It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
Matruchus: System is broken at the moment. Gog sent email to everybody to try again on friday.
I haven't received that yet. Hopefully it'll arrive in my inbox too so that I'll stop wasting my time just to get an extra Drm-free copy of stuff I already had drm-free from humble...
skeletonbow: Is there a link to a full list of eligible games? I'd like to manually go through my Steam account to estimate which games I might be bringing over to GOG, and to peruse my unredeemed key list as well.
Right now it seems there are only 20 games eligible. While connecting to my steam account GOG showed me 20 games that you can see in the picture in following thread:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_de/wir_stellen_vor_bgog_connectb_60e86/post34
Post edited June 01, 2016 by DukeNukemForever
WE COULDN'T REACH THE STEAM SERVICE RIGHT NOW.

Please try again later.
and now it just says no eligible games...
wizisi2k: caution for those of you with gal civ III DLC on Steam: I just got the game imported without a problem BUT I only have the base. Looks like I'm going to be copying over the DLC from the Steam directory.
This I'm king of expecting to be a regular thing. Base games without DLC (promote DLC sales), Older/outdated versions of games series (Mount & Blade/Saints Row 2) etc.

Far easier to convince publishers to agree to that.
Post edited June 01, 2016 by Pheace
GOG.com: Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
Great idea, thank you.
Arrrgh! This is beyond infuriating! Now I've got no eligible games, when I know I have four that are on the list.
Sad, that it doesnt work at the moment. However, it is really great that they managed to do this. Would have been nice to have it earlier, as I started re-buying most of my steam games on GOG well before
still can't connect.
Attachments:
i've read thru the links regarding steam api agreement etc, but can't really find the info I want, does linking with steam here enable steam to data aggregate thru gog via those games linked? continuously? or even does it grant steam the data mined by gog to our whole account, also continuously?
wizisi2k: caution for those of you with gal civ III DLC on Steam: I just got the game imported without a problem BUT I only have the base. Looks like I'm going to be copying over the DLC from the Steam directory.
Pheace: This I'm king of expecting to be a regular thing. Base games without DLC (promote DLC sales), Older/outdated versions of games (Mount & Blade) etc.

Far easier to convince publishers to agree to that.
in this case, it's more an annoyance as Steam says I have an elite founder's key (all current and future DLC/standalone games) and yet GOG says I only have the base. There was a pointed question on twitch to Stardock about elite founder's transferring their keys during their stream. Oh well-at least there's always the copy/paste for the DLC
It is a noble gesture to help undercut steams market dominance. Does not help my personal situation.

1: It requires you to log into your steam account in order to verify, which in turn would almost certainly require signing off on their anti competitive "civil suit rights forfeiture" provisions from 2011ish that forced many to abandon their steam accounts in the first place. (EDIT: If someone in blue could either confirm or deny this it would be appreciated)

2: In that nearly half decade, GoG has more than caught up and in ways surpassed what I personally had built up into steam library anyway. Honestly, I think the only things I have "lost" out of my steam library to this day amount to Civ V, Fallout NV & Arkham city,, the latter two of which I have in console formats anyway. Honestly I don't personally care for Civ's brand of Strategy anyway. To be honest, the largest bulk of my library was mostly humble, Groupees, Indie royale keys so most of the games were a lot of inconsequential indie fluff to begin with, OR daily/weekly/Seasonal sales buys that I was just wasting money on because of the "awesome steam sale price" in the thinking some day I "Might" actually play it. So actually despite the initial "shock" of abandoning the library, it has been such a godsend as the GOG library represents MUCH better library curation, and infinitely more value.

So As someone who wants to see every little thing that will hasten the demise of steam (not out of vengeance or resentment, but out of questionably unlawful and unequivocally destructive to the health of the industry) This is a logical and beneficial move that will help others to ween themselves off of the problematic behaviors of steam while doing so in a positive manner and giving the ability to ease through the same kind of hard decision I made when I put doing the right thing before my personal desires for cheap fast and easy. This brings the industry one step closer to a day when there will be no rational or logical reason to keep a steam library at all.

Once again, GOG shows the industry why they are the ones who stand for the Good Of Gaming and for that we are all indebted
This is awesome! I had the same issues as everyone else at first, but it worked eventually. :-)
...and it finally worked, with no eligible games out of c. 1200...

...and a handful listed under unavailable...
MarkoH01: Does not work. Klicking refresh constantly but "we couldn't reach the steam service" :(
With millions of goggers doing the same and limited number being processed at any given time, what do you expect? ;-p Next in headlines GOG users DDOS Steam causing servers to crash. XD