It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Yay!

Except... I only got them because I noticed a subscription on my paypal account for a web server. Turns out that I was paying hosting of a site at work out of my own pocket and nobody realized. So I'm getting paid back those expenses.

Yay?

Should I be happy? I honestly don't really know. Since I'm not sure, I'm celebrating anyway, and I'll have lunch for a change.

Additionally, while going through payments, I also noticed what may be 2 months where I didn't get my salary last year. Should I be happy about getting paid for 2 months all of a sudden, or annoyed for not noticing missing payments? It's better than last year at least, there were 4 months unpaid back then.

I'm so confused right now. I'll just order a pizza and keep working.

PS: I considered making this a giveaway, but I'm not because seeing this post uprepped would annoy me somehow.
Post edited March 09, 2015 by P1na
P1na: Yay!
... Yay?

Should I be happy? I honestly don't really know. Since I'm not sure, I'm celebrating anyway, and I'll have lunch for a change.
It's too late to be getting upset about things you overlooked,
and it does appear that you are no "worse for wear",
so yes, you should be happy!

And perhaps in the future pay closer attention to the details, of at least your
Wandering Pineapple finances... :P
P1na: PS: I considered making this a giveaway, but I'm not because seeing this post uprepped would annoy me somehow.
To uprep you or not? Hmmm.... so tempting...
+1
Definitely +1
Licurg: +1
Always a pleasure.
You possibly didn't get salary for two months and you were paying for a server and it didn't affect you in a way that you would notice immediately? You definitely should be happy. ;P
GhostwriterDoF: And perhaps in the future pay closer attention to the details, of at least your
Wandering Pineapple finances... :P
Sad thing is, knowing myself, I won't. This kind of thing did happen last year after all.

All I have to do to get paid is fill up a copy-pasted excel sheet, change the dates for the current month, say I worked full time every day and send it to the "accountant". Takes 5 minutes, tops, and I only have to do it at the end of the month. That's literally all it takes, and I can't even do that. If I don't sell the excel file, the accountant will not fill up the paperwork or whatever it is she does. If she doesn't do that, my boss doesn't get the notification for paying the pineapple. And, since he has a lot of things in his mind, he forgets about paying me. And then I just look at my bank account and go "wow, staying in Japan was more expensive than I thought, I'm low on funds".

There isn't even malice, just incompetence. My incompetence, to boot. I can't even get angry at anyone.
I think you should feel apathetic. If you are well off enough to miss two months salary and hosting a site for your work then I guess it's not such a big deal is it?
InkPanther: You possibly didn't get salary for two months and you were paying for a server and it didn't affect you in a way that you would notice immediately? You definitely should be happy. ;P
Yup, I'm real happy for that. Don't think I'm not. Luckily I'm single and homeless so I don't have any big expenses to worry about, plus a reasonably big buffer in the bank that would allow me to keep going for a few months. FREEDOM!!

Circumstances force me to work with 4 bank accounts in different countries though, so it's not the easiest thing to keep track of.
Nice result! I'd uprate this post but I cba :P
pigdog: I think you should feel apathetic. If you are well off enough to miss two months salary and hosting a site for your work then I guess it's not such a big deal is it?
I'm slightly annoyed that I don't find it a big deal, I guess. It's nice that I don't have to worry about middle term monetary problems, but I feel like I should be taking better care of myself. One day this is going to bite me in the ass, for sure.

See why I'm feeling conflicted?

Honestly, I don't even know. I just wanted to put my thoughts out there, I guess. It may just be that I'm feeling a bit lonely as I don't have anyone around to talk about this? It's a weird feeling.
You're never lonely on GOG :)

My pigdog sends you a big slurpy, slobbery lick
P1na: I'm so confused right now. I'll just order a pizza and keep working.
Don't be hasty, get your thought sorted first ! You might end up ordering a 'tropical' pizza nonsense with piñapl-limbs and guts all over it.

Edit : thanks to you I won't ever be able to write piñap11e correctly :(
Post edited March 09, 2015 by Potzato
Potzato: Don't be hasty, get your thought sorted first ! You might end up ordering a 'tropical' pizza nonsense with piñapl-limbs and guts all over it.

Edit : thanks to you I won't ever be able to write piñap11e correctly :(
Oh, that would be horrible indeed. There are few things work than pineapple on a pizza.