It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UBOAT is now available DRM-free. Get it 20% off until August 20th, 1pm UTC.

UBOAT is a simulator of a submarine from WWII era. It is a survival sandbox with crew management mechanics while its primary theme is life of German sailors. The boat is their home, but it can become their grave at any time.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suY06PVK_bI
Survival sandbox with crew management mechanics - sounds (and looks) interesting!
Will be watching this for now.

-- But captain, that is a merchantman!!!
-- This is total war. Back to your post, sailor!
GOG.com: UBOAT is a simulator of a submarine from WWII era. It is a survival sandbox with crew management mechanics
In UBOAT you control the crew in order to control the boat.
You look after their physical and mental health, because if the sailors are hungry, tired and their spirit is low, there’s no chance of winning even a skirmish.
If crew's morale is low - play with them a session of Skat or play music from nearby radio stations, to fortify their hearts.

Hm,...wasn't there another u-boat simulation where you had to keep an eye on your crew's psyche?
I think I remember such a game...

Maybe one of the Silent Hunters?

Edit: going by the FAQ on the Steam page, the game is in early access since April (?) 2018, so maybe I actually thought of this one...

Edit 2:
GOG.com: Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
Erm...shouldn't there be some sort of indicator to this little fact on the game's page?
Because right now, there isn't any hint to that.

Edit 3: They added the "in dev" tag to the game's page - good.
They also changed the discount from "10% off" to "20% off"...which is also good. :)
Attachments:
Post edited August 14, 2019 by BreOl72
So Das Boot?

Hope it doesn't end the same way.
Well, I guess that's better than iBoat. 999$ for a periscope.
I remember the early access release on Steam was pretty bad.
Post edited August 13, 2019 by AWG43
Yay looks great!
GOG.com: Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
BreOl72: Erm...shouldn't there be some sort of indicator to this little fact on the game's page?
I was wondering about that too. In contrast https://www.gog.com/game/factorio still has its 'in dev' banner, so this looks like an oversight.
You forgot something:
Das Boot Theme
BreOl72: Erm...shouldn't there be some sort of indicator to this little fact on the game's page?
VanishedOne: I was wondering about that too. [...] this looks like an oversight.
Oh, I'm sure it is just an oversight.
But a pretty serious one.
If people don't read the description in the release thread (Note: This game is currently in development.) and simply head on to the store page and buy the game, they (rightfully) expect to purchase a final release - not an "in Dev", resp. Early Access title.
Slow it down, devs. Your putting out games I want to play faster than I can play them :(
MobiusArcher: Slow it down, devs. Your putting out games I want to play faster than I can play them :(
Backlog will solve that... i played only 40 games of the 2K games i collected over the past 10 years ( thats about 16 bought games each month /4 is 6 games a week)(not drinking , no movies, no holidays outside my country saves a nice amount of cash)

(400 games on retail ( cd/dvd) rest is digital only)

Anyway the recomm. system req. are pretty high

i can only play the Eliza visual novel @ 1367x 768 , but not at recomm. high resolution.

I wait for the game : Mr. Prepper ( i doubt if it will be released in this life, maybe someday but not soon i guess)
because it claims an i5 750 2.66 ghz will be a recomm. system , and althoigh i also doubt tha aswell, it makes me even more curious and i hope it will be released :D

On the MR. Prepper Steam page they ask : Check out more games from our friends

Buy UBOAT

UBOAT is a simulator of a submarine from WWII era. It is a survival sandbox with crew management mechanics while its primary theme is life of German sailors. The boat is their home, but it can become their grave at any time.
Well it seems the game is here at GOG now so now it's time to make sure they are next to earn some cash, i hope they speed up the process with the Mr. Prepper game

attachment: mr_prepper.jpg
Attachments:
Whenever I see this scene, I have to think of this (greatest moment in german dubbing lol).
Post edited August 13, 2019 by Dray2k