It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

https://twitter.com/textfiles/status/761598343315353600

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_amiga&tab=about

10,366 titles at the moment. Games and programs.
Among others: Alien Breed, Xenon II and Lemmings.
They can be run in a browser, but you can also download adf-files to run in an emulator.
No Psycho Pinball :(
HertogJan: https://twitter.com/textfiles/status/761598343315353600

They can be run in a browser, but you can also download adf-files to run in an emulator.
Who has rights for these Amiga versions? Does the Emulator have ANY* legal standings?

* Compare to Illegal Emulators that contain unlicensed module engines from systems that never reached public domain status ex. Atari.
Post edited August 08, 2016 by BlackThorny
HertogJan: https://twitter.com/textfiles/status/761598343315353600

For offline emulators, our comrade IamSinistar had a few useful links if I remember well as the emulators needs a proper BIOS or this kind of stuff

Anyway, as it's a bit of a mess on Archive.org for newbies, here's a extensive list of good Amiga games taken from my French paper book on the subject ("101 Jeux Amiga"):

advantage tennis
adventures of robin hood
agony
alien breed
another world
apidya
barbarian 2
B.A.T.
Batman the movie
battle isle
battle squadron
benefactor
black crypt
cadaver
cannon fodder
captain blood
captive
castle master
chaos engine
croisière pour un cadavre
darkmere
dark seed
defender of the crown
deliverance
desert strike
disposable hero
drakkhen
dreamweb
dune
dune 2
elfmania
epic
exile
extase
F/A-18 intereceptor
faery tale adventure
fire and ice
first samurai
flashback
flood
formula one
frontier: elite 2
godfather
gods
golden axe
great courts 2
heimdall
hunter
indiana jones and the last crusade
it came from the desert
james pond 2
jim power
kick off 2
leander
lemmings
lionheart
lotus esprit turbo challenge
magic pockets
marble madness
maupiti island
mega lo mania
moonstone
no second prize
north & south
operation stealth
pang
pinball dreams
pirates
populous
powermonger
prince of persia
project-x
putty
rainbow islands
rick dangerous
robocop 3
rodland
ruff 'n' tumble
secret of monkey island
sensible world of soccer
settlers
shadow of the beast
sim city
soccer kid
speedball 2
starglider 2
stunt car racer
super cars 2
superfrog
swiv
syndicate
teenage queen
toki
turrican 2
universe
unreal
les voyageurs du temps
vroom
wings
wizkid
xenon 2
Since they host for example the disney games for DOS, how legal is it really?
https://archive.org/about/terms.php

"The Internet Archive respects the intellectual property rights and other proprietary rights of others. The Internet Archive may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, remove certain content or disable access to content that appears to infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your copyright has been violated by material available through the Internet Archive, please provide the Internet Archive Copyright Agent with the following information: ....."

My take is that this is illegal software, from a copyright standpoint, and that they don't give a shit unless you make your lawyer bark at them.
BlackThorny: Who has rights for these Amiga versions? Does the Emulator have ANY* legal standings?

* Compare to Illegal Emulators that contain unlicensed module engines from systems that never reached public domain status ex. Atari.
KingofGnG's post answers your question.
I'm guessing they're partially gambling on copyright holders not knowing they own the copyright, copyrights which are spread over several companies and copyright owners who don't care or see no harm in it.
Post edited August 08, 2016 by HertogJan
HertogJan: KingofGnG's post answers your question.
I'm guessing they're partially gambling on copyright holders not knowing they own the copyright, copyrights which are spread over several companies and copyright owners who don't care or see no harm in it.
I should note that I also don't give a shit about copyright myself :-P

The work The Internet Archive is putting into preserving old software, whatever the copyright status, is perfectly fine with me. Except for Web emulation, which is utter crap. I prefer my software as I prefer my women: downlaoded, off-line, locally connected to my machinery XD
This is what Wikipedia says:

"
[i]The Internet Archive has "the largest collection of historical software online in the world", spanning 50 years of computer history in terabytes of computer magazines and journals, books, shareware discs, FTP web sites, video games, etc. The Internet Archive has created an archive of what it describes as "vintage software", as a way to preserve them.

The project advocated for an exemption from the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act to permit them to bypass copy protection, which was approved in 2003 for a period of three years. The Archive does not offer the software for download, as the exemption is solely "for the purpose of preservation or archival reproduction of published digital works by a library or archive." The exemption was renewed in 2006, and in 2009 was indefinitely extended pending further rulemakings. The Library reiterated the exemption, as a "Final Rule" with no expiration date, in 2010.

In 2013, the Internet Archive began to provide abandonware video games browser-playable via MESS, for instance the Atari 2600 game E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. Since 23 December 2014, the Internet Archive presents via a browser based DOSBox emulation thousands of DOS/PC games for "scholarship and research purposes only".[/i]
"

I guess they could be allowed to gather all that copyrighted games backed by the recognition of being a foundation looking for the preservation of software, but it also seems that they don't care to actively distance themselves from the practices of any abandonware site, both give you all the games for free while just saying "for scolarship and research purposes" or "delete them within 24h".
So 10,336 Amiga games, I take it that a lot of them are PD titles?
I was under the impression that the Amiga had a library of some 3,000 commercially released games.
Doc0075: So 10,336 Amiga games, I take it that a lot of them are PD titles?
I was under the impression that the Amiga had a library of some 3,000 commercially released games.
It's not just games, but also applications.
Amiga had quite a rich demo scene, perhaps those are included too.
Doc0075: So 10,336 Amiga games, I take it that a lot of them are PD titles?
HertogJan: It's not just games, but also applications.
Amiga had quite a rich demo scene, perhaps those are included too.
it's not even the complete amiga games library-I checked and there are at least 10 titles missing. Maybe they couldn't get the games from big developers like Activision... Also, games we know were released on the amiga, like Aladdin, aren't present.
Post edited August 08, 2016 by wizisi2k
park_84: I guess they could be allowed to gather all that copyrighted games backed by the recognition of being a foundation looking for the preservation of software, but it also seems that they don't care to actively distance themselves from the practices of any abandonware site, both give you all the games for free while just saying "for scolarship and research purposes" or "delete them within 24h".
As I said, they don't give a shit. On the IA there is even an archive of the "Twilight" collections of yore, if you know what I mean... And that's a boon, for someone like me interesting in ravaging old software, pirated compilations for studying purposes.
A lot of amiga games have been released as freeware (but probably not all 10,000), but IMO the bigger problem is that the Amiga ROM is still under copyright. Sites like Amiga Forever are still making money selling licenses to the ROMs. So it seems like this is on very shaky legal grounds. The ROMs don't appear to be directly downloadable, but the fact that you can use them through your browser seems roughly equivalent.
They are downloadable though, or at least a lot of them are.