It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Build your skyship, explore the open world, fight factions of pirates and monsters, and claim your territory by foot or by your flying vessel. Black Skylands is now available as the game in development on GOG.COM, sporting a 10% discount that will last until 16th July 2021, 5 PM UTC.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
alexandros050: Store page is fixed now...You should probably edit your review too.
Dogmaus: edit a review on GOG? ahahahahahahaha
yes, if I could I'd edit that they are lying about the audio in ALL languages. ALL languages are missing.
soosgjr: The only voice acting I've encountered in the game so far are the grunts during combat. Dialogue is the usual beep-boop over text kind of stuff.
Dogmaus: more lies...thank you
Then maybe don't make reviews based on emotional outburst and do some research before you sperg out in a comment?
I hate this kinda artstyle so much
Dogmaus: edit a review on GOG? ahahahahahahaha
yes, if I could I'd edit that they are lying about the audio in ALL languages. ALL languages are missing.

more lies...thank you
Yeshu: Then maybe don't make reviews based on emotional outburst and do some research before you sperg out in a comment?
My review is correct, all those audio languages are missing
But English and Russian are as well, and not just on GOG, but they are simply lying about it on every platform.
So maybe GOG shouldn't accept this beheviour from devs? What is the purpouse of curation?
And if the review system is rubbish as the whole site it's not my fault. You are free to stop using it.

But sure, blame me, be a good fan of a business that doesn't care about you. I'm sure they're sending you a prize.

Also, your comment making fun on Asperger is disgusting. Many on the forum are in the autism-spectrum disorder and you could count to 10 before insulting people with Asperger's Syndome.
Post edited July 12, 2021 by Dogmaus
I always find that straight down sprite style strange, I much prefer a bit of an angle so I can see a face sometimes instead of the top of a head.

The gameplay looks pretty cool though.
Yeshu: Then maybe don't make reviews based on emotional outburst and do some research before you sperg out in a comment?
Dogmaus: Also, your comment making fun on Asperger is disgusting. Many on the forum are in the autism-spectrum disorder and you could count to 10 before insulting people with Asperger's Syndome.
If you don't mind me asking, what part of his statement pertained to making fun on Asperger?

EDIT: capitayn catte pointed it out to me and you're right, the derogatory phrase by Yeshu was indeed uncalled for. I'll leave alone the rest of the my post regarding the bad reviews though.

Also, you yourself just said asked someone to count to 10 before doing something, so doesn't it stand to reason that maybe following one's own advice would be logical? Not trying to insult you, just seemed a contradiction.

A few reasons I commented to your post:
- I hate to see a game get negative reviews before someone even tried the game (plenty of games I enjoy get hosed by people who haven't even tried it)
- Everyone has a right to make a comment in a thread for any topic, but why would someone who doesn't even own the game put a review on the game page? Makes no sense. (your comments so far in this thread, implies you don't own it on Steam, correct me if I'm wrong though)

Also, according to a few posts here, the store page has been fixed. And from some game forum posts, it appears the release it now identical to the Steam version.

I'm not saying you’re doing anything bad. I'm always puzzled at the instant hate towards games and their developers before the game has even been tried. All of it over a simple mistake.

I can understand the sentiment if people have had a bad experience with the same developers. That would make a lot more sense.

I guess once in a while I just get tired of all the negative things people put out here before the ink has even had a chance to dry in a manner of speaking.

I don't currently own the game. But after spending some time researching it, I have the feeling It'll be one of my favorites once I do get it. So, it kind of sucks to know people trashed it for reasons that have already been resolved.

If this developer made a good game, I want them to gain the funds to continue to make more good games. I often stay away from games with extremely bad reviews and I imagine others do as well and most often don't buy those games if they appear too risky to buy. Only doing so if the bad reviews seem to be rather silly or were nitpicking.

So, words do have power when it comes to sales and so careless words can be costly and undeserved.

I can't imagine even you would enjoy careless words said towards you, any more than I would towards me. Please, I implore you and others to responsible with reviews. They matter.

Use the threads here if you really feel like saying whatever, but not the store page, at least not without a truly valid reason and hopefully as the owner of said game. Often people who want to take a bad review back later, never make the effort do so. So, it forever remains a dark cloud on an otherwise good game.
Post edited July 13, 2021 by gog2002x
gog2002x: If you don't mind me asking, what part of his statement pertained to making fun on Asperger?
To "sperg out" is something of a derogatory phrase, no?
gog2002x: If you don't mind me asking, what part of his statement pertained to making fun on Asperger?
my name is capitayn catte: To "sperg out" is something of a derogatory phrase, no?
You're right, I looked it up and that turns out to be the case. Which makes the original persons comment uncalled for indeed. I agree it's not nice to use such a phrase, it's poor manners.
Post edited July 13, 2021 by gog2002x
Bit off-topic but could everyone who can't edit their reviews please submit a bugreport like I already did last week?

Thank you!
ConanTheBald: Bit off-topic but could everyone who can't edit their reviews please submit a bugreport like I already did last week?

Thank you!
it's not a bug! This is how reviews work on GOG ahahah
And there are reviews like "sdhrrakbgkjgers", or "the protagonist is a girl and I'm a boy so I hate this because I am a boy" and they all get accepted. You could write a cake recipe for a review and it will be there. I honestly don't know if I'd put my game on GOG if I were a dev, expecially when still in dev.
ConanTheBald: Bit off-topic but could everyone who can't edit their reviews please submit a bugreport like I already did last week?

Thank you!
Dogmaus: it's not a bug! This is how reviews work on GOG ahahah
And there are reviews like "sdhrrakbgkjgers", or "the protagonist is a girl and I'm a boy so I hate this because I am a boy" and they all get accepted. You could write a cake recipe for a review and it will be there. I honestly don't know if I'd put my game on GOG if I were a dev, expecially when still in dev.
I actually saw your recipe, which in turn inspired me to write my own and then to submit a bug report - because this definitely is a bug. You (I, in this case really) can't "report" all reviews either, which is another bug as well.

GOG is actually the only "platform" I'm considering to "put my game on". Not only because I really like the concept of "DRM free" as a gamer. I don't know if you know but torrents are basically free marketing. The problem is that only popular games get cracked and torrented. No-one cares enough about some small indie game to actually crack it and release it in the wild. Which is the reason why so many indies go to die on Steam. Releasing on GOG avoids this cracking problem altogether. Which for small indie developer means, like I already mentioned, free marketing.

Sure, it doesn't mean automatic success but at least it would be a start.

P.S. I do agree with you that releasing anything still In-Dev on Gog wouldn't be such a good idea, at least for now anyway.
ConanTheBald: I actually saw your recipe, which in turn inspired me to write my own and then to submit a bug report - because this definitely is a bug. You (I, in this case really) can't "report" all reviews either, which is another bug as well.
Sorry, I have no idea of what you are talking about.
Full release! :)

Black Skylands - Official Launch Trailer
Lone_Scout: Full release! :)

Excellent news !
Lone_Scout: Full release! :)

Nice. Had it on my wishlist since I tried the demo a good while ago.

Seems like some people bemoan the fact that things/features changed during the development phase. This is why I don't do Early Access. I judge a game by its end-product, not by its alpha/beta state.