It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Best experienced with your mouse.

<span class="bold">Ghost of a Tale</span>, a gritty fantasy adventure about a little mouse facing big trouble, now in development, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

They say that history is written by the victors but sometimes the biggest truths are hidden behind a Ghost of a Tale. In this medieval world of animals, where the Mice have been marginalized by the vindictive Rats, Tilo's search for his beloved will accidentally throw him in harm's way. The little mouse minstrel is not much of a fighter, but cunning, guile, and nimbleness are forces to be reckoned with and Tilo wields them as expertly as he does his trusty lute.
Developers SeithCG are equally small in numbers and the community's input is helping them shape this endearing action/RPG into something truly special. The core stealth, exploration, and conversation mechanics are pretty much in place, but the flow of the story and exploration is still being tampered with by the team.
You can keep track of their progress through their official blog at ghostofatale.com.

Play your lute through the spooky halls of Dwindling Heights Keep as you struggle to escape your own <span class="bold">Ghost of a Tale</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 10% launch discount will last until August 1, 4:59 PM UTC.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9rfuK3u7_oc
Post edited July 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
I have taken a closer look into this potential little gem in development. It's a true indie title started by a former supervising animator in the movie industry. It campaigned at indiegogo.com, raising 48,700 EUR. It's amazing what has already been achieved with this amount of money and I think it's well worth supporting this title.

Also honourable, the dev's statement in the original funding campaign:
The game won't be burdened by any DRM. If a person decides to enjoy the game without acknowledging the efforts that went into creating it, there's nothing I can do about it. But somehow hindering honest players' experience does not strike me as a viable solution.
Hopefully Early Access / In Development phase goes well and fairly helps funding further development.
I'm thinking of buying it myself, even if it puts a little stain on my purse.
Post edited August 03, 2016 by DeMignon
gamesfreak64: snip...
i have >250 HOG (HiddenObjectGames) drm free on retail cd/dvd
and at least 200 other small casual games (not HOG) aswell on bestof dvd collections all drm free.
ussnorway: you need a girlfriend mate.
had that ,been there, kids are all grownup,
now it is time for gaming :D
Post edited August 03, 2016 by gamesfreak64
Ghost of a Tale is leaving In Development on 13 March.

http://www.ghostofatale.com/pc-release-in-2-weeks/

So here it is, after almost five years of learning how to create a game from scratch: the final version of Ghost of a Tale will be released for Windows PC on the 13th of March.

It will be available for download on Steam, GOG and Humble Bundle at the price of $24.99. There are no plans for physical release yet (although we would love to eventually have one).

(Note that the game will remain at $19.99 for the next two weeks, until it’s out of early access)
Price increase will go into effect at launch, so keep that in mind if you were planning on getting it near to release. I also recommend clicking on that link to see for yourself how obscenely pretty the game has gotten.
Post edited February 27, 2018 by Fortuk
Bumping the thread to remind anyone interested that the game will be released on the coming Tuesday.and that it will get a price increase when it does.
I'm definitely recommend this game! Only game I wish my comp was better.
Fortuk: Bumping the thread to remind anyone interested that the game will be released on the coming Tuesday.and that it will get a price increase when it does.
I guess I'll wait for a sale then. The game looks fantastic, but I refuse to buy early access games on principle, even if they're about to be fully released the next day.
deleted
It is a fabulous looking game, and plays well too. Of the few games I have pre-ordered, this is the only one which is worth getting now or even at all. Well recommended and gals to see it finally being finished.
Last bump. The game is getting released in an hour: https://twitter.com/SeithCG/status/973527352096542721
Awesome :)
Wow ... where's the full release?
BeatriceElysia: Wow ... where's the full release?
I'm waiting as well. It isn't up on Steam yet either, so he must have misjudged the release time. Shouldn't be long though.
Can't wait to play this, possibly the cutest game of the year.
Thanks for bumping the thread with a heads up on the release. Just bought it.
just decided to pick this up. looks really cool.