It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

How far will you go to survive?

<span class="bold">The Long Dark</span>, an immersive, existential struggle for post-apocalypric survival, is available now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 33% launch discount.

Darkness. Silence. The sky flares wildly. It's a beautiful, quiet apocalypse as humanity falls to its knees. Technological might laid to waste completely: the lights go out one last time, the electrical hum of machinery replaced by birdsong and... nothing. No energy, no food, no warmth. What does the future hold?

The Long Dark is a first-person survival simulation that'll force you to think, and challenge you in unique ways: a frozen wasteland and the disinterest of Mother Nature may threaten your survival, but it's your own fear, greed, and humanity that'll become your worst enemy.

The Long Dark is all about solo survival in an unforgiving environment, but Hinterland Studio Inc. are also planning a Story mode with a narrative framework for the players' struggles. Until its planned Spring 2016 release, they will also be tweaking the mechanics, items, and overall environment, in order to achieve the perfect balance between punishing realism and a rewarding sense of accomplishment. Hinterland Studio Inc. invite everyone to check out the game's official website and stay up-to-date on all the news from development.

Let yourself weaken and any small threat may lead to your death. You have to earn the right to survive <span class="bold">The Long Dark</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 33% discount will last until February 11, 1:59 PM GMT.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
NoNewTaleToTell: Game looks pretty great! I'd love to see the Forest here too, and several others of the "survival sandbox" genre that has popped up over the last two years or so.
I want that game here too. 37,000 positive reviews at Steam. It offers co-op and multiplayer so it would be a perfect game to be utilized in crossplay with Galaxy if they can get it working.
I have been surprised by a lot of the backlash from many members of the GOG community when it comes to the early access program. Sure, incomplete, future games are basically the opposite of "good old games" but GOG has also been a big seller and supporter of indie games for a while now. Early access programs are a great way to help support developers who otherwise could not fund a project and helps support the creation of oddball and unique games that are for more of a niche market and would otherwise not get made. I think that like with any other purchase, the consumer should do a little bit of research to make sure that the product is as advertised, and to know the current state of development. The Long Dark is a great example of a brilliant game that was made possible due to early access.

My only suggestion for GOG is that they should make it as clear as possible what the current state of the game's development is on the product page. This seems to be missing from their early access game pages. I feel that there should be some form of meter with milestones, or lists, that clearly shows what is missing from the game and what is complete. Right now the first purchasers just have to take one for the team and the folks who don't purchase things without researching first just have to rely on those early purchaser's reviews (and the state of the game may have changed since then). I'd really like it if GOG takes some kind of smarter approach to early access games and doesn't just continue to copy the Steam early access model.
ashley2ashes: i just want to be sure, but if i buy this i will also get the full game whenever its released right?
Yes, if you buy it upon release you will have full game. Early access stuff just lets you play
and help with the dev's logs and bugs as a tester of sorts.
I' still waiting for the The Long Dark - In Development FAQ:

http://www.gog.com/forum/the_long_dark/the_long_dark_in_development_faq
Dgaart: My only suggestion for GOG is that they should make it as clear as possible what the current state of the game's development is on the product page. This seems to be missing from their early access game pages. I feel that there should be some form of meter with milestones, or lists, that clearly shows what is missing from the game and what is complete. Right now the first purchasers just have to take one for the team and the folks who don't purchase things without researching first just have to rely on those early purchaser's reviews (and the state of the game may have changed since then). I'd really like it if GOG takes some kind of smarter approach to early access games and doesn't just continue to copy the Steam early access model.
THIS^

Please GOG, try to do better. Inform us what is the status of the game at the moment, what modes are already in the game, what is missing, is multiplayer functioning, is there a campaign or not yet, etc. Ask developers difficult questions, like: when the game will be finished, how many bugs are in there, how often builds are made and put a list with answers on the forum and perhaps link it from the release page.
Don't just shove unfinished games here without giving us some info. Do not be lazy!
I know it's (mostly) about money, but we want to be treated better than just wallets...
Finally release date is....released ;p

http://www.thelongdark.com/news/posts/story-mode-announcement/

August 1st.
PS4 players don't "have to watch from the sidelines" - they just need to get computers, eh?
The game's base price is now $35/€32 on Steam, so a similar price should be coming here soon.
fishbaits: Finally release date is....released ;p

August 1st.
The Studio is only talking about a "Steam" release, does Steam also mean DRM-Free version on GOG maintained as on Steam?
fishbaits: Finally release date is....released ;p

August 1st.
MaGo72: The Studio is only talking about a "Steam" release, does Steam also mean DRM-Free version on GOG maintained as on Steam?
That's just their site in general. Doesn't mention humblebundle site or others too, but they have the game.
Guess it saves on extra buttons on page ;)