It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UBOAT is now available DRM-free. Get it 20% off until August 20th, 1pm UTC.

UBOAT is a simulator of a submarine from WWII era. It is a survival sandbox with crew management mechanics while its primary theme is life of German sailors. The boat is their home, but it can become their grave at any time.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
There have been dozens of these over the years. Main problem is that life in submarines was boring, and simulated life in submarines tends to be boring as well. Of the ones I´ve played, Aces of the Deep was probably the one that felt better, and later, more modern remakes (I¨m looking at you Silent Hunter series) weren´t par. I doubt this one will be that good either, sorry to say.
Simulator like this haven´t been here for very, very long.

This is a niche audience thing and it´s good that game like this is being made.
I am sure it will find it´s audience here.
GrossorMD: ... problem is that life in submarines was boring...
Boring you say? How about fishing from time to time?
Nerevar.220: So Das Boot?

Hope it doesn't end the same way.
Das Boot the movie rocks. Das Boot the tv series is an abomination.
GrossorMD: ... problem is that life in submarines was boring...
i_ni: Boring you say? How about fishing from time to time?
Days of uncomfortable boredom. Then excitement followed by hours of terror.
GrossorMD: There have been dozens of these over the years. Main problem is that life in submarines was boring, and simulated life in submarines tends to be boring as well. Of the ones I´ve played, Aces of the Deep was probably the one that felt better, and later, more modern remakes (I¨m looking at you Silent Hunter series) weren´t par. I doubt this one will be that good either, sorry to say.
Time compression is a must. But if you have to babysit each single sailor... What about having noncoms and officers in the chain of command taking care of that, and pointing out the most difficult situtations?
Post edited August 13, 2019 by Carradice
The game looks like it is heavily influenced by or even an implementation of this board game(an accompanying app, basically tells the players what happens, a bit like a digital game master):
U-Boot
Post edited August 13, 2019 by Arundir
Offline backup installers are broken. Again. Wrong files and file sizes and/or missing files altogether. The force is not strong with the QA at GOG :(
Post edited August 13, 2019 by liquidBass
:|
Post edited August 14, 2019 by falloutttt
So it's like Das Boot: The Video Game? Color me intrigued.
Arundir: The game looks like it is heavily influenced by or even an implementation of this board game(an accompanying app, basically tells the players what happens, a bit like a digital game master):
U-Boot
Seems they copied several features from Roberto Fraga's Captain Sonar. Especially the crew roster of 4 players. Captain Sonar did not need any (distracting) app to play at all and relies on communication between the players. Better played in real time, not by turns. A great game if you can get 3-5 other people to play. Different roles require different skills, which is great for adapting to any group of people.
I see it's been tagged as in dev now.
ooooOOOoooo

definitely wishlisted, wish there was some way to get Jürgen Prochnows avatar in the mix
mintee: definitely wishlisted, wish there was some way to get Jürgen Prochnows avatar in the mix
Or Kapitänleutnant Philipp "I'm not in the condition to fuck" Thomsen's.
mintee: definitely wishlisted, wish there was some way to get Jürgen Prochnows avatar in the mix
Swedrami: Or Kapitänleutnant Philipp "I'm not in the condition to fuck" Thomsen's.
lol. the devs were smart in their marketing vibe
VanishedOne: I see it's been tagged as in dev now.
yeah :/

seems game is great, but there's lots of bugs at the moment.
bugy mess