It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Does anybody know if we can expect a new Humble Weekly today, or are they going to focus on the monthly shitty-thingie for now?
What Humble really needs is a "don't send me Steam offers" filter. :(

And god almighty are they pushing the "bad deal" monthly thing. Why, Humble, why.
Post edited October 08, 2015 by Vainamoinen
Vainamoinen: What Humble really needs is a "don't send me Steam offers" filter. :(
That's a good idea. Send it to them.
Vainamoinen: What Humble really needs is a "don't send me Steam offers" filter. :(

And god almighty are they pushing the "bad deal" monthly thing. Why, Humble, why.
You want uplay deals then? ;)

Pay up front for a random jumble of Steam codes!!!!! Goodie.
The Weekly Bundle 15... do you need the steaming Ebola filled cesspit to run these things, or can you download the games and run them without that crap? You know, like in the good old days, when Humble Bundle was good and not Steam Bundle?

If it's actually possible to get these darn things without steam and working on Linux, I may actually spend some money on these guys again. Never thought I would, the way they have developed over the last ~2 years.
Pangaea666: The Weekly Bundle 15... do you need the steaming Ebola filled cesspit to run these things, or can you download the games and run them without that crap? You know, like in the good old days, when Humble Bundle was good and not Steam Bundle?

If it's actually possible to get these darn things without steam and working on Linux, I may actually spend some money on these guys again. Never thought I would, the way they have developed over the last ~2 years.
If you meant the "humble indie bundle 15" - nearly all of the games are DRM-free as well as it can be seen on their site. But maybe I did not understand the question correctly.
Pangaea666: The Weekly Bundle 15... do you need the steaming Ebola filled cesspit to run these things, or can you download the games and run them without that crap? You know, like in the good old days, when Humble Bundle was good and not Steam Bundle?

MarkoH01: If you meant the "humble indie bundle 15" - nearly all of the games are DRM-free as well as it can be seen on their site. But maybe I did not understand the question correctly.
Yes, you understood it, it's just that I don't quite trust that sort of info from them any more when DRM Free sometimes means "you can download and play it, but only on steam". If I can download and install those games, without needing steam, then I may consider buying them.
high rated
Pangaea666: Yes, you understood it, it's just that I don't quite trust that sort of info from them any more when DRM Free sometimes means "you can download and play it, but only on steam". If I can download and install those games, without needing steam, then I may consider buying them.
The DRM-free tag on Humble means there is a standalone installer. No Steam required. If both tags are present, there are both standalone installers and steam keys included. I feel safe buying DRM-free on Humble. I don't use Steam.
<span class="bold">Humble Weekly Bundle: Nordic Games 3: Nordic's Staff Picks</span>

$1
Silent Storm Gold Edition
Chaser
Jagged Alliance 1 Gold Edition (Also for Mac and Linux)
SuperPower 2 Steam Edition

BTA
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive
Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge
MX vs. ATV Unleashed
Black Mirror
Black Mirror II
Black Mirror III
Red Faction Guerrilla Steam Edition

$10
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (Also for Mac and Linux)
75% coupon for the next purchase of Nordic Games from the Humble Store (valid till 5 November 2015).

All games are Steam-only.
Post edited October 08, 2015 by Grargar
Already have most of those games so i'll pass. More money saved. :D
And let me add a screencap I managed to get while checking if there was a bundle or not. May make for some interesting assumptions.
Attachments:
capture.png (20 Kb)
Pangaea666: Yes, you understood it, it's just that I don't quite trust that sort of info from them any more when DRM Free sometimes means "you can download and play it, but only on steam". If I can download and install those games, without needing steam, then I may consider buying them.
budejovice: The DRM-free tag on Humble means there is a standalone installer. No Steam required. If both tags are present, there are both standalone installers and steam keys included. I feel safe buying DRM-free on Humble. I don't use Steam.
Well...sometimes you get an actual standalone installer. Other times you just get a zip file containing the game content. I really wish Humble had some standards for their DRM-free downloads, but they just seem to treat them as an afterthought.
JMich: And let me add a screencap I managed to get while checking if there was a bundle or not. May make for some interesting assumptions.
Steve Jobs is being a manipulative sod from the grave?! O_____o
high rated
budejovice: The DRM-free tag on Humble means there is a standalone installer. No Steam required. If both tags are present, there are both standalone installers and steam keys included. I feel safe buying DRM-free on Humble. I don't use Steam.
KillingMachine: Well...sometimes you get an actual standalone installer. Other times you just get a zip file containing the game content. I really wish Humble had some standards for their DRM-free downloads, but they just seem to treat them as an afterthought.
You are correct. My wording should have been better.