It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
Themken: I see no game, not that I have this title on Steam anyway but it is not in the list of games I do now own either, called unavailable.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_stellaris_ancient_relics_stellaris_now_on_gog_connect_c3057/post33
Connect not recognizing stellaris :-(
dermki: Connect not recognizing stellaris :-(
Because...

We're terribly sorry, but due to technical issues with Steam library verification, we had to remove GOG Connect for Stellaris. We're investigating in order to resolve it and will try to bring you back this offer in the near future.
Post edited June 04, 2019 by CervelloYM
dermki: Connect not recognizing stellaris :-(
CervelloYM: Because...

XYCat: We're terribly sorry, but due to technical issues with Steam library verification, we had to remove GOG Connect for Stellaris. We're investigating in order to resolve it and will try to bring you back this offer in the near future.
CervelloYM:
aah ty ^^

a second mail from them clarifying might not be a bad idea :)
Is GOG Connect still an active feature? It's been a long time since I've seen some games added :/
Ric-82: Is GOG Connect still an active feature? It's been a long time since I've seen some games added :/
There's been no official announcement but the general consensus is that since Galaxy 2.0 merges games from competing stores into one launcher, it's probably 'quietly dead'.
AB2012: There's been no official announcement but the general consensus is that since Galaxy 2.0 merges games from competing stores into one launcher, it's probably 'quietly dead'.
It's a pity, as there's a big difference between being able to launch Steam games through Galaxy and actually getting a DRM-free copy.

But from a business perspective they achieve the same goal, which is trying to get Steam users to also use GOG.

EDIT: I imagine Galaxy 2.0 is a lot cheaper in the long term too, as I assume that GOG had to pay for every game transferred with GOG Connect even if they did negotiate a reduced rate.

EDIT EDIT: I guess they have somewhat different goals in mind. GOG Connect is for people who do care about DRM-free games but already have a substantial Steam library.

The problem is that most Steam users by definition don't really care about DRM-free games, or at least they don't care about Steam-DRM.

Galaxy 2.0 appeals to the latter demographic rather than the former. There's no point in trying to entice the majority of Steam users with DRM-free games when they demonstrably don't care about Steam's DRM. But if you can get them launching all of their client-locked games through Galaxy then you can shove adverts in their faces and maybe persuade some of them to buy their next game on GOG.
Post edited August 26, 2019 by SirPrimalform
Ric-82: Is GOG Connect still an active feature? It's been a long time since I've seen some games added :/
AB2012: There's been no official announcement but the general consensus is that since Galaxy 2.0 merges games from competing stores into one launcher, it's probably 'quietly dead'.
Yep I think that's exactly it.
SirPrimalform: It's a pity, as there's a big difference between being able to launch Steam games through Galaxy and actually getting a DRM-free copy.
Especially that launching a game which in fact launch the steam client is nothing more than a windows desktop link put inside a new client.
I read in another thread that it is required to give steam credentials inside Galaxy ? To launch a steam link ?
So if, in addition, it's coinsidered as the real DRM free copy that was GogConnect giving away, it's abslutely... wellI am not sure of the correct adjective

(personnaly I'm discovering all that GOG store, so I may missed something important for my comprehension)
Post edited September 04, 2019 by forkakova
forkakova: Especially that launching a game which in fact launch the steam client is nothing more than a windows desktop link put inside a new client.
I read in another thread that it is required to give steam credentials inside Galaxy ? To launch a steam link ?
So if, in addition, it's coinsidered as the real DRM free copy that was GogConnect giving away, it's abslutely... welI am not sure of the correct adjective
Giving credentials is probably just to allow GOG to read what games you have on Steam to have them appear automatically inside Galaxy without needing to manually add each one. GOG cannot handle Steam's DRM natively and so all Galaxy 2.0 really does is as you said, be a client which launches an internal shortcut link that launches another client (Steam) which launches the game...

I understand why GOG does this to please the "I want all my games in one place but I also need a client to launch my games crowd". What I've always found weird is the need to replace direct Windows shortcut links in the first place which "just work" the same for all stores, treat all vendors equally and allow "all my games in one place" for everyone by default. It's like we're now having to invent convoluted solutions for entirely avoidable problems that never needed to exist because they were already solved back in 1995 with the Start Menu. But that was too much common sense for the "PC gaming should = Steam only" crowd...
Post edited September 04, 2019 by AB2012
SirPrimalform: It's a pity, as there's a big difference between being able to launch Steam games through Galaxy and actually getting a DRM-free copy.
forkakova: Especially that launching a game which in fact launch the steam client is nothing more than a windows desktop link put inside a new client.
So if, in addition, it's coinsidered as the real DRM free copy that was GogConnect giving away, it's abslutely... wellI am not sure of the correct adjective

(personnaly I'm discovering all that GOG store, so I may missed something important for my comprehension)
Yeah, that was pretty much my point. It doesn't actually prevent you from having to use Steam so to me it's fairly pointless.
Glory to the Start Menu!

Okay, I'd probably wait to see what the Autumn sale has for us. Won't be long now...
Post edited September 04, 2019 by PookaMustard
SirPrimalform: EDIT: I imagine Galaxy 2.0 is a lot cheaper in the long term too, as I assume that GOG had to pay for every game transferred with GOG Connect even if they did negotiate a reduced rate.
That's a pretty big assumption. I am pretty sure that it does not cost GOG a thing since afaik it's basically a feature provided by the devs/publishers to be customer friendly (never heard about the fact that the publisher still gets money for a GOG connect game and it also would be quite hard to track such "sales") and for GOG it is a win since people using GOG connect also might buy other games on GOG as well.
MarkoH01: That's a pretty big assumption. I am pretty sure that it does not cost GOG a thing since afaik it's basically a feature provided by the devs/publishers to be customer friendly (never heard about the fact that the publisher still gets money for a GOG connect game and it also would be quite hard to track such "sales") and for GOG it is a win since people using GOG connect also might buy other games on GOG as well.
I admit it's an assumption, but I don't see why it's so crazy. I would have expected GOG might negotiate a reduced rate or maybe even a flat fee, but it's a marketing tool for GOG not for the publishers so I wouldn't expect them to go for it unless there was something in it for them.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean about tracking "sales". GOG will know exactly how many people have claimed the game through connect.
Post edited September 04, 2019 by SirPrimalform
MarkoH01: That's a pretty big assumption. I am pretty sure that it does not cost GOG a thing since afaik it's basically a feature provided by the devs/publishers to be customer friendly (never heard about the fact that the publisher still gets money for a GOG connect game and it also would be quite hard to track such "sales") and for GOG it is a win since people using GOG connect also might buy other games on GOG as well.
SirPrimalform: I admit it's an assumption, but I don't see why it's so crazy. I would have expected GOG might negotiate a reduced rate or maybe even a flat fee, but it's a marketing tool for GOG not for the publishers so I wouldn't expect them to go for it unless there was something in it for them.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean about tracking "sales". GOG will know exactly how many people have claimed the game through connect.
I did not say that it would be crazy - just that I think it's quite a big assumption.
Yes, GOG will know how many games have "connected" of course but the publishers might never know.
Anyway - nobody from us can say for sure if your assumption is correct and I don't want to claim that it is not - I simply never heard about it before.