It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
MarkoH01: Yes, GOG will know how many games have "connected" of course but the publishers might never know.
The only way the publishers know how many games have been sold normally is through GOG. If GOG wanted to commit massive fraud by under-reporting sales they could... Obviously it's a bad idea, but in either case the publishers only have the number GOG gives.
AB2012: Giving credentials is probably just to allow GOG to read what games you have on Steam to have them appear automatically inside Galaxy without needing to manually add each one.
To do that it is sufficient to read and copy the windows start menu. Giving credentials for that, it is a heavy tribute for a poor request.
Who gives the keys of his house to someone who just wants to count the number of doors on the front?

Is there really people that ar happy with that ?

On Amazon there was a software which regroupe all your games , it was not working very good (especially with Origin and Uplay) but it never asked for credentials of any type.

Edit : https://gamesboard.info/
Post edited September 04, 2019 by gvyop
gvyop: To do that it is sufficient to read and copy the windows start menu. Giving credentials for that, it is a heavy tribute for a poor request.
Who gives the keys of his house to someone who just wants to count the number of doors on the front?
Unless you have installed every game you have in your steam library, this makes very little sense if people should be able to "integrate" their Steam library into their Galaxy library. Which is one of the main ideas behind Galaxy 2.0 > people should only need to start Galaxy, to see all the games they "own" in one spot.
AB2012: I understand why GOG does this to please the "I want all my games in one place but I also need a client to launch my games crowd". What I've always found weird is the need to replace direct Windows shortcut links in the first place which "just work" the same for all stores, treat all vendors equally and allow "all my games in one place" for everyone by default. It's like we're now having to invent convoluted solutions for entirely avoidable problems that never needed to exist because they were already solved back in 1995 with the Start Menu.
Well, a rather big reason, for me personally, is that I simply do not keep all my games installed, in which case I'm not sure how you are expecting that to solve anything. And I'm certainly not interested in keeping a long list of broken links on my system just to remind myself I own those games somewhere.

For me the big issue with different clients/libraries across different stores is I tend to go for the biggest one and rarely visit the remainders because I've usually found something to play before I even check the others. For instance, I started up Uplay the other day because of the free Uplay+ month and I noticed I had games there I'd completely forgotten about.
DerBesserwisser: Unless you have installed every game you have in your steam library, this makes very little sense if people should be able to "integrate" their Steam library into their Galaxy library. Which is one of the main ideas behind Galaxy 2.0 > people should only need to start Galaxy, to see all the games they "own" in one spot.
this makes very little sense to want to see games you do not have installed , meaning you do not want to play at the moment.
A launcher is to launch game, so games are supposed to be launchable.
Once again giving credentials just for a listing is really non-sense and a potential new breach in your account. Not only the steam client but now the galaxy one. 2 x more risks , and you saiy it 's to have a list of games not even installed and ready to play ?!!
Big risk for small reward.
Is it dead?
Klumpen0815: Is it dead?
Rocco?
I really hope they don't discontinue the GOG Connect feature. I have zero interest in Galaxy 2.0 (or any launchers for that matter) so I'd much prefer having games as loose installers.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die
It's not dead. It's just like a mummy which comes out from the tomb to straighten the bones at least once a year (usually on bigger Sales). Just be patient.
Attachments:
mummy.png (180 Kb)
Post edited September 05, 2019 by erbello
DerBesserwisser: Unless you have installed every game you have in your steam library, this makes very little sense if people should be able to "integrate" their Steam library into their Galaxy library. Which is one of the main ideas behind Galaxy 2.0 > people should only need to start Galaxy, to see all the games they "own" in one spot.
gvyop: this makes very little sense to want to see games you do not have installed , meaning you do not want to play at the moment.
A launcher is to launch game, so games are supposed to be launchable.
Once again giving credentials just for a listing is really non-sense and a potential new breach in your account. Not only the steam client but now the galaxy one. 2 x more risks , and you saiy it 's to have a list of games not even installed and ready to play ?!!
Big risk for small reward.
What are you talking about ? Of course its interesting to list the games you don't have installed, so you can install them if you like (and don't have to open the other clients specifically for that).

That the process of authentication needs work is another thing though (as you don't have any possibility to check whether you are actually "talking" directly with the Steam site or some impostor site).
DerBesserwisser: What are you talking about ? Of course its interesting to list the games you don't have installed, so you can install them if you like (and don't have to open the other clients specifically for that).
Except that launching through Galaxy WILL LAUNCH the steam client.. So where is the difference ? because you don't have to click yourself on the steam client shortcut ? wow wow wow 1 bouble click, what a works justifying to give your credentials ! No I'm sorry but IMO this is absolutely non sense.
DerBesserwisser: What are you talking about ? Of course its interesting to list the games you don't have installed, so you can install them if you like (and don't have to open the other clients specifically for that).
gvyop: Except that launching through Galaxy WILL LAUNCH the steam client.. So where is the difference ? because you don't have to click yourself on the steam client shortcut ? wow wow wow 1 bouble click, what a works justifying to give your credentials ! No I'm sorry but IMO this is absolutely non sense.
The difference is that

a) you don't need to remember on which of the many services you own a particular game, you just fire up Galaxy and it's there, and

b) looking for a new game to play, you always get offered all of your games, not just those on whatever client you happen to have open at the moment.

It's called convenience.
high rated
AI War 2 is on GOG Connect until Nov 5, 5pm UTC. (Announcement)
Nice
01kipper: AI War 2 is on GOG Connect until Nov 5, 5pm UTC. (Announcement)
oh
Post edited October 23, 2019 by jwj7801