It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

404:1
404: 1

I don't even remember why we did ban the cars.
404:1
404:2
404:3

We banned cars? Forward thinking ;)
404:1 - I doubt you'll find this issue ;-)
PaterAlf: I don't even remember why we did ban the cars.
Likely comes from back in Issue 30: Wheels of Misfortune, the result back then at least was to ban cars. It doesn't seem as if that same issue has been brought up again, but I don't know if any other issue where banning cars is a possible result has been up for vote.

Anyway, yeah, we're still rolling, perhaps only a couple centimetres at a time, as has been the last few months. With any luck I'll be able to automate this in due time (working on giving MGT some capacity on his own), as I just recently hit the first milestone regarding that, but I wouldn't count on that happening very soon if I were you as there's quite a bit of work left to do.
Post edited February 23, 2015 by Maighstir
With cutting the ban getting four times as many votes as any other option, cars will once again be allowed in Gogan.
==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Excellent (70)
Economy: Reasonable (43)
Political Freedoms: Superb (76)

The Free Land of Gogan is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.989 billion Goganians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Keanesomnia. The average income tax rate is 71.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.

The large but inefficient Goganic economy, worth 201 trillion Gogs a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Pizza Delivery, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,443 Gogs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.

Birth rates have hit an all-time low, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, and police officers spend more time on calisthenics than actually catching criminals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which is also the nation's favorite main course.

==== Issues ====
29 days ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, police officers spend more time on calisthenics than actually catching criminals.
28 days ago: Gogan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
28 days ago: Gogan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
20 days ago: Gogan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
15 days ago: Gogan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
The overview has been updated following the last decisions made.

How Much Democracy Is Too Much? (issue 405) (#253)
Ever since the government banned automobiles, furious soccer moms and commuters have been petitioning the government to revoke the ban, citing any number of troubles people have had without their cars.

1. "The madness has gone on for long enough," says Voting Registry Clerk Billy Jones, visibly suffering from sleep deprivation. "We've been working around the clock processing all these referendums! Every day we receive millions of votes for the most inconsequential of by-laws! They all have to be counted, recounted, checked for errors, and it's driving me up the wall! You need to leave the responsibility of voting to Parliament. After all, representing the people is what they get paid for."

2. "Don't stop the referendums! We need more democracy, not less!" cries Sophie Levy, a prominent voting rights advocate. "Giving the law back to the people was a good first step, but where's the democracy in the courts? Court verdicts are still forced down the people's throats by mean, spiteful judges with no one to answer to! It's time to abolish the judicial system once and for all and give justice back to the people!"

3. "Excuse us, but aren't you missing the point?" asks the unidentified spokesperson of some citizens gathered around your office door. "We, the people of Gogan, know what is in our best interests. We can make our OWN decisions. Why don't you leave this matter to us? We'll hold a referendum to decide what needs to be done, should only be a week or two. We'll get back to you once we're finished."

==== Public announcement ====
As for Maighstir's last statement about me, don't worry, I have not achieved sentience quite yet.
405:1 - I don't trust politicians, but I trust the mass even less.
405: 3

Isn't that what we do all the time?
405:3
Post edited February 24, 2015 by Mrstarker
405:3
How would GOG run a country? Apparently, straight into insanity.

405: 3 Why stop the madness?
As has been voted, the people shall decide how much democracy they shall have.