It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

And then you wake up... What kind of future would you want to wake up to? Star Trek type future? Star Wars type future? Buck Rogers type future? Blade Runner type future? An earth with Morlocks and Eloi? A planet ruled by primates?
Surprise Me Future! :P
high rated
What, just 100 years? Damn it, I wanted a job at Planet Express!
Futurama. Everyone there is dumb enough that it should be fairly easy to get power/wealth. Also my bank account has a good deal more than Fry's 93 cents, so I would be off to a good start already.
they froze me for over forty years, I wake up and then they try to lobotomise me becuase "well, we just cant have a six four talking blue hairless chimp walking around!" and now I have to deal with shit like the xfactor and george orwells newspeak becoming a reality?

that lobotomy sure looks good right now - that is, if it weren't for this!
Attachments:
laugh_now.jpg (199 Kb)
Fictionvision: Futurama. Everyone there is dumb enough that it should be fairly easy to get power/wealth. Also my bank account has a good deal more than Fry's 93 cents, so I would be off to a good start already.
Well he said 100 years so $0.93 ends up at just $8.61 with 2.25% interest compounded annually.

What a difference 900 years makes, eh?
Sachys: they froze me for over forty years, I wake up and then they try to lobotomise me becuase "well, we just cant have a six four talking blue hairless chimp walking around!" and now I have to deal with shit like the xfactor and george orwells newspeak becoming a reality?

that lobotomy sure looks good right now - that is, if it weren't for this!
Is that how Dr. Manhattan started?
Fictionvision: Futurama. Everyone there is dumb enough that it should be fairly easy to get power/wealth. Also my bank account has a good deal more than Fry's 93 cents, so I would be off to a good start already.
Shaolin_sKunk: Well he said 100 years so $0.93 ends up at just $8.61 with 2.25% interest compounded annually.

Somehow Fry got 4.3 million dollars out of his 93 cents.

So I figure starting at a few hundred should do well by Futurama math even at just 100 years.
Well if it turns out the world had been destroyed by World War 3 Nuclear exchange, I would become the most Cynical. Misinthropic, Nihilistic, and even more atheist a man than I ever was to the point where I would move and live for the rest of my life on a deserted island not wanting anything to do with humanity......
Post edited August 29, 2013 by Elmofongo
Shaolin_sKunk: Well he said 100 years so $0.93 ends up at just $8.61 with 2.25% interest compounded annually.

Fictionvision: Somehow Fry got 4.3 million dollars out of his 93 cents.

So I figure starting at a few hundred should do well by Futurama math even at just 100 years.
If you can find a bank doing an interest rate like that. The only way you'll hit that is probably by figuring out a way to cash and compound Certificates of Deposit automatically while in cryo.
QC: Is that how Dr. Manhattan started?
Just me!
A world where Sacrifice finally has the sequel it deserves...
DeMignon: What, just 100 years? Damn it, I wanted a job at Planet Express!
Not just 100 years but for over a 100 years. You decide how many years over 100.
Licurg: A world where Sacrifice finally has the sequel it deserves...
Hopefully this will happen in the next 10 years.
Post edited August 29, 2013 by monkeydelarge

Fictionvision: Somehow Fry got 4.3 million dollars out of his 93 cents.

Actually if your numbers are true you need 8% and 200 years (mathematically - the bank has worse conditions) to get 4.3 Million $ out of 0.93$

You can experiment with the years here: log(4946236.55914)/log(1 + x/100) with x = the interest rate.
True. If Fry can make it in such a world, intelligent people could easily become wealthy and powerful in such a world.