It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Summer sale was another great opportunity to increase my games library.

GOG is always my go to game distribution purchase place. Forget Steam and Humble.

GOG easily outnumbers my steam games 5 to 1.

GOG listen carefully.

You guys absolutely MUST start giving us the ability to move our games around on our game wall.

Hiding games is only a band aid, you must give us control on how our purchased products are displayed on our game wall.

Thank you.
+1 (as many times as i can.)

and an addendum if you dont mind my adding to your suggestion:

in addition to an ability to rearrange our library manually

an inverse / exclude tag search, alongside current tag search (search for x tag, exclude results which have y tag)

an ability to search for games i havent tagged yet (given if previous implemented)

an ability to remove/delete games from our library.

all in the benefit of organization.
here's another good reason for gogrepo: Why bother using external storage when you can easily organize using your own internal system and you don't have to worry about outages.

On the flip side, you might want to invest in a dedicated hard drive for your purchases.
gloomfrost: Summer sale was another great opportunity to increase my games library.

GOG is always my go to game distribution purchase place. Forget Steam and Humble.

GOG easily outnumbers my steam games 5 to 1.

GOG listen carefully.

You guys absolutely MUST start giving us the ability to move our games around on our game wall.

Hiding games is only a band aid, you must give us control on how our purchased products are displayed on our game wall.

Thank you.
You should try Adalia Fundamentals which is a user script that will allow you to do just what you ask. If you don't want to use a 3rd party script, that's your choice. But I recommend it.
As someone who owns 175 games and cant organize them how I want-I feel your pain.
As someone who has 409 or so games, I have too many games to give any care of anything but a predefined sort, because I have better things to do with my time than to sort games into bizarrely specific categories.

There are 5 of them, why do none of those satisfy your criteria?
Yes, I would like to be able to move things around in my GOG collection and also on the wishlist.

I hate having my games sorted disorderly, with titles of the same franchise apart from each other, so I simply organized everything using tags. It took forever and it's a pain to move things around when I add a new game, but at least it works and I have my collection organized the way I like it.
Post edited June 16, 2018 by krugos2
Darvond: (..) I have better things to do with my time than to sort games into bizarrely specific categories.
Without having any medical background, i think all of the above are (mild?) signs of OCD -- a pain in the bottom for the sufferers, if you ask me. To the subject: I don't bother with the GOG shelf to be honest. I find it easier to organize my games by keeping a backup to my HDD -- there i just sort them in alphabetical order so it's really easy to find what i'm looking for when i need to. If you need more organizing options, i guess you could opt for more folders.
kohlrak: here's another good reason for gogrepo: Why bother using external storage when you can easily organize using your own internal system and you don't have to worry about outages.

On the flip side, you might want to invest in a dedicated hard drive for your purchases.
That's exactly why I have yet to download it. I have 1tb on my laptop and around 600mb left with maybe 25% of my collection from GOG and that leaves out all the other stand alone games I have.
+1 to you.. Agreed, this late in the game and we still don't have good game manager abilities
the order of some series is completely messed up, such as Baldur's Gate II appearing before the original in the library.

Even worse, sometimes seris are split, such as with To the Moon and its sequels.
gloomfrost: You guys absolutely MUST start giving us the ability to move our games around on our game wall.
You may not remember this, but this is what we used to have. The fact that they supported it and then removed it makes me think it's unlikely they'll be bringing it back.

Not to say I'm not with you, I was unhappy to lose the ability to arrange my games.
Post edited June 16, 2018 by SirPrimalform
I am using custom tags for this. Can't complain about your idea though.
low rated
deleted
gloomfrost: You guys absolutely MUST start giving us the ability to move our games around on our game wall.
SirPrimalform: You may not remember this, but this is what we used to have. The fact that they supported it and then removed it makes me think it's unlikely they'll be bringing it back.

Not to say I'm not with you, I was unhappy to lose the ability to arrange my games.
I absolutely do remember being able to drag and drop titles on the game shelf, that's why i want it back. Sorting by rpg or sci fi etc is not the same as being able to drag and place titles were we like them, like we were once able to.