It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I will never know the cause of the BEX 64 error as the patch R* deployed a few hours ago has fixed their launcher.
bansama: I will never know the cause of the BEX 64 error as the patch R* deployed a few hours ago has fixed their launcher.
So you can play now? Great!
cw8: So you can play now? Great!
Yep
real.geizterfahr: Another thing or two that I really love about this game: The possibility to play old missions again and the rating that you get for the missions.

Not being able to play one specific scene/level/mission of a game when I want to play it, was always a bit annoying to me. There are games where I have saves of my favorite parts of the game to circumvent this, but I prefer how GTA 5 handles this. Could become a bit confusing and bloated once the list grows out of scale, but it's still beating the savegame method.

I'm not an achievement hunter (they're just useless pop ups), but when a game gives me a percentage or rating for missions/levels (or gold medals for beating a lap time in racing games), I'll come back at some point and try to get the best rating. GTA 5 loves to hide the exact requirements behind cryptic names, but that's what wikis are made for :P Will be fun to get a 100% for every mission.
Elmofongo: ...
real.geizterfahr: Stupid question to our GTA expert ;P Did they get rid of the annoying "Let's go bowling" calls in GTA 5? No friends who get pissed when you don't have time for them? I just noticed that I didn't get any of those annoying calls yet, when I played some tennis with Amanda yesterday (I was tired already and just wanted to have a short look at one of the mini games before going to bed).
Sorry for not replying sooner. Yes in while you are not in missions the characters do not call for activities. For the most part they don't have that "going out with friends to get benefits like discount weapons or bombs or free cab rides"

You CAN however choose to go on activities by inviting them yourself. But your do not call you. And its all just recreation. Just to her great dialoge between characters, especially that of Michael and Trevor.
Elmofongo: Sorry for not replying sooner.
Don't worry, I didn't expect an answer in the middle of the night :P (tiime zones and stuff)

Great to hear! That's what I really hated about GTA IV... Everyone wanted to be your friend and everyone thought it's a good idea to give you a call every day -.- I ended up with an angry Roman and pissed off rasta guy (the friend of Real Badman *lol*).
Mr.Caine: Too bad there's no medicine for stupidity though.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Don't loose hope, friend, hang in there, medicinal science works wonders nowadays! Don't stress yourself over it, it is a non-terminal disease, rejoice!
You're starting to remind me of a preacher. Doesn't matter what thread you're in. If it's game related you shove the anti drm beliefs down everyone's throats. It's tedious dude.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Don't loose hope, friend, hang in there, medicinal science works wonders nowadays! Don't stress yourself over it, it is a non-terminal disease, rejoice!
darthspudius: You're starting to remind me of a preacher. Doesn't matter what thread you're in. If it's game related you shove the anti drm beliefs down everyone's throats. It's tedious dude.
And that's why you love me, baby! Ice cold!
Elmofongo: Sorry for not replying sooner.
real.geizterfahr: Don't worry, I didn't expect an answer in the middle of the night :P (tiime zones and stuff)

real.geizterfahr: Great to hear! That's what I really hated about GTA IV... Everyone wanted to be your friend and everyone thought it's a good idea to give you a call every day -.- I ended up with an angry Roman and pissed off rasta guy (the friend of Real Badman *lol*).
Everything about this game is nothing like Niko Bellic GTA 4.

Its more colorful, more whackier dark humor filled with parody.

And the missions have a lot more variety. One mission is just your average skirmish/races while the next your planting a microbomb in someone's phone only for him to call in the midlle of national television and his head blown off in front of the camaras.
Post edited April 17, 2015 by Elmofongo
Cool, I just retrofitted my car with neon glowlights and whole lot of other features like I was able to do in NFS Underground 2. Been wanting to see neon glowlights since then.
real.geizterfahr: Nah... The main thing about cockpit perspective is that I don't like it. That's not a GTA specific problem, but a problem that I have with racing games too. They put the steering wheel at the centre of the screen (which is correct for "first person"), show you useless stuff on the left side of the screen (which I barely look at when driving in real life) and the rear view mirror on the right third of the screen. You can't see your car's right without using the analog stick to look around.
Get the Occulus Rift, then you can use your head to look around instead of the controller:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJI53DbFQ1Q

Waiting for release version of Rift so I can play Euro Truck Simulator 2 with it as well. I already have a cheap Logitech wheel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ipbtMJagv5o#t=205
Post edited April 18, 2015 by cw8
cw8: Get the Occulus Rift, then you can use your head to look around instead of the controller:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJI53DbFQ1Q
I'd have to try the Occulus before I spend money on it. My eyes hate it when I'm too close to the screen and I don't know if this will be the case with a VR device too. I thought about getting a TrackIR some time ago, but... That's a bit expensive (~200 Euro/Dollar for the gamer set) for just a couple of racing games :/