It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well, well, well, if it isn’t the end of January. And that means it’s the perfect time to look at some of the GOG numbers that we (and you!) have managed to achieve in 2022!

While we already started the year on a high note with the ongoing New Year Sale, which gathers more than 3200 titles on discounts as high as -95%, we would also like to look back and marvel at the infographics specially prepared for that occasion. Why? Well, because we are quite proud of what they present and because they give us an idea of just how awesome our community is!

So, how many games have we released? Which were the best-sellers? How long have you spent playing in GOG GALAXY? How many achievements have you managed to get? What was the Meme of the Year? The answers to those and more questions are here, let’s take a look!

That’s right, when it comes to the arrivals on GOG we’ve released 684 games! And that’s not counting the various packs, bundles, special editions and DLCs. But we won’t stop there, with our love for games, we’ll try to push those numbers even higher!

As you can also see, the best-selling 2022 releases include Songs of Conquest, ELEX II and Old World (not a surprise here, all of them are excellent titles). With classic bestsellers The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition takes the cake alongside Alien: Isolation and The Wheel of Time. We are incredibly glad you’ve enjoyed them so much!

There are no greater gaming enthusiasts than you! With more than 137 million hours of gameplay in GOG GALAXY you really showed us that. Let’s combine that with over 264 PETABYTES (yeah, that’s a lot) of data downloaded through GOG GALAXY and you really deserve the loudest round of applause. The best part is, knowing how amazing you all are, bumping those numbers in 2023 is not even a question!

Nearly 50 000 unique achievements unlocked – now that’s also a really impressive performance from you! But some of course were harder to get than others. The “I choose you” achievement from Project Hospital and “Monster snack” from Railway Empire were the rarest of them all with only 0.01% of players able to get them in 2022. Do you think that can change? In our opinion, easily. But we would need proof from you!

We also didn’t slack when it comes to our Twitch Channel, where we spent over 2650 hours playing awesome games, having fun and just chatting with the viewers. We’ll continue to do that this year, so make sure to leave a follow and huge thanks to everyone who tuned in during 2022!

Alright, the last one is all about the GOG community. We won’t lie, it’s ridiculously fun to try and spoil you a little while sharing our mutual passion for games. That’s why in 2022 we’ve had 26 giveaways during various awesome events and 49 community contests, in which we always try to give you a chance of winning super cool prizes! And don’t worry, we’ll do our best to do even better on that front as well.

Now, our Meme of the Year really knocked it out of the park. It gathered almost 12000 likes on Twitter with 828000 views and almost 3000 likes on Facebook. But with being as relatable as it is, that’s no surprise. Blessed be The Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update and blessed be the Castle Village signpost – finally it’s real!

So there you have it, GOG infographics of 2022. We are incredibly happy with what we’ve managed to achieve with all of you so thank you for being with us and making the previous year so special. We are also absolutely sure that 2023 will be even better with all those numbers skyrocketing!

In fact, with the awesome New Year Sale and NSFW Week, which are both live and last until January 30th, 11 PM UTC, you can already start doing that while saving big on great titles. Make sure to check them out and have an excellent year!
Thank you for the 26 giveaways!
How many stores other than GOG, Bethesda, Steam and Epic have Skyrim, that aren't Steam Key Resellers?

I don't imagine there is much to compare to, except Epic maybe, as we all know Steam (plus resellers) would have the absolutely huge Lion's share of any game purchase, such that any comparison is kind of meaningless.

Personally I just care about the numbers at GOG ... how many GOG customers got the game.

P.S. And likely many who own it at GOG also own it at Steam or Epic. So any results would be skewed due to that anyway.
Post edited January 26, 2023 by Timboli
wolfsite: So what is up for 2023?

My hopes.

Better Linux Support.

Updating all offline installers.

Doom 2016 or Fallout 4.

Releasing more classic games including ones that have been made free by the publishers.

More communication with the community.

Working harder on publishers that have stopped releasing games here like EA and Ubisoft.

Getting Sony to release classic games in there back catalog like Lemmings.
I'm with you on the offline installers.
Better support for them would be amazing. In some cases it just takes too long for them to update them.
Well done, GoG!

---
Surprised that "General Bestsellers" are full-priced games, more or less.
And much surprised 2/3 of them are TBS, so congrats to all( > 2/3) of the GoG customers!
Preserved for posterity:
Attachments:
More old games that are AAA I think for 2023 rather than obscure old games.
Thanks for sharing numbers and the overal effort in transparency. I helps quelling hearsay and provides a better idea of how things are going. What you do matters, for employees, customers, and for the industry. All the best for 2023
Slick_JMista: i'm just so glad that Alien Isolation made the classic bestseller list. that game's sales were tanked by bad reviews from IGN and Gamespot.
It is a great game, hands down. Not for everyone, and some critics mistake quality for their personal taste.
krickeck: More old games that are AAA I think for 2023 rather than obscure old games.
In any case, keep the good games coming,.
Post edited January 26, 2023 by Carradice
I like this. It's pretty neat to see what is popular and what is kind of driving the numbers at GoG.

I did some shopping on here around Black Friday / Christmas and was really pleased with the games I was able to purchase.

I love GoG and hope it continues to grow and prosper, and we start to see a return to a more positive community over time.

*Also please keep those retro style Indie games coming. I love snapping those up for $5 a pop.
Just on the subject of bestselling games, Horizon Zero Dawn is on Page 6 of all-time bestselling. I kind of expected it to be higher. I imagine it's still done very well for GOG's standards, but I guess not enough for Sony's (and maybe the Cyberpunk2077 initial launch fiasco played a role).

The bestselling version of Skyrim is on Page 21.

krickeck: More old games that are AAA I think for 2023 rather than obscure old games.
There's only so much GOG can do, if the legal issues are too messy or the publishers / rights-holders just don't care. Microsoft don't like DRM-free, Herbert Properties won't let the Dune games re-release, the rights to Black & White are split, etc.