It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

koima57: Thanks, I will look closer to that spotlight indeed, the few Youtube videos turned me way off, I hate puzzles and just found that at first typing.. While I love RPG games and maker engine.. Conflicted! :P
triock: Geez, this game is not about puzzles, it's typical RPG Maker game and I quite like it. ;)
Okay, for 1$ I'm sold, I trust you GOGers word.. :)
triock: Geez, this game is not about puzzles, it's typical RPG Maker game and I quite like it. ;)
koima57: Okay, for 1$ I'm sold, I trust you GOGers word.. :)
Ok, but just in case :p - http://www.blossomsoft.com/walkthrough_EE.pdf
koima57: Okay, for 1$ I'm sold, I trust you GOGers word.. :)
triock: Ok, but just in case :p - http://www.blossomsoft.com/walkthrough_EE.pdf
Thanks, saved it! ^^
AFnord: RPG-maker games can be really good. It just requires a talented person making the game. As with every other tool with a low barrier of entry, expect a lot of garbage for every actual good thing coming out of it.
Stooner: Yeah, I believe in that too... but I also think the tool is very limited, and the games turns out to be all the same (with exceptions, of course) with the same mechanics. Unfortunately, I'm not able to have a "SNES-feeling" while playing those games...

But I guess I'll give this Eternal thing a go... :)
The main problem I see with RPG maker games is the 640x480 maximum resolution - they really should update that. It might have been fine in the CRT era, but not so much now. At least add optional scalars like hq into the mix!

Mechanic-wise, it's apparently possible to introduce plenty of changes through scripting - just look at To the Moon!
New Game:
Steel Storm: Complete Edition
BTA is DLC2: Forgotten Prison....something dull as it is included in the Complete Edition
DRM-free and Steam key
Post edited March 16, 2014 by Schnuff
Schnuff: New Game:
BTA is DLC2: Forgotten Prison....something dull as it is included in the Complete Edition
DRM-free and Steam key
The bonus does really appear to be a "bonus" this week.
Does any one know if the DLC is really included in the base game, or have they actually broken it to a base game and DLC for BTA and just worded it incorrectly. It would not be the first time that IGS has given poor / incorrect information about their sales.
011284mm: Does any one know if the DLC is really included in the base game, or have they actually broken it to a base game and DLC for BTA and just worded it incorrectly. It would not be the first time that IGS has given poor / incorrect information about their sales.
I couldn't find any confirmation of what Schnuff wrote. On Steam the Forgotten Prison DLC is sold separately and on Desura and the dev's homepage it doesn't seem available at all. You can buy packages of the game that include DLC, but only the Weapon Pack DLC, from what I've seen.

Apparantly Forgotten Prison contains just one additional level though.
Post edited March 16, 2014 by Leroux
Schnuff: New Game:
DRM-free and Steam key
011284mm: The bonus does really appear to be a "bonus" this week.
Does any one know if the DLC is really included in the base game, or have they actually broken it to a base game and DLC for BTA and just worded it incorrectly. It would not be the first time that IGS has given poor / incorrect information about their sales.
I've payed more than enough for the game so i got it incl. BTA....so yes it is included.
And that was after i read the little text under the picture:
Complete Edition Includes - SS Burning Retribution & Forgotten Prison DLC & Weapon Pack

And because there are only 2 DLC available for this game and the BTA is:
Steel Storm DLC2: Forgotten Prison
i would say yes, that should be enough hints or?

To make sure i have even run the hated Steam client and added the game (something not done since last year)
And surprise...if you try to add the key for the DLC you get the message that you own it already.
Schnuff: ~snip~
Whoops, sorry, I misread your earlier post and didn't realize you meant the very same IGS version offered here and that it's even explicitly written there. That's pretty weird and confusing indeed. :/
Schnuff: ~snip~
Leroux: Whoops, sorry, I misread your earlier post and didn't realize you meant the very same IGS version offered here and that it's even explicitly written there. That's pretty weird and confusing indeed. :/
np
maybe some of the ninjas are now sorry about that...cause after i added my very first key on Steam i couldn't
stop....and now all the 40+ keys i wanted to drop in the ninja thread are gone :p
well they can rot on my unused Steam account.
Leroux: Whoops, sorry, I misread your earlier post and didn't realize you meant the very same IGS version offered here and that it's even explicitly written there. That's pretty weird and confusing indeed. :/
Schnuff: np
maybe some of the ninjas are now sorry about that...cause after i added my very first key on Steam i couldn't
stop....and now all the 40+ keys i wanted to drop in the ninja thread are gone :p
well they can rot on my unused Steam account.
Well, in case those weren't Steam-exclusives and you still have access to the DRM versions of those games, I guess it's only fair - personally I've made it a habit to only give away keys if it means giving away the whole game or if I've already bought more than one version of the game in question. Paying once and then splitting the game among two strangers (DRM-free/Steam) doesn't seem right to me. On the other hand, if those were exclusives and you won't ever play them now, either they must have been pretty boring games or you're a very principled person (in which case my imaginary hat's off to you). :D
Leroux: snip
bought them from bundlestars with celebration of my next birthday on mind.
But who knows, maybe someday i'll change my principles...everything is possible
with the exception of our very own government :p (sooory inside joke for Germans, Mama knows best)
011284mm: The bonus does really appear to be a "bonus" this week.
Schnuff: I've payed more than enough for the game so i got it incl. BTA....so yes it is included.
And that was after i read the little text under the picture:
Complete Edition Includes - SS Burning Retribution & Forgotten Prison DLC & Weapon Pack

And because there are only 2 DLC available for this game and the BTA is:
Steel Storm DLC2: Forgotten Prison
i would say yes, that should be enough hints or?

To make sure i have even run the hated Steam client and added the game (something not done since last year)
And surprise...if you try to add the key for the DLC you get the message that you own it already.
I'm not sure how that happened to you.. someone else bought the $1 tier and didn't get the Forgotten Prison DLC on Steam.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328569-indiegamestand-thread-v2-current-deal-steel-storm/#entry11614907

I guess its possible that you get a different key for the base game if you BTA, but doesn't make much sense.
Post edited March 16, 2014 by spoderman
spoderman: I guess its possible that you get a different key for the base game if you BTA, but doesn't make much sense.
I confess that i don't know anything about Steam.
So i logged in again.
The game shows on my list, but not the DLC's...is that normal?
Anyway, i searched for the DLC's and there comes the message that i already own them...and no, i don't want to
download it from them, i don't even download it from IGS its just another one for the collection :p
(thats reminds me...still nobody here who could rent me a time machine? Or the Elixir of Life? I need more time
urgently....pretty pretty please...you can even wear my pink tutu)
Post edited March 16, 2014 by Schnuff
Schnuff:
The Steam client will show you what DLCs you have if you right-click a game and selection "View Downloadable Content"... or Properties and select the DLC tab.