It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
Theoretical question here.

Say I own the same game on steam and gog as in I've paid twice for the same game.

I link my accounts

Now say that I delete my steam copy, my gog copy wouldn't suddenly disappear would it? After all I didn't get my gog copy from my steam copy.
ssokolow: Grr. Never have I despised Steam's "must have the client installed to redeem keys" design more.

I have tons of unredeemed Steam keys from Humble Bundles that I currently just consider "not owned" and this could save me money if I'm willing to waste a ton of time spinning up up a quarantined VM and then using a VPN to give it some controlled access to Steam's servers.
PincushionMan: That's not good news. You can only redeem 25 keys per day.
That's enough for the number of games that are available at the moment.

As far as my experience goes, I was shortly shown 8 eligible games that have been found in my Steam library after I returned to the "Connect" page a few hours after I connected the accounts. Unfortunately, that page with the eligible games disappeared without me being able to import the games. I hope they will show up again.
zeffyr: Wow, this is BIG. Incredible move, GOG! :-)
It is indeed. I don't use and never will use anything steam but I have to say this is fantastic for Steam users. An amazing move on GoG.
apehater: whats next? connect to battle.net and uplay?
Sure, right after Diablo (with optional Hellraiser expansion from Sierra), Starcraft + expansions, and Heroes 6 (complete with server side DRM, and nerfed drops if you aren't on uPlay, and how much DLC??) become available here.

I suppose they could emulate the old Battle.net with bnetd... if Blizzard/Activision would go along with it.

Hey, Activision, where's my River Raid and Stampede sequels? I could play those for hours. Oh, and Pitfall & Pitfall 2.
yogsloth: Does anybody know where the list of eligible games are? The OP in this thread says it's on the connect page.

The connect page says it's on that page.

WHERE, MFers?
Visit the GOG Connect-page in Galaxy.
Question to GOGs:
After succesful pairing accounts, can I disconnect from my Steam account and reconnect later again?
Matruchus: A question. How does gog handle our personal information from Steam since our Steam ID and password is saved by gog without an option to log out. This doesn't seem very safe and might result in more stolen Steam IDs.
GOG only gets access to reading your profile through the Steam API. It does not log into your Steam account at all. You log into your account through Steam and give limited access to the API to GOG.
Great move, now let's see what I don't have to re-buy :D... Some of which I already did btw...
Post edited June 01, 2016 by blotunga
Matruchus: A question. How does gog handle our personal information from Steam since our Steam ID and password is saved by gog without an option to log out. This doesn't seem very safe and might result in more stolen Steam IDs.
sunshinecorp: GOG only gets access to reading your profile through the Steam API. It does not log into your Steam account at all. You log into your account through Steam and give limited access to the API to GOG.
Ah, ok. Im just not used to not having an option to log out.
Steam uses OpenID for authentication in its Web API, meaning it supplies external websites with a unique identifier associated with your account, but not the login information itself. Looking at the documentation overview, the relevant quote is:

Steam can act as an OpenID provider. This allows your application to authenticate a user's SteamID without requiring them to enter their Steam username or password on your site (which would be a violation of the API Terms of Use.)

When you initially enter your credentials, that's on a Valve-controlled website. After you log in there, Valve gives GOG a unique identifier which is used for any subsequent requests for information about your account.
This is amazing! Stuff like this is the reason I pretty much have stopped buying games on Steam. It takes them having 90% of their customers to rip them a new one to do anything that benefits their customers. Gog just does it pro actively.
low rated
Yuck. Ick. Ewww.

This topic makes me feel dirty.
yogsloth: Does anybody know where the list of eligible games are? The OP in this thread says it's on the connect page.

The connect page says it's on that page.

WHERE, MFers?
Matruchus: Log out of your gog account and go to connect page and you will see all the redeemable games.
Unreal. Yes, that did it.

So check it out.... I see the list, I'm combing through my absolute mountain of unused Steam keys...

And I found one for "Braid".

I have a Steam account that has never had any games in it. I created it to purchase a game as a gift once. I can redeem this key, add it to Steam, and then import it to GOG? Shaking my head.

Unfortunately, I'm getting that message from connect that it will take "several days".

I'd like to give it a try, since GOG seems to really want me to rip them off this way, but... I dunno, I'd just be frustrated if my pristine Steam account suddenly had a game in it I could never play because I won't deal with their shitty client.

Bizarre.

[EDIT] lol. How do you redeem a key on Steam? I can't find anything.
Post edited June 01, 2016 by yogsloth
Death_Masta187: This is amazing! Stuff like this is the reason I pretty much have stopped buying games on Steam. It takes them having 90% of their customers to rip them a new one to do anything that benefits their customers. Gog just does it pro actively.
Uhhh, Steam has been allowing devs unlimited keys to hand out to owners of their games who bought it previous/elsewhere for years already. And there's no 5 day limit on that either.

The only difference here is that it's automated, and the only reason that's possible is because of Steam's openID login system that allows GOG to uniquely identify users accounts and which games belong to them, and prove they own the game that way.
Post edited June 01, 2016 by Pheace
yogsloth: Unreal. Yes, that did it.

So check it out.... I see the list, I'm combing through my absolute mountain of unused Steam keys...

And I found one for "Braid".

I have a Steam account that has never had any games in it. I created it to purchase a game as a gift once. I can redeem this key, add it to Steam, and then import it to GOG? Shaking my head.

Unfortunately, I'm getting that message from connect that it will take "several days".

I'd like to give it a try, since GOG seems to really want me to rip them off this way, but... I dunno, I'd just be frustrated if my pristine Steam account suddenly had a game in it I could never play because I won't deal with their shitty client.

Bizarre.

[EDIT] lol. How do you redeem a key on Steam? I can't find anything.
In client click on games -> activate a product on steam