It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fox on the run.

FoxTail is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.
Journeys needn't be epic in order to be magical or meaningful. Take Leah, the lovely fox of our story: she's smart, resourceful, upbeat, and she's on a very important quest. Just like in those good ol' adventures of yore, filled with whimsical characters, clever challenges with multiple solutions, and that effortless charm that never fades away.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the FAQ to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
MarkoH01: I am starting to get a bit suspicious here. Most of the intersted people have foxes as avatar ... hmmm ;)
It's just a coincidence. Yeah...yeah, that's it :)
MarkoH01: I am starting to get a bit suspicious here. Most of the intersted people have foxes as avatar ... hmmm ;)
Firefox31780: It's just a coincidence. Yeah...yeah, that's it :)
Oh no... now I can see it ... it's fireFOX .... ;)
Firefox31780: It's just a coincidence. Yeah...yeah, that's it :)
MarkoH01: Oh no... now I can see it ... it's fireFOX .... ;)
You know too much now. There is no use fleeing.
Gingertips: By the way, regarding that CPU usage.
Our programmer did solve this issue. The load in the game has decreased (to 10-15%) and when minimizing (switching) a window – to 0% – it does not load the CPU at all.
This patch will be in the next update of the game (comming soon), so hope everyone who had this issue could enjoy the game at last.
well i got the latest build and sofar when minimised and not visible onscreen the game seems to stick at 5 to 10-12% a, if i alt tab or click on it to show the game, the % goes up, i cant see how much cause it looks like the cursor automatically snaps to the game window so i cant hover over the cpu meter to show the %.

Anyway the idle % is fixed but since the cursor is set to snap to the game window my problems are only 50% solved which is a small progress now i can at least idle the game without burning things up.

edit:

screenshot : foxtail_windowed.png

i have my taskmanager set to stay on top this way i can take a screenshot ....

28% usage, at fullscreen its around 30% or so
Attachments:
Post edited March 20, 2018 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: well i got the latest build and sofar when minimised and not visible onscreen the game seems to stick at 5 to 10-12% a, if i alt tab or click on it to show the game, the % goes up, i cant see how much cause it looks like the cursor automatically snaps to the game window so i cant hover over the cpu meter to show the %.

Anyway the idle % is fixed but since the cursor is set to snap to the game window my problems are only 50% solved which is a small progress now i can at least idle the game without burning things up.

edit:

Could you please tell us your system parameters for the objective assessment?
gamesfreak64: well i got the latest build and sofar when minimised and not visible onscreen the game seems to stick at 5 to 10-12% a, if i alt tab or click on it to show the game, the % goes up, i cant see how much cause it looks like the cursor automatically snaps to the game window so i cant hover over the cpu meter to show the %.

edit:

Gingertips: Could you please tell us your system parameters for the objective assessment?
my pc setup?

its old, but it runs many games with no problems.

Core i5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz Quadcore
8 gb ram

dx 11
win7 64 bits

nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB ram

i have all available drivers and (windows) updates for the hardware ,so thats not the problem
if it was hardware related i would not be able to run the >2000 games i have ( of which 400 retails)
Its not with all games but mostly with 'klik and play' engine to make games:

Unity, Xna framewortk, wintermute , visionaire
all other games i own that were not developed in any of these languages work a charm.
Post edited March 20, 2018 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: my pc setup?

its old, but it runs many games with no problems.

Core i5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz Quadcore
8 gb ram

dx 11
win7 64 bits

nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB ram

i have all available drivers and (windows) updates for the hardware ,so thats not the problem
if it was hardware related i would not be able to run the >2000 games i have ( of which 400 retails)
Its not with all games but mostly with 'klik and play' engine to make games:

Unity, Xna framewortk, wintermute , visionaire
all other games i own that were not developed in any of these languages work a charm.
Thank you!
deleted
When will the Fair Price Package currency discrepancy be fixed? (just posting it here in case GOG is waiting for the dev to ask for it)