It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao:
I will miss you. You were the rock that I cling to.... Good night sweet prince.
We lost the best person of this whole place...
*depression*
Life sucks. >:(
mrkgnao: … to say goodbye.

For quite a while now, GOG has been drifting in directions that I personally find less appetising, both in matters of policy (e.g. regional locking, regional pricing, "incomplete" editions) and in matters of quality (e.g. bugs, lack of communication, general neglect, and of course “where are my PMs?”).

Frankly, I should have left a long time ago, but you, the good people on the forum, as well as MaGog, have kept me here. However, I’m afraid it’s no longer enough to balance my growing dissatisfaction with the GOG experience.

So, after seven years, I guess it's time to cut the cord.

But enough about me; let’s talk about what’s really important.

What will happen to MaGog?
I will continue maintaining MaGog more or less as before. The reason is pretty simple: MaGog is the only way I have to know what is actually happening with the games I own on GOG, as well as my primary method of managing and downloading my GOG library.

What will happen to MaGog’s reports on the “What Did Just Update” and “Good News: Price Updates” threads?
These will stop after June 21, 2016.

So can you instead give us access to MaGog’s logs so that we can report her findings ourselves?
I thought about it and it’s not that easy. MaGog’s logs are pretty complex and contain quite a bit of private information. To share them, I would have to create a duplicate set of logs that is suitable for foreign eyes, and I’m afraid it’s just too much work to maintain two such sets of logs on a regular basis.

So that’s that? No more “From MaGog’s logs”?
Not necessarily.
It should be possible for an enterprising soul to write a script (it needn’t even be an online script, just a desktop one accessing the net) that visits MaGog every six hours, obtains MaGog’s text database (a single file; URL available on MaGog's home page), compares it to the one obtained six hours earlier, and generates its own log of changes. I will gladly cooperate with anyone wanting to do it, even after June 21, and if necessary will also add anything missing from the text database to help in generating such reports (which, hopefully, will be more user-friendly than MaGog’s have been).
Be forewarned, though, that it is quite a commitment. In the past two years, I estimate that I have spent at least 10-20 hours a week just maintaining MaGog on a basic level and reporting daily changes (not including any time spent on actually adding features to MaGog).

And what happens if there’s some MaGog emergency and we need to contact you?
magogmrkgnao at gmail dot com

Thank you all for a most memorable experience, my fellow goglodytes.

P.S. I'm still around until June 21.
:'( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN9Fpl2plvc
Oh well, I've created the diff excel worksheet anyway (WIP):
It allows to compare 2 game list files from Magog, taken in different dates.
This could be useful to consider only modified games, every time you want to download updates.

You need to:
1- save Magog's text file each time from here:
phaolo: magog.txt
2- select " | " in Excel as the delimeter or directly replace " | " with the TAB separator in the file.
3- paste the old list to the "list01" sheet (if you want, sort it by ID).
4- paste the new list to the "list02" sheet (if you want, sort it by ID).
5- check the differences in the other sheets.

EDIT: updated
Post edited July 19, 2016 by phaolo
Haven't used MaGOG, but I understand a lot of people did and I'm sad to see such a proactive member of the community go.

I got curious as to what kind of regional locking was in place (haven't followed regional issues closely) and found a link listing games that are banned in Australia and Germany.

Assuming the list is accurate... any reason why those 2 countries are targeted by regional bans?
Post edited July 15, 2016 by Magnitus
Magnitus: Haven't used MaGOG, but I understand a lot of people did and I'm sad to see such a proactive member of the community go.

I got curious as to what kind of regional locking was in place (haven't followed regional issues closely) and found a link listing games that are banned in Australia and Germany.

Assuming the list is accurate... any reason why only those 2 countries are affected by regional bans?
Archaic and stupid censorship laws within the countries themselves. Gog says it's too difficult to comply with the necessary rules and regulations to sell restricted games in Germany so they don't sell them at all.
I think it's either the same in Australia or they are just out right banned.
adaliabooks: Archaic and stupid censorship laws within the countries themselves. Gog says it's too difficult to comply with the necessary rules and regulations to sell restricted games in Germany so they don't sell them at all.
I see, thanks for the info.
adaliabooks: Archaic and stupid censorship laws within the countries themselves. Gog says it's too difficult to comply with the necessary rules and regulations to sell restricted games in Germany so they don't sell them at all.
If I'm not mistaken, Australia bans them outright (Refused Classification is the term, I believe). Germany is a mix of both, I think. Some are banned outright while others are "just" restricted? Not sure.