It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: If you look at the code of the checkout page, you can see the piñata ID before purchasing it. Has someone figured out if there is a correlation between ID and game?

I bought one and got:
1449801923: Machinarium Collector's Edition

Which, btw, I own, despite not owning all the games in the OP list (missing Republique), so the FAQ ("We're making sure that you only find games that you don't have yet") is incorrect. Call me unsurprised.
Yup, Just got two games as gifts despite not owning Dreamfall or Republique. :(
mrkgnao: I bought one and got:

Which, btw, I own, despite not owning all the games in the OP list (missing Republique), so the FAQ ("We're making sure that you only find games that you don't have yet") is incorrect. Call me unsurprised.
real.geizterfahr: 1. Republique seems to be "out of stock"
2. Did you buy the piñata as a gift? Gift purchases don't care for what you have in your library.
3. Ask support for a refund. Don't even try to give away Machinarium. It seems to be the game that everyone gets from the piñata xP
1) Yes. I figured as much. I woke up too late. At least I know not to whack any more in the next three days.
2) No. I bought it with a game I did not own (NEO Scavenger) and GOG converted it to a gift code.
3) I probably won't. I took the risk with open eyes, rather expecting to get a game I own. I just consider it as buying Neo Scavenger at a 30% discount instead of 50%.
I got Eador, Masters of the Broken World.

Not really my cup of tea. :(

I thought the prices of the games we got were supposed to range from $9.99 to $44.99? (Oh it's $17.99, I think I was looking at dlc or something)
Post edited September 11, 2015 by Dizzard.495
Noobroller: Got Legend of Grimrock, already have it on steam. Welp.
So now you have it to keep instead of renting it.
Interesting sale but I think I'll skip the pinata for now because I have many of the ones listed. Maybe the next go round...
real.geizterfahr: edit: GOG's FAQ isn't incorrect. They never said what's inside the piñata and they never said that there's an unlimited number of every game. They just say that you don't get games you already own as long as there are games inside that you don't own already. Republique doesn't have to be inside the piñata (anymore) just because it shows up in the tracker thread ;)
You are right. Corrected my comment.
mrkgnao: 1) Yes. I figured as much. I woke up too late.
That's a weird way to do the promo anyway... The first couple of minutes we had "Yay, got Republique" posts all over the forum and now they're (temporarily?) sold out. Would be a better idea to lower the chance to get it and keep it available for a few hours (or even days).
1954 Alcatraz
Randal's Monday
Shelter

Definitely worth the $9
mrkgnao: If you look at the code of the checkout page, you can see the piñata ID before purchasing it. Has someone figured out if there is a correlation between ID and game?

I bought one and got:

I will update the OP with this info. Maybe we can somehow figure out what the Pinata contains.
HitMe!: I just finished playing Shadow Warrior, and I had a blast, enjoy it!

cstuckma: Whoa! I just got Shadow Warrior (2013) on my first Piñata! That is the fanciest looking mystery game I have ever gotten. It is also a title that I would not have otherwise considered, but will definitely try it out now.

Thanks GOG!!!!!!
HitMe!:
Thanks! I think I will. If I wasn't in the middle of Divinity II, I'd start this one immediately. I'm downloading it now to be prepared.

I may have to grab another piñata, though...
Is it possible to gift a game if I haven't downloaded/played it?

If anybody wants Eador, Masters of the Broken World they could send me a message and we could trade maybe?
mrkgnao: 1) Yes. I figured as much. I woke up too late.
real.geizterfahr: That's a weird way to do the promo anyway... The first couple of minutes we had "Yay, got Republique" posts all over the forum and now they're (temporarily?) sold out. Would be a better idea to lower the chance to get it and keep it available for a few hours (or even days).
My thoughts exactly.

I do appreciate it, though, that (if I read the FAQ correctly (with your help)) once you get one game you own, you are guaranteed to only get games you own (i.e. should probably stop whacking), at least until the games change in three days (which, btw, I initially read as three hours, expecting some insomnia).
Post edited September 11, 2015 by mrkgnao
Noobroller: Got Legend of Grimrock, already have it on steam. Welp.
mvscot: So now you have it to keep instead of renting it.
Actually, it would just mean he's renting it without DRM:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/do_we_really_own_our_games_on_gog_or_rather_not_discussion_and_research
I got Outlast. I'm really happy with that, especially since it works on Linux!
I did a first try with 3 piñatas and paypal, got the PayPal piñata bug, so the games are lost in limbo.
In a second try with yet another three piñatas I got:

Critter Chronicles
Spelunky
Shadow Warrior 2013

Already have those three, and didn't get it as gift. But the list of candidates looks pretty small, and for now Republique is the only one I didn't already have.
I'll try to get store credit from the three or six when the PayPal issue gets sorted out.
Hopefully quickly enough, as I'd use that credit to get serpents in the stagland.
Post edited September 11, 2015 by rgnrk