
Id like to say I'm pretty engaged in gaming news and have been using steam since 2004. but this is the first I’m hearing about this. I knew about adding retail keys to steam of games that had steamwork versions but iv always been told to rebuy the game on steam when I had an old physical copy that didn’t have a steamworks version of the game. so this is all news to me.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by Death_Masta187
tibus274: Here is a hypothetical teaser question:

I claimed Braid here on GoG.com because I already owned it on Steam. What if my account gets banned on Steam or Steam stops existing? Will I keep Braid here or will it be removed?
That question is answered in the FAQ (Questions #14 and #15) in the GOG Connect page (look at the end of the page):
https://www.gog.com/connect
This is pretty cool! Hopefully it goes further than Reclaim your games did. I was really looking forward to getting digital copies for games I had already paid cold hard cash for but that never happened. Devs/publishers just like double dipping and all the free money they get for charging for the same product twice sadly. Just the other day I caved and rebought Chaos Theory on Steam so I had a copy that didn't have the evil Starforce on it (that apparently doesn't even work at all on modern OS's).
My GOG library actually is six times as big as my Steam library. So if a game is on Steam and on GOG, chances are I have it on GOG.
Thank you GOG!

No actual connection between your two accounts will be made – you only log into Steam through GoG once to verify that you are that Steam user. After that GoG just looks up which games your Steam account has and adds them to your GoG-library. They will stay there even if you delete your Steam account.
MadalinStroe: My mind is blown by this generous move, both by GOG and by the publishers who agreed to it. Luckly, I have no games on STEAM, but I can see how this will make a lot of people happy.
Actually, I just realized that I have a large collection of STEAM keys on Humble Bundle. I know for certain I have Braid there, because I played their DRM Free version, and who knows what else. So it looks like I'll also be benefiting from this generous offer.

GigaGrunch: No actual connection between your two accounts will be made – you only log into Steam through GoG once to verify that you are that Steam user. After that GoG just looks up which games your Steam account has and adds them to your GoG-library. They will stay there even if you delete your Steam account.
Nope:
"If a game is removed from your Steam account for any reason, such as through manual deletion or a refund – we reserve the right to remove the games from your GOG.com library."

GigaGrunch: No actual connection between your two accounts will be made – you only log into Steam through GoG once to verify that you are that Steam user. After that GoG just looks up which games your Steam account has and adds them to your GoG-library. They will stay there even if you delete your Steam account.
Not really. Gog reserves the right to erase those games from your account as its written in the faq.

Ninja'd :)

So, download your game files and you should be fine if something like that happens. One of the reason I have all my gog games stored on external hard drives.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by Matruchus