It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
if i own one currently offered game on steam and on gog already, do i get a gift copy then?

do i get my gog owned games on steam for free?
stardog765: Ya finally got it to connect but it shows that I dont own the games that I do.
So must still be broke. Will try again later.
zeroxxx: Same. lol
Same.

Edit: Finally worked!
Post edited June 01, 2016 by kalirion
PaterAlf: Interesting move.

Creating a Steam account suddenly becomes interesting. Not because I want to use it, but to use my old bundle keys and get the games on GOG.
Here goes the "NO STEAM DRM" out of the window... :D
skeletonbow: Yeah, that's the error I keep getting also. Perhaps the Steam API has a limit per minute/hour/day of connections from connected services/websites and they've went over it quickly due to the GOGinator Effect(TM).
cutterjohn: it does. Read the connect FAQ. IIRC it's a per day, i.e. 24h period I'm sure probably set to Pacific time.

Also the steam servers were acting wonky already as I went to steam first this morning to check new releases and any discounts then to gog and saw the connect and wasted oh about 1h trying to get it to do anything... admittedly I've been doing other things and check the tab once in a while...

Unfortunately many of the games I also purchased on GOG pretty well as a backup just in case but have opted to NOT buy any that have modding support as steam has that locked up unless they're also on nexusmods then...
Ok... but I got it connected and now it doesn't detect any games. Pretty sure I have some of the games from the list.
From the Steam API ToS:

"You are limited to one hundred thousand (100,000) calls to the Steam Web API per day. Valve may approve higher daily call limits if you adhere to these API Terms of Use."

I imagine it's going to take a month for us to all get through to the service with that restriction and the high-demand. It's a lottery when you add time limits.
GOG.com:
sunshinecorp: WHY is everyone assuming that your profile should be public for this to work? This connects to your account through the Steam API directly, I doubt it reads your public profile. Anyhow, since a lot of people seem to weirdly mention this, can a blue confirm or deny the need for your Steam profile to be public?
1) Because that's how it's always worked as far as I know. Using the Steam login thing does not allow that service to bypass your privacy settings. If you're not public it won't show your stuff.

2) Because a blue said so?
leon30: Does my GOG username become visible to my Steam friends and vice versa - my Steam profile visible to my GOG friends over Galaxy?
Honestly, I hope not. Personally I'd like to keep friends list and anything else separate, and have this for just games. I usually just play games via downloading from GOG's site and installing them. In event I have to use Galaxy for online play or downloading a big game, I rather do that in private without seeing people who will want to IM me. Sometimes I may just leave a client downloading while I go do something else.
Drat. I got it to connect, and find my games, but there's no 'Import Games' button!

I guess it doesn't like Safari.
DCT: Weird it says I have no eligible games but I have Project Zomboid, Braid and Bit Trip runner on Steam. What gives?
Matruchus: System is broken at the moment. Gog sent email to everybody to try again on friday.
Ooooh, I see.

In the meantime no one will probably read the quoted post because it's so far in, but this is it guys. Come back Friday.
I don't normally post on the forums, but it's worth saying: you guys are amazing. Huge, huge kudos to you for doing this.
apehater: if i own one currently offered game on steam and on gog already, do i get a gift copy then?

Double no

"What if I already own a game on both GOG.com and Steam? Do I get an extra key?"
"Unfortunately not – you will not receive an extra copy of a game you already own on GOG.com."
This is awesome, but it's not working for me; none of the games I have on Steam are being recognized it seems, and I have my account set to Public (other than Inventory, which shouldn't matter anyways). Help?
caution for those of you with gal civ III DLC on Steam: I just got the game imported without a problem BUT I only have the base. Looks like I'm going to be copying over the DLC from the Steam directory.
apehater: if i own one currently offered game on steam and on gog already, do i get a gift copy then?

park_84: Double no

"What if I already own a game on both GOG.com and Steam? Do I get an extra key?"
"Unfortunately not – you will not receive an extra copy of a game you already own on GOG.com."
thanks
Clearsong: Drat. I got it to connect, and find my games, but there's no 'Import Games' button!

I guess it doesn't like Safari.
For me it was a green button that said 'add 10 games' somewhere top right. Agree it's done in a confusing way. Didn't make much sense till I realized I could check/uncheck the games you saw available.